It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 300
<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
a reply to: tanstaafl

Are you saying for me to stop posting?

I’ve been keen to notice that my edgy posts are easily taken as outright hostile or conniving. It’s not my aim.

I agree and am well-aware that my contradicting and contrary posts may not be well received and interpreted as attacks or badgering or worse.Look playing devils advocate is all I got. I have no technical skills to speak of, so if it appears I’m “going after the player and not the ball” (and I may have been on more than a few occasions) it’s not my intention. At all. Part of playing devils advocate is getting a little bit of info or a link, and trying to hit that tidbit from a completely different angle altogether. It doesn’t even mean I agree I’d feel that way or disagree even. I’m trying to remain calm and skeptical as everyone here. I just have an odd way of expressing my thoughts. So mods and everyone courageous to get down to the bottom of this: I’m sorry and I’ll do better, even if it means self-imposed quarantine from posting....

What I do have and was “trained” for was synthesizing information in a different way than others and looking at the discrepancies and similarities with regards to synchronicity.

“One could not a pluck a flower without harming a star”....

“Brother Eagle, Sister Sky” by Chief Seattle is another worthwhile bit here

I owe Necrose an apology. I may not agree with you. Or I may not even disagree but I was out of line.

“There is much truth in jest”

But my gallows humor doesn’t apply the same thoughtful force as a link. Somehow I’m dealing with this by trying to make light of a grave situation.

That is all. Carry on and stay frosty curious amigos
edit on 12-2-2020 by slatesteam because: LE quote

edit on 12-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Connexxxions

edit on 12-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Get it?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb
I have been very worried about this virus getting loose in India. I had been using my smart tv to access youTubes from India about the coronavirus. Up until a couple of days ago I was watching daily, however it suddenly disappeared. I feared the shutdown of information meant that it was there.

I really hope that there has been enough time to set up procedures to fight this. Do you live in India and can you provide information like the ATS member in Japan?

We have a very large Indian population where I live and this would be horrific for them.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Singapore - you do the searching.

No thanks, I'm not the proponent of the claim.

Like I say, very stupid to be so dismissive.

Dismissive of... what, lack of evidence of something to be fearful of?

Equally dumb to suggest something else released in Wuhan.

Well, this is a Conspiracy website, right?

But seriously - how else do you explain the massive disconnect in the numbers WuHan/mainland China vs the rest of the world?

However, could you provide a link to back up your assertion?

Nope, because it is not an assertion, it is simply an unsubstantiated theory, and I never suggested it was anything other than that.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Something off about that U.K. super spreader, not sure I want to post an opinion on that public ally but here:
www.google.co.uk...
Tell me what you think? Does something seem off with the movement and story?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
Something off about that U.K. super spreader, not sure I want to post an opinion on that public ally but here:
www.google.co.uk...
Tell me what you think? Does something seem off with the movement and story?

I can't read that due to the paywall. Can you provide some info on what it says?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm wondering how many cases of the CoronaVirus are in the wild that are being dismissed as flu symptoms?

The flu season shot up early in December, then subsided a little bit then shooting back up here in Feb. The same pattern (not not as bad) happened in 2017-2018 season.

You would have no clue if you grabbed a handle after someone who had been to Wuhan, or someone who had been around someone from Wuhan recently. You get sick and the obvious symptoms are the flu. If you didn't have a flu shot, it's just the flu. If you did, guess it was a different strain. It's only 40% effective this year anyhow.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am trying to look at events objectively and I am going to propose that the coronavirus has been an escalating problem for at least a year, if not more.
Without getting into any political sparring, once again I am looking at the actions of officials.

Why would President Trump take on a real trade war with China?
What if the government knew that there was an enormous problem in China and that they would not be able to manufacture goods.That would result in serious supply chain problems and economic crisis.
The only logical choice would be to bring the manufacturing back to the U.S.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

We will miss you, TD. Rest up, and when you return, perhaps the numbers / situation will have caught up enough to justify your worries to the peanut gallery....

edit on 12-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

My view on the superspreader is to take the blame away from chinese people, every other post I see on twitter is about racism on the rise in uk due to coronavirus. I think the virus is here and was carried over by the 2000 missing wuhanians, once the gov confirm an outbreak there will be alot less racism if it was brought here by a caucasian Male buisnessman compared to a chinese student.
Sorry if this is considered racist i will remove if people take offence

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: ARM1968
Singapore - you do the searching.

No thanks, I'm not the proponent of the claim.

Like I say, very stupid to be so dismissive.

