It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 285
<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I don't agree with tanstaafl. We don't have anywhere near the correct numbers from CCP to determine if it's a pandemic.

I personally think it is.

I also am about 100% convinced US Gov't is hiding the true numbers here stateside. I have reasons outside of what I read on this thread to make me believe this.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Could it be the air temperatures, these things seem to occur around a GSM, and they are getting some record cold over that way at the moment.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

The CCP already refused Americans to be on the WHO team itself.

The WHO team arrived, but nowhere can I find where there are Americans on the team, in fact VOA (link below) says it's unclear if there are Americans on the team now.

VOA

This is all I will say for the moment. There is a reason for me not saying more.

I had mentioned this earlier but feel it fits with your post now. The WHO and China took two weeks to agree on the composition of the WHO team, which is now lead by a Canadian. This is after the initial visit. That length of time in an urgent situation suggests to me that there was much back and forth about who would be allowed in.

But it has taken nearly two weeks to get the government's green light on its composition, which was not announced, other than to say that WHO veteran Dr. Bruce Aylward, a Canadian epidemiologist and emergencies expert, was heading it.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Problem being if it was doing here what it was doing in China, they couldn't hide that. There would be widespread and sustained outbreaks unless it's not as severe here as it there in terms of its effects.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

That alone tells me they aren't serious.

Whatever is going on, it doesn't actually have them scared yet.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think it has gotten out. We have cases in other countries, and on cruise ships, I have some ideas on why we are not hearing about a higher compilation of cases developing is they are not reporting it. Why would governments do that? To prevent a number of negative things. The mortality rate thou is the biggest 🤔 I have we have enough people infected out of China now, to analyze the mortality rate. I know allot of people on that cruise ship in Japan are in serious or critical condition, sadly we may be able to see how that pans out. It’s concerning because the moment I think it’s no big deal, something will happen..

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I think it may be more likely to do with China's air pollution and the effects it has on the lungs. It may have to do with their plumbing and sanitation practices in their apartment buildings. Barring people into their closely packed buildings with the plumbing that allows for infection spread in that way ...

I don't know.

But I do know the things we're seeing don't match what we've seen in the rest of the world.

Something doesn't add up and it bothers me.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

At the point in time when we were carrying about 100 to 150 known cases worldwide, we had roughly two deaths in those cases. That carries with the known mortality of about 2%.

It also seems that most of the people who get this seem to be able to survive it on their own without necessarily needing medical support. In many cases the medical support was more for the purposes of attempting to contain the spread than it was for the patient in question.

It seems that many cases develop a form of walking pneumonia with this.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Q: Does CDC recommend the use of facemask in the community to prevent 2019-nCoV?

A: CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory viruses, including 2019-nCoV. You should only wear a mask if a healthcare professional recommends it. A facemask should be used by people who have been exposed to 2019-nCoV and are showing symptoms of 2019 novel coronavirus. This is to protect others from the risk of getting infected. The use of facemasks also is crucial for health workers and other people who are taking care of someone infected with 2019-nCov in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That alone tells me they aren't serious.

Whatever is going on, it doesn't actually have them scared yet.

From my limited understanding, the WHO can’t enter a country unless invited. China is clearly taking this seriously. What the two weeks to determine the team’s composition with China means to me is that China may have been adamant that Americans were not permitted to come, because they don’t trust them at the moment. (All, I am not saying this is right or wrong so don’t shoot me)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

If you are serious about wanting this thing investigated, you want it done yesterday, not two weeks from now as soon as all the politics can be taken care of. If this were truly armageddon, things would happen like hospitals get built.

And that's quite aside from who went on the team. You'd demand the best, and you'd want them yesterday.

edit on 11-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you are serious about wanting this thing investigated, you want it done yesterday, not two weeks from now as soon as all the politics can be taken care of. If this were truly armageddon, things would happen like hospitals get built.

And that's quite aside from who went on the team. You'd demand the best, and you'd want them yesterday.

We can agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well I think China, will be letting the cat out of the bag next week, when the infected numbers they reveal according to the current trend will become negative. I personally think that this is going to be some new illness, a severe cold that can be fatal, and will get you very sick, looking at the data, seems to be more fatal for those elderly etc. the scary part would be mass infections all at once but as we have illustrated we are not seeing a massive contraction of the illness outside of China. If this remains the case, the probability of this OCCURING seems low, and is literally a anomaly in the data, and that presents missing information as you pointed out.

Possibly more than one strand of the virus, or something else, initially virus makes you sick you recover and something else happens or something to do with the environment and or current health of human beings infected. There are allot of variables each day that passes it hopefully will get better to decipher and understand better.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Going back to this is airborne
has anyone considered passing gas as a mode of spread?
i mean iv'e had Chinese many times and i tell ya
Also,given this can last for 15 days or so on surfaces,does this include things like hair? furr? does this mean the virus has a chance to 'dry' out and become airborne from surfaces from the wind/ air pressure,doors?
Jumping to conclusions here but If it's ON everything i'm afraid i don't see us having much chance avoiding,unless full PPE and strict decon is followed several times per day.

edit on 11-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There is a medication that seems to cure Coronavirus and it was used on the coronavirus patient in Seattle. 24 hours after they administered the experimental antiviral medication he was feeling better and released from the hospital shortly thereafter. Why no one is talking about this. I have no idea. Link:
www.spokesman.com...
I cannot find these specific article video but there was an interview with the doctor who administered this medication and he said in the interview that twenty-four hours later almost all of his symptoms were gone.
reply to: texasgirl

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: kwakakev

I don't agree with tanstaafl. We don't have anywhere near the correct numbers from CCP to determine if it's a pandemic.

I personally think it is.

I also am about 100% convinced US Gov't is hiding the true numbers here stateside. I have reasons outside of what I read on this thread to make me believe this.

My understanding is the numbers are only part of the definition in determining or declaring an outbreak a Pandemic. The outbreak also has to be on Two or more continents or very large region, not just a single country.
Am I wrong?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: kwakakev
We are still in the early and growth stages of this pandemic, now is the time to get ready. As for the only cure, a time machine.

No. We. Are. Not.

Again...

It has been in the wild for months.

We should be seeing thousands of cases of infected, and at least some number of deaths, in most every country.

We are not.

As in not even quite two months? It took a while for it to get feet in China. Once it did, it exploded. The first case in the U.S. has been 3 weeks. Same with most other countries. They still have a few weeks to go, to hit about the point where it was out of control in China. So I think we still have some waiting to do.

Maybe it won't get so out of control, but so far, flippant control measures don't give me great hope.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Going back to this is airborne
has anyone considered passing gas as a mode of spread?
i mean iv'e had Chinese many times and i tell ya
Also,given this can last for 15 days or so on surfaces,does this include things like hair? furr? does this mean the virus has a chance to 'dry' out and become airborne from surfaces from the wind/ air pressure,doors?
If it's ON everything i'm afraid i don't see us having much chance avoiding,unless full PPE and strict decon is followed several times per day.

It’s a respiratory infection not a colon or intestinal infection
For influenza the most effective mode to prevent infection is proper hand hygiene. You may encounter viral particles daily, don’t stuff your dirty hands in your mouth
edit on 11-2-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

look like it's more then that .. diarrhoea is sh_ty to

multimedia.scmp.com...
edit on 11-2-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I know allot of people on that cruise ship in Japan are in serious or critical condition,

Correct me if I'm wrong but, only four of the infected are classified as serious/critical

new topics

top topics

<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join