It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

Dailymail 🤦🏽‍♂️, but even if true he’s only been in quarantine for a couple days!, would not want to be him walking around right now if that’s true!

I’ve had a quick scan of other news for him, dailymail seems to be the only one with that story that I can see from here( doesn’t make it untrue but the dailymail is known to make stuff up for sensationalizium!)
edit on 12-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
a reply to: ketsuko

That is only right if our understanding is correct about mortality rate and incubation time. Incubation time could be upto 24 days now, global times on twitter saying it 42 days so who really knows.

I'll see your GlobalTimes tweet and raise one NannyTimes - tweet just said the incubation time is now 365 days! Everyone should immediately disconnect from the Matrix until this epidemic is past, or you're a total goner!

Stop it. Just, please...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Not 100% sure I believe majority were

www.google.co.uk...
If you scroll down there’s some info on more trafficked as well
edit on 12-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
For those that say we should be seeing large numbers now I will try to explain why this would not be evident yet.

Take for (a very rough) example UK

As of 24th of Jan, they were trying to trace 2000 travellers from Wuhan.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Lets say just 0.5% were infected.

Ummm... you spent a lot of time explaining something based on an arbitrary date of Jan 24th. Why? As I said, and I'll repeat...

This has been in the wild for months, since at least early to mid December, if not as early as a month or even two (October) earlier.

So your timeline is totally bogus.

Sorry you didn't like my example. Though I did say it was very rough, you seem under some illusion that 1 person being infected on one side of the world, means exponential growth immediately on the other side of the world. No incubation, faster than light travel, not even time to take a crap.

I gave a source for an estimate of infected in UK as of 24th of Jan. It was just a very rough demonstration of how confirmed cases will not reflect actual number of infected. If it needs further explanation than that, I'm afraid I'm not the one to explain it to you.
edit on 12-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
here is a John //Hopkins Dashboard graphic the follows the COVID-19 outbreak, it seems dated but says it is current

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

this was a hyperlink page on another article content, found on the Steve Quayle hot-news list

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Bicent
So most Americans like 70% work paycheck to paycheck the working class. The severity of the wuhu flu, is not dying but getting sick for what looks like if serious pneumonia about a month.

Actually, so far, it appears that most people do not even exhibit any symptoms.

Being forced into quarantine is not the same as 'getting serious pneumonia for a month'.

If you have evidence that most, or even some of the people here in the States, or in the UK, or elsewhere - not native Chinese from China, Americans, Brits, or whatever - then by all means, provide it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I was at my house md earlier today and asked him about the virus.

He said a lot of things, but basically what it came down to is that they don't know more then the rest of us... but, in the latest info they received the numbers suggest that this virus is now slightly deadlier then the common flu.(did we see those statistics here?) And since it's known that people with a good immune system hardly get sick from it, or don't even get sick at all.... boosting your immune system is always a good thing.

He said it's good to be aware of the virus and the spread, but until people from all age groups start dying in all parts of the world, just stay alert and leave it with that because stress affects the immune system more then you think. Saying anything else would be pure speculation right now.

he also said that here in Europe we are ready to do door to door testing so should we ever suspect that we are infected it only takes one call to him and someone will come to our house with a test kit (didn't know Europe had a plan like this?)

Needles to say that I do trust my own house md

(didn't know where to post this so I'll just leave it right here....)
edit on 12-2-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
"a reply to: Bicent
THIS post needs more attention. Even using the fake CCP numbers, entertain the following:

No, thanks. Why?

Because everything you posted relies solely on the numbers - fake or not - from the CCP.

How about using the numbers, the more reliable ones, we have from all of the countries outside Chine, and not controlled by the CCP?

Why not do that? Because it doesn't feed the fear-mongering some of you seem to be enjoying so much.

Try these numbers instead:

In the 3 to 5 months this thing has been in the wild:

ZERO deaths of non native Chinese outside China. NONE.

Very few reports (I haven't seen any myself, if you have, by all means, post them) of any serious illnesses of any non-native Chinese outside of China, let alone substantial numbers.

