It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
www.scmp.com...

Interesting 2 ND case in San Diego
edit on 12-2-2020 by armakirais because: (no reason given)

United States health authorities have discovered a second case of the novel coronavirus among Americans recently evacuated from Wuhan in China, according to a source briefed on the development, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 14. Found it on wuflu.live. Under news
edit on 12-2-2020 by armakirais because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Feb 12 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB CODE

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells
a reply to: angelchemuel

They have been tested negative

Well that’s good to hear

It’s hard to see how this can really be contained now? Before this occurred it did cross my mind that a drastic reduction in human numbers might be only way to halt global co2 emissions and general rape and pillage of Earth’s resources. Didn’t think I might be around to see it happen.
Do I think it possible that some underground global elite might have similar thoughts? Er....yes! But I will confess to an addiction to post apocalyptic fiction.
What I do know is we are an arrogant and quarrelsome species who think they are so superior to everything else. Viruses may be a basic life form but may prove to have the upper hand.
Haven’t posted on ATS for a long time since my favourite forum went downhill, glad I decided to check out what was going on with this.

link   
a reply to: Bicent

It may also be that there are cases that no one has reported because they didn't know they had it.

There has also been the supposition that the corona story is a cover for something worse. I'm not sure I believe that one.

But I'm also not sure how we've had so many cases jump China's borders and we only have a couple small chains of outbreak so far.

I understand people saying they're keeping it covered up ... but if it was hitting like it was in China, word of a sudden influx of severe pneumonia and ARDS cases in some of these places that were alarming hospitals would start to leak out, and they haven't yet.

link   
a reply to: armakirais

Linky 404'd.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychoparrot

They might but they either figure they can contain it/control it or they aren't terribly scared of it.

You don't see any of them heading for their bunkers do you?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
"At least 500 Wuhan medical staff infected with coronavirus"
www.scmp.com...

Just how long until there are no more figures.

How long till there are no more Doctors and Nurses?

Precisely. I warned the other day that frontline staff were running out of masks and reusing them. Massive risk of them getting infected and spreading it to entire hospitals and staff.

I start getting glimpses of this getting better, then I'm reminded just how bad it might be.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Somehow I can't get the link to work. But fixed it in my post .
United States health authorities have discovered a second case of the novel coronavirus among Americans recently evacuated from Wuhan in China, according to a source briefed on the development, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 14. Found it on wuflu.live
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If you just copy pasted it, then it may be trimming what's important. The box with arrow button up at the top of the post box will help you embed a link so it will work.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells
a reply to: angelchemuel

It just stood out to me after all the bodies in the streets in Wuhan that's all. I know it's almost positively nothing to do with covid-19 .I know I'd normally not even notice the story, Just sharing what I saw sorry x

It's OK....I get it. Wasn't having a go, just thought there was something else behind it.....besides the fact I'm spending a week in Nottingham teaching in 2 weeks time

Rainbows
Jane x

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Link has a full stop on the end. Deleting it fixed it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Precisely.

It's one thing to have smaller, scattered outbreaks of this thing. It seems to me that most people who get this will be able to fight it on their own. It's the ones who develop the more severe version that we ought to worry about.

They will need concentrated care and close care for a prolonged period of time.

Will we be able to manage the illness such that we can keep our medical facilities from being overwhelmed as badly as China's have been? I think that's the critical question to answer. If we can, then I think we'll make it through.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: darepairman
a reply to: Arnie123

You mean to tell me they reused a take out bag?

😂 ye, food for the dog apparently.[/q

ya never kmow

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

www.nbcsandiego.com...

Looks like it is a 3 year old girl.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Precisely.

It's one thing to have smaller, scattered outbreaks of this thing. It seems to me that most people who get this will be able to fight it on their own. It's the ones who develop the more severe version that we ought to worry about.

They will need concentrated care and close care for a prolonged period of time.

Will we be able to manage the illness such that we can keep our medical facilities from being overwhelmed as badly as China's have been? I think that's the critical question to answer. If we can, then I think we'll make it through.

Indeed. what concerns me though, if China can run out of masks, what hope does the rest of the world have? I said early on, masks were sold out, well before supply chain issues, well before any panic buying could have made a dent. Governments have clearly stockpiled, but will it be enough.
edit on 12-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

(post by muzzleflash removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yep that is what I am trying to figure out also. I don’t think the answer, is black and white. Absolutely we should be hearing about a hell of allot more cases. Maybe they are covering it up, I don’t have time to travel to cities with reported cases and case ER’s etc. if they are covering it up, they won’t be able to do it for long. Not gonna worrying about, it nothing we can do about it, speaking of which I am gonna play a game.

Over and out

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Frigging breaks my heart to see that video. Hope she gets cured quickly.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hopefully, she is like most of the cases and her course is no more worse than a bad cold.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.nbcsandiego.com...

Looks like it is a 3 year old girl.

She tested negative, was released, and then readmitted a week later. Poor kid. Wife is still in Wuhan and has pneumonia.

That poor family.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I hope you feel better, and I don't think I treated you like a jerk.

new topics

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join