Dismissive of... what, lack of evidence of something to be fearful of?

Equally dumb to suggest something else released in Wuhan.

Well, this is a Conspiracy website, right?

But seriously - how else do you explain the massive disconnect in the numbers WuHan/mainland China vs the rest of the world?

However, could you provide a link to back up your assertion?

Nope, because it is not an assertion, it is simply an unsubstantiated theory, and I never suggested it was anything other than that.

Ahh, an unsubstantiated theory. I see. That’s ok then.

Here’s a substantiated one. ICU patients in Singapore

ICU

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
"a reply to: Bicent
THIS post needs more attention. Even using the fake CCP numbers, entertain the following:

In the 3 to 5 months this thing has been in the wild:

You're contradicting yourself. In a comment of yours just a few before this one, you said it had been "in the wild" since mid-December or early December. That would be about 2 and a half months. So, which is it? 2 and half months or 3 to 5 months? It can't be both, logically. I think you're making your figures up and trying to spread misinformation. Isn't that your definition of what others are doing on here? So, how are you any better? All I'm doing is pointing out inconsistencies, not claiming it's a "nothing burger" or the "apocalypse."
edit on 12-2-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Finally got the coding right.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

a reply to: pasiphae

“A British man at the center of the transmissions is believed to have contracted the coronavirus while attending a conference in Singapore, before flying to Geneva on Jan. 24, and from there the village, where he shared lodgings with a group of fellow Britons.

The man then returned to Britain on Jan. 28 on an easyJet flight, the budget airline confirmed in an emailed statement. He is among the eight people in Britain who have tested positive for the virus
The man then returned to Britain on Jan. 28 on an easyJet flight, the budget airline confirmed in an emailed statement. He is among the eight people in Britain who have tested positive for the virus.

EasyJet said in an emailed statement that it had been notified by the public health authorities that a customer who had recently traveled on flight EZS8481 from Geneva to London Gatwick on Jan. 28 had since received a coronavirus diagnosis.

Public Health England’s medical director, said in a statement that all of the new cases announced on Monday were “closely linked to one another.”

A 9-year-old boy was among the British people who contracted the virus in the ski village. boldened by me

Six other British people staying in the chalet have all tested negative for the virus, according to the head of France’s national health agency

The French health authorities said they were still in the process of determining exactly how many people were staying in the chalet and who may have come into contact with those carrying the coronavirus.

Ms. Buzyn, the health minister, visited the ski resort on Sunday.

“It is important to reassure the people of this village,” she said. “We have to tell them that there is no risk when you meet people on the street, it’s not the same as being in contact with an infected person.”

“It’s about close, sustained, face-to-face or physical contact,” - boldened by me

A crisis unit has been opened in Les Contamines-Montjoie, where testing is underway to determine if there are further cases of the coronavirus.

On Sunday night, Mr. Salomon, the head of the national health agency, announced that results from 21 samples had all tested negative and that 25 others were still being analyzed.

edit on 12-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Doh

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

Seen it happening here to, but I agree on the reasoning there

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wow, 300 pages and so many useful comments and information amongst the bickering.

No update from me, but a thought popped into my head. Where are the aliens when you need them? Could this force them out of hiding to help humanity? Or, will they bug out and nuke earth from space? Humanity failed, on to terraform somewhere else.

I know it's drivel, but after 300 pages I needed to vent some angst by looking at the subject from an alternate perspective, and it's in keeping with ATS tradition.

Sorry for the intrusion. Is it nearly time for a part III thread? Stay safe everyone!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hold up am I reading this correctly Just checked BNO and the number of says ???

never mind my phone was jumbling numbers together it looked like 44 million lol
edit on 2/12/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: WattBWong
Well said Power_Semi. tennisdawg's posts suggests s/he's a typical self-aggrandising fantasist. No disrespect intended, but the cryptic and teasing posts aren't helpful - not in an 'update' thread.

originally posted by: JSpader
Tennis, any material movement by elements of Federal ?????

Actually, this is a very good question...

Would be interesting to start hearing reports from those in the know about any federal military equipment and/or troop movements that seem out of the ordinary.

I agree with you guys on this. I was not involved in the phase 1 (air force base) quarantines. I was involved in secondary and tertiary locations (not operated by the military) aka Phase 2 and Phase 3. I am sure there are numerous people on the website that can speak to the happenings at those bases in Phase 1. If this situation gets to the the locations in Phase 2 and 3, then their will be no hiding those projects from the media or public.