But, no, that doesn't feed the narrative.

Carry on fear-mongering.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Morning update:

2 Places worth watching today....

Brighton, UK

Houston, Texas

I have already talked about Brighton, so here is what I know about Houston. Apparently, 2 confirmed cases are thought to be in Houston after they flew from Atlanta to New Orleans and then drove to Houston. They are either going to turn up in a hospital, or they are fleeing south of Houston. No information on when they flew into Atlanta, or from what country.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Possibly. Can't remember and no time to do a search.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: ketsuko
Coupled with the update that we can now prepare to see the slight extension of cases revealed as it went from roughly 14-day to 24-day?

That is highly questionable data, please stop repeating it as if it were established fact.

FamCore and I both put up the MedCram vide yesterday where he walked through how you get a 24-day incubation.

Basically, someone gets a known exposure and they are so many days into their incubation and testing negative and then at some point, they encounter a second exposure (or infection) which starts a second incubation period. But, since the people doing the testing don't know about the second encounter, they count the first one as the point of infection when the incubation runs long. So that's how you get a 24 day incubation, and it produces an outlier even though if you counted both exposures if you knew them, both might be within the 14-day period.

This is something that apparently happens not uncommonly with viral outbreaks. They've seen it with Ebola, for example.

He said what you needed to consider as more useful from the same study that produced the 24-day incubation outlier is that the median time of incubation in that same study was 3 days meaning they *still* had enough people showing symptoms sooner than 3 days to balance out the effect of that one 24-day outlier. Chew on that!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Idiots.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well this sucks, the suburb I'm in is Southeast of Houston.

I sure hope you're larping because if you're not, things are about to get hairy around my neck of the woods.

Member ATSAlex had mentioned a rumored case at a hospital in Houston but never answered which one, still would like to know the answer to that question.
edit on 12-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle

he also said that here in Europe we are ready to do door to door testing so should we ever suspect that we are infected it only takes one call to him and someone will come to our house with a test kit (didn't know Europe had a plan like this?)

Depends on the country I think. In Spain, specifically Canary Islands, since there are test kits in the main islands (Tenerife, Gran Canaria), you can be checked, but your blood has to be sent there. Dunno if the doctor goes to your door or you gotta wait for an ambulance in order to get your blood extracted, but there is indeed a hotline for contacting medics if you believe you have the virus (or to simply ask questions about it).

The hotline has only been contacted 14 times, by the way, and that was during the first days we had the German tourists quarantined, so at least it seems like people are not too concerned about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Are you the new moderator.... just curious

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I have a question though, do you think the possibility exists that they might be tooling with you now as a means to spread wild theories in order to discredit the situation? I only ask because it appears someone knows you are posting here now.

I was thinking something similar.

For one who initially was extremely hesitant to post much in t he way of details about even some plans he supposedly worked on, he is now freely posting extremely detailed doomsday scenario material from his now rock solid sources.

Especially sine all of the numbers he is basing his scenarios on are the CCPs numbers after extrapolation based on the assumption they are grossly under-reporting.

And totally ignores the fact that the numbers outside China for non native Chinese just ... aren't there.

I call pure, unadulterated BS on tennisdawg at this point in time.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

Are you the new moderator.... just curious

No, he's taking a far less alarmist tactic than many on here are, and I don't fully disagree with him. There are too many people on here wanting to think this is the next Black Death and will kill 1/3 or more of all of us.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
a reply to: Gargoyle91
most common colds do why you need jabs

Eh? Jabs? Who gets 'jabs' for colds?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I must emphasize that's only my personal opinion, I'm not a virulogist neither a doctor, and always sharing a kind feeling of sympathy towards all my Chinese friends and colleagues, but as a western living in Europe, all of this Corona, Covid, whatever it calls, for a couple of days that this thing really started to vanish and diminish in my worries list... I just can't see anymore any huge threat to us like it was some days ago... But as I said my pov.. Peace, AD

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Where do you get 3 to 5 months from?

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join