It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 295
<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yesterday Georgia had 200 on self isolation. Today It's LA

Mekahlo Medina

Coronavirus update: More deaths overnight in China and Los Angeles county telling more than 1000 people to self-quarantine after travelling to China recently; TODAYinLA on Channel 4

NBCLA

Honestly there are probably a ton of places like this we aren't hearing about...

-----------
The virus itself doesn't worry me....people and the economic impact are what I'm worried about. I can only imagine the tightrope act between informing the public but, not trying to cause mass panic.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Looks like their on here already tbh
edit on 12-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Spelling

link   

originally posted by: Necrose
a reply to: Wookiep
It's alright, I'm used to being an outcast.
Anyhow, I never said I believed China or their official numbers, if I did, please quote me.

I was actually going to defend you on this point, but didn't have time to try to go back and check all of your posts.

I have never seen you suggest any such thing.

I have said multiple times that I agree that the CCP's numbers are likely totally bogus, and that this appears to be an extremely bad thing happening in China to the Chinese.

I'm simply pointing out that it doesn't appear, by all of the evidence we have to date, to be a serious or even moderate threat to the US, or most of the rest of the world. There may be some exceptions to this - Japan seems to be having problems, and places like India could have real problems (I've spent weeks there in Mumbai, and the poverty, misery, and pollution/lack of good hygiene makes it an extremely bad place for something like this to get loose.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Keep posting and ignore the trolls

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

U.K. raise threat level to moderate, so it’s at least “moderate threat” and climbing.
“ The risk to the UK public posed by the new coronavirus has been raised from low to moderate by chief medical officers, ”

news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
a reply to: doggodlol

The who are a great band

youtu.be...

You're darn right they are! It's about time somebody pointed that out! Thank you!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
www3.gobiernodecanarias.org...

The German dude that tested positive with the virus has now been quarantined for more than 14 days, he is going to stay there until they confirm the virus is no longer present in his body by using the test kits.

More than two weeks and the virus is still in his bloodstream.

But he has absolutely no symptoms (stopped showing them shortly after being quarantine and some treatment), and he didn't manage to infect anybody he traveled with (so that means he isn't a super spreader).

Starting to think this is indeed something that was either engineered or that maybe came to be naturally to only target people with maybe too many ACE2 receptors, with people without that condition (or race, who knows), being nothing but hosts unable to feel or be badly damaged by the virus?

The guy is white and air quality in the island has been HELL these last weeks due to the sandstorms, which brings enough particles to make air quality drip from 20-30 to around 170 in terms of Particles in Air indexes.

190 is about the same amount of pollution you have on Hubei all year long.

Does anybody know if short periods of very bad air quality can affect the amount of ACE2 receptors, or does it need to be all-year-long like it is in China? That could help rule out air pollution as the reason behind China's apocalyptic situation at the moment.

Also, not to mention that he spent most of his days on the terrace, and all of them with the windows open, so he was exposed to various levels of sand (like 99% of us, only people with respiratory problems require to either stay inside or use a mask).
edit on 12-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28

U.K. raise threat level to moderate, so it’s at least “moderate threat” and climbing.
“ The risk to the UK public posed by the new coronavirus has been raised from low to moderate by chief medical officers, ”

news.sky.com...

Yes, but...

although they stress the risk to individuals remains low.

It's probably a case where they want people to be aware of the virus and take appropriate precautions, but don't want people to freak out about it.
edit on 12-2-2020 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

a reply to: tennisdawg

Keep posting and ignore the trolls

I don't know man, you look like a troll to me to, to be fair. It's you and your posse that attack everyone who doesn't necessarily think this is the end of the world or the "Spanish Flu 2.0".

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
As in not even quite two months?

No. It has been in the wild since at least December, if not November or even October (many reports suggest this is when it started).

So, no, not 2 months, at least 3, if not 4 or 5.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: logicsoda

Lol, yea, can’t raise it to moderate and still have “low risk” tbh there’s a lot of bs and saying outright “it’s not even moderate threat” simply isn’t true when even the government has raised the threat level, the “risk” bit is very specifically referencing induviduals which I find strange tbh

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

news.sky.com...

Yes, but...

although they stress the risk to individuals remains low.

It's probably a case where they want people to be aware of the virus and take appropriate precautions, but don't want people to freak out about it.

Nobody is freaking out though, just doomsday believers here and on Twitter. Open instagram and check casual models' accounts and your friends' accounts. 99.999999% of people (common folk) were freaking out 1000000x more about Australian bushfires than this.
edit on 12-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Are you saying for me to stop posting?

No, I'm suggesting you might want to stop spreading nonsense.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Linky?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: logicsoda

Lol, yea, can’t raise it to moderate and still have “low risk” tbh there’s a lot of bs and saying outright “it’s not even moderate threat” simply isn’t true when even the government has raised the threat level, the “risk” bit is very specifically referencing induviduals which I find strange tbh

Threat and risk are not the same thing.

Threat: Natural or man-made occurrence, individual, entity, or action that has or indicates the potential to harm life, information, operations, the environment and/or property.

Risk: Potential for an unwanted outcome resulting from an incident, event, or occurrence, as determined by its likelihood and the associated consequences.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No there have been two, but both of them were Chinese nationals.

I know, I've pointed that out multiple times, but since they were both chinese nationals who recently traveled from WuHan to where they got sick and died, their deaths logically should be included as inside China (regardless of the fact of where they were when they happened to die).

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I dont post anything without a link, if someone proves me wrong or debunks something I post I delete my post so not to spread misinformation, go back and check if you really want

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are no racial or gender differences with ACE-2 according to studies. The one that supposedly found that was using a very limited sample.

The geographic distribution of the ACE II genotype: a novel finding

This paper contains a meta-analysis of 145 studies and 49 959 subjects. There are clear trends of ACE2 proportions amongst geographic locations.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: JSpader
Tennis, any material movement by elements of Federal ?????

Actually, this is a very good question...

Would be interesting to start hearing reports from those in the know about any federal military equipment and/or troop movements that seem out of the ordinary.

I agree with you guys on this. I was not involved in the phase 1 (air force base) quarantines. I was involved in secondary and tertiary locations (not operated by the military) aka Phase 2 and Phase 3. I am sure there are numerous people on the website that can speak to the happenings at those bases in Phase 1. If this situation gets to the the locations in Phase 2 and 3, then their will be no hiding those projects from the media or public.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I dont post anything without a link, if someone proves me wrong or debunks something I post I delete my post so not to spread misinformation, go back and check if you really want

Don't delete your posts. Just edit and add "DEBUNKED".

top topics

<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join