It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Wow this thread exploded,

Yeah, I flicked through it, it wasn't worth the time.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank you.

I’ll try to get some updates tonight US time. Contact a bit sporadic with family, not sure what’s up but know they are a-ok as of this writing.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
amp.scmp.com...
On the 4th test he was confirmed to have virus. How many test are we doing to confirm suspected cases?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

All data strongly points to natural but there is a missing link somewhere. I don’t see it being a bioweapon but it could easily be a laboratory acquired infection gone crazy.

Didn’t that happen with H1N1 decades ago?

I have to watch the video but I thought the similarities with HIV were only with its cell binding and genetic insertion. I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

It doesn't sound like there is a standardized operating procedure for how many times to test patients. In the 1st thread we came to the consensus (at least at that time) that a lot of countries were NOT testing and re-testing patients again and again unless there were symptoms that worsened OR a specific entity had a standard practice of testing suspected cases multiple times

This suggests that the number of confirmed cases reported is significantly lower than the reality

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

There isn’t, but they are building one, I will post the proposed diagnostic algorithm in a few along with comparisons to SARS and MERS.

As far as I know there is no diagnostic test that is 100% sensitive or specific. Any that claim to be are rounded up. Doctors treat on probability and that’s why they needed an algorithm weeks ago.

They have started randomized targeted drug clinical trials in China which should give us some very good data on how to treat this thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
www.dailystar.co.uk...
Belgium woman on uk evacuation flight has tested positive and is in quarentine in uk

That can't be right?
There were indeed 9 Belgians on the flight. But all 9 of them are quarantined in Belgium which was confirmed when some skyped with the press earlier today.
One of them, a 55yo male, tested positive and was moved to another hospital in Brussels.

Local media says nothing about a female being quarantined in the UK

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Watch Paul Cottrell’s video he debunks the HIV part as those 2 segments being similar but not HIV.

He didn’t understand why they focused on that as there is as he says a clearly inserted strand in the middle. (Paraphrased from memory.)

I think all available evidence supports that it’s man made.

My tin foil hat says maybe the US was asked to help with WHO to have those 2 bodies announce it’s man made at a later date. Someone noted (thanks to you) the WHO said “may” have come from the wet market. I think they are carefully started to pivot.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Meh it’s daily star. Check back on the story in a day.

link   
I almost forgot. November 9th is the predicted appearance of this virus in human populations. That gave it some time in its initial spread to people not exposed to the market.

link   
All I'm doing is searching the web heres one from a less tabloid paper

www.independent.co.uk...

Edit: To be more specific searching twitter and then only posting when there is a link to a source. Google is heavily scrubbed atm it seems

edit on 4-2-2020 by Pommer89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: muzzleflash

If you listen to the WHO briefing that just happened a little while ago you would know that even THEY don't know what we're dealing with. They are JUST NOW sending a team of experts to China and they clearly say they don't have enough data. Even with the cases outside of China they only have 38% of the reports back so even outside of China they don't have enough information. It's on YouTube and was just live streamed a short time ago. I don't know the correct way to post links since I haven't been on here in a really long time. The first 15 minutes is just them getting seated. He does say not to panic but it's reasonable to be worried.

www.youtube.com...

Correct we don't have all the answers yet, but we can anticipate a lot of things accurately based on basic info we already know. That's how the early estimates held with decent accuracy, because there's only a few aspects of this that are currently unknown.

My point wasn't really about people worrying *per se*, but instead it was that we have all these people providing all of these inaccurate graphs and charts and assuming that it's legit info. The data is being skewed purposely to make this virus look worse than it is, so yes it's frustrating to see so many ppl here at ATS believe in it unquestioningly.

I think we have a huge problem with faulty data and automatic assumption/belief and I'll be damned if I read in silence as everyone goes crazy without even bringing up the fact all the data is flawed, some of it on purpose even. Why would someone skew the data on purpose to make it look worse than it is?

We have "all of these inaccurate grpahs and charts" which are created using the numbers that are out there and we should ignore them and replace them with - what you think based on the fluff between your ears.

Think I'll go with the charts and numbers thanks.