More info on the above. Phase 1 plans for the air bases have been thought about for decades, and updated yearly. Phase 2 and 3 locations are rarely looked at or studied seriously. They involve private or commercial buildings, structures, islands, barges, etc. Eminent domain would be stretched to the limit to get some of these properties for emergency use.

I was asked to look at a Phase 4 situation, but if you review the math I have posted about the possible infection rate, you will understand the following:

We were unable to plan for a phase 4. It was eventually labeled as Phase X in my study because all societal norms and services will have broken down by this point. There were no templates for what would happen, and I could not even begin to guess the outcomes.

You initially said you're a consultant who was asked to help design a quarantine facility.

Now you're talking about "phas x, y, and z" and how "we" were not able to plan for phase 4 - sorry, I thought you were a consultant involved in building projects, not a virologist, or strategist, or projectionist who was helping to shape policy.

In between you've been intimating your "secret sources" from around the world who are giving you "top secret information" that they want to "get out" because they're "good guys".

Well I'm sorry but if you are a contractor involved in govt contracts then you'd be involved in that aspeact and only that aspect.

Even if you were involved in that it wouldn't give you access to some "secret underground network" of - well essentially "spies and whistleblowers".

AND even if you did have access to such people - why would they be giving YOU "unsolicited information" that they want to "get out there"?

YOU know you post on a mediocre conspiracy website - they don't - so why would they choose to come to YOU of all people with these pearls of wisdom and secret insights "to let the public know"?

When you consider that with your inane drivel about "alphabet agencies watching this thread (why - what do they care how a load of people speculate on this)", and your idiotic claims that "the higher ups know you're posting here but are turning a blind eye" or whatever, along with the even more idiotic claim that you did some work for the govt and got paid in less than 3 months.

Well, you're frankly full of it.

And fortunately your ramblings have gone from claims to predictions - your super secret sources have told you to watch Brighton in the UK because of dangerous mutations of the virus, and the whole of the UK is out of control and that's that - so in the next 2 days (your timeframe, not mine) then we'll all be able to see you're either full of it, or who you say you are.

Personally I belive the former rather than the latter.

And PS - I do believe this is really, really bad, worse than most people can comprehend, but I'm not buying what you're selling.

EDIT - From "tennis dawg (yes, a really solid high brow name) - "We were unable to plan for a phase 4. It was eventually labeled as Phase X in my study because all societal norms and services will have broken down by this point."

Govt: "We want you mr contractor to help design a quarantine facility of this size, to house this many people"

Tennis Dawg "Sorry I can't do that because our projections show all societal norms and services will have broken down by this point. Here's my bill".

Govt: "WOW - thanks for nothing Tennis Dawg. We'll have that paid by the end of the week. By the way, if you want to post lots of "secret information" all over ATS that's okay by us - because were the "good guys" and we "want the public to know this armageddon scenario you've worked out for us. You're the Dawg! Tennis"

I am getting hammered by negative posts today. What's the weather like in Beijing today, Mr. Wong?

Declare something unknown, tangible and proveable.

Otherwise all you have is hot air and fluff.

I have decided to remove myself from this thread for a while. My posts are creating too many off topic replies, and junking up a good information source. Good luck out there everyone.

Come on man, don’t be like that. Stay please.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wow, 300 pages and so many useful comments and information amongst the bickering.

No update from me, but a thought popped into my head. Where are the aliens when you need them? Could this force them out of hiding to help humanity? Or, will they bug out and nuke earth from space? Humanity failed, on to terraform somewhere else.

I know it's drivel, but after 300 pages I needed to vent some angst by looking at the subject from an alternate perspective, and it's in keeping with ATS tradition.

Sorry for the intrusion. Is it nearly time for a part III thread? Stay safe everyone!

Oh Lord.

We go from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Maybe they're going to take you up Uranus, and the lizard people are imune to to the coronavirus and it's revenge against the Chinese for eating their offspring.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WattBWong
Well said Power_Semi. tennisdawg's posts suggests s/he's a typical self-aggrandising fantasist. No disrespect intended, but the cryptic and teasing posts aren't helpful - not in an 'update' thread.

Tennis, any material movement by elements of Federal ?????

Actually, this is a very good question...

Would be interesting to start hearing reports from those in the know about any federal military equipment and/or troop movements that seem out of the ordinary.

I agree with you guys on this. I was not involved in the phase 1 (air force base) quarantines. I was involved in secondary and tertiary locations (not operated by the military) aka Phase 2 and Phase 3. I am sure there are numerous people on the website that can speak to the happenings at those bases in Phase 1. If this situation gets to the the locations in Phase 2 and 3, then their will be no hiding those projects from the media or public.