You mean that chart that counts all 20k cases and 400~ some odd deaths starting on Jan 22nd? (Or thereabouts)

If the virus started back in early December than why not have the graph model it's growth based on the date of the 1st case? That'd make a lot more sense wouldn't it?

If you start the chart at 0 in mid January than the growth rate will look way faster than it really is.
Not to mention the chart doesn't actually count all cases, just those confirmed in hospitals.
So there's tons more cases that never even went to the hospital, which further lowers the death rates.

Your charts are not reality my friend. They are temporary fiction for a day.

If the graph started on 1st Dec or 1st Jan 2019, the explosion in numbers now would still be the same - it would simply be a longer tail to the left with not much happening, then once you reach critical mass it would rocket upwards.

It's the rocketing upwards in a short time that is the worry, not the tail on the other side.

The flip side to your argument is probably based from the plot of SARS vs this, where SARS flattened off after 40 ish days - well if we plot backwards to your start point this hasn't flattened off after 40 days, it's exploded instead of coming under control, which would mean rather than being contained or levelling off it's getting worse, which in itself is exponentially worse than if the graph starts on the 22nd.

Because that indicates either it is uncontainable, or it's mutated to something worse.

If we start on Dec 1st and like you contend it's nothing, then the graph should show nothing after 40 days.

If it started on Dec 1st and 60+ days later it heads from nothing to the stars then we're screwed.

EDIT - just to clarify - it may have started earlier, but if it did then the numbers China are producing now are a snapshot to what was happening maybe a month ago.

No one in their right mind quarantines practically an entire country over nothing.

This a country that in it's cultural revolution thought nothing of seeing 50 - 75 million people die.

You think they're shutting the whole place down because 200 people died (it was less I think than 200 official dead when they pulled the plug).

Get real.

Being contrarian is one thing, sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming LA LA LA so you can't hear is something entirely different.
edit on -06:0020202America/ChicagoTue, 04 Feb 2020 15:49:16 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0249 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

It could be man made, we do it all the time in animal models to accelerate studies. That’s why I’m open to the laboratory acquired infection theory, it just does not behave like a bioweapon would. They are either tailored to wipe out quickly in a small area or to burn out after spreading like crazy to limit worldwide spread.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
All I'm doing is searching the web heres one from a less tabloid paper

www.independent.co.uk...

Edit: To be more specific searching twitter and then only posting when there is a link to a source. Google is heavily scrubbed atm it seems

Thanks for the link

Neither of the articles say that she is quarantined in the UK.
Our own news sources did remove the gender from the articles somewhere in the last hours

edit, sorry, my country is to small to let one slip away!!!

edit on 4-2-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Pommer89

This suggests that the number of confirmed cases reported is significantly lower than the reality

This is what concerns me and also what happens if the test comes back negative, do they then just assume they have the flu or a cold and carry on with everyday lives. Completely unaware they are now spreading coronavirus

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Could easily be modified or man-made, but not sure that really matters. Maybe if every country didn't have bio labs where they develop bio-weapons, it might matter more. Sloppy safety measures and an escaped virus.. or a natural one, doesn't it really matter much at the end of the day? I doubt it was intentional, if it was from that lab.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Add one more case. There are currently 20,709 cases.
New case in Canada
edit on 4-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Let’s get this thread back on course.

Some new NEWS..

edition.cnn.com... ossmf

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sorry went off this tweet originally

twitter.com...

My bad for assuming it correct.
Gender is mentioned in daily star article and this one

amp.lbcnews.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Could easily be modified or man-made, but not sure that really matters. Maybe if every country didn't have bio labs where they develop bio-weapons, it might matter more. Sloppy safety measures and an escaped virus.. or a natural one, doesn't it really matter much at the end of the day? I doubt it was intentional, if it was from that lab.

I was just about to post exactly the same sentiment. Even if it is manmade the purpose of that can never really be absolutely determined, so it's probably worth little to no consideration now.

And, again, China has form;

The SARS virus – which between 2002 and 2004 infected 8,098 people and killed 774 – had infact ‘escaped’ multiple times from a lab in Beijing prior to Wuhan’s lab opening, according to the Nature article.

Linky

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join