More info on the above. Phase 1 plans for the air bases have been thought about for decades, and updated yearly. Phase 2 and 3 locations are rarely looked at or studied seriously. They involve private or commercial buildings, structures, islands, barges, etc. Eminent domain would be stretched to the limit to get some of these properties for emergency use.

I was asked to look at a Phase 4 situation, but if you review the math I have posted about the possible infection rate, you will understand the following:

We were unable to plan for a phase 4. It was eventually labeled as Phase X in my study because all societal norms and services will have broken down by this point. There were no templates for what would happen, and I could not even begin to guess the outcomes.

You initially said you're a consultant who was asked to help design a quarantine facility.

Now you're talking about "phas x, y, and z" and how "we" were not able to plan for phase 4 - sorry, I thought you were a consultant involved in building projects, not a virologist, or strategist, or projectionist who was helping to shape policy.

In between you've been intimating your "secret sources" from around the world who are giving you "top secret information" that they want to "get out" because they're "good guys".

Well I'm sorry but if you are a contractor involved in govt contracts then you'd be involved in that aspeact and only that aspect.

Even if you were involved in that it wouldn't give you access to some "secret underground network" of - well essentially "spies and whistleblowers".

AND even if you did have access to such people - why would they be giving YOU "unsolicited information" that they want to "get out there"?

YOU know you post on a mediocre conspiracy website - they don't - so why would they choose to come to YOU of all people with these pearls of wisdom and secret insights "to let the public know"?

When you consider that with your inane drivel about "alphabet agencies watching this thread (why - what do they care how a load of people speculate on this)", and your idiotic claims that "the higher ups know you're posting here but are turning a blind eye" or whatever, along with the even more idiotic claim that you did some work for the govt and got paid in less than 3 months.

Well, you're frankly full of it.

And fortunately your ramblings have gone from claims to predictions - your super secret sources have told you to watch Brighton in the UK because of dangerous mutations of the virus, and the whole of the UK is out of control and that's that - so in the next 2 days (your timeframe, not mine) then we'll all be able to see you're either full of it, or who you say you are.

Personally I belive the former rather than the latter.

And PS - I do believe this is really, really bad, worse than most people can comprehend, but I'm not buying what you're selling.

EDIT - From "tennis dawg (yes, a really solid high brow name) - "We were unable to plan for a phase 4. It was eventually labeled as Phase X in my study because all societal norms and services will have broken down by this point."

Govt: "We want you mr contractor to help design a quarantine facility of this size, to house this many people"

Tennis Dawg "Sorry I can't do that because our projections show all societal norms and services will have broken down by this point. Here's my bill".

Govt: "WOW - thanks for nothing Tennis Dawg. We'll have that paid by the end of the week. By the way, if you want to post lots of "secret information" all over ATS that's okay by us - because were the "good guys" and we "want the public to know this armageddon scenario you've worked out for us. You're the Dawg! Tennis"

I am getting hammered by negative posts today. What's the weather like in Beijing today, Mr. Wong?

Declare something unknown, tangible and proveable.

Otherwise all you have is hot air and fluff.

I have decided to remove myself from this thread for a while. My posts are creating too many off topic replies, and junking up a good information source. Good luck out there everyone.

Come on man, don’t be like that. Stay please.

No don't - we need facts not fairy stories to buff up some losers ego.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

no its 44,653 cases and 1,113 deaths

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Husband's company had the Chinese in and he was part of the group that took them around socially in late December, and then stuff started going around the company. He brought that stuff home. We've all three had what felt like a severe cold. Mild sore throat, bit of a cough, something hanging out in your chest, almost chills and fever but not really, lot of fatigue, all that lasted for about two to four days. The worst was the chest feeling, and it lingered the longest for almost two weeks or more.

But no one got ill enough we ever felt like we needed the doctor for anything. It was just annoying and sapping. If that was it, who knows how many got it from us because no one stopped anything. I think at most I cancelled a PT appointment.

UGH!!!!!!!!! Those symptoms mirror mine just add severe daily head aches and for the past 3 days nausea and diarrhea. Ive seen my GP twice over this mess that I cant shake it lose. He gave me Cefdinir which I think caused the nausea and diarrhea even so its not supposed to but who knows. The lungs are the worst though they are so heavy and have a burning feeling just like the last time I had pneumonia.

top topics

<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join