It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 278
<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

It has been in the wild for months. If it was anywhere near as serious - for the rest of the world - we'd be seeing dozens of deaths worldwide of non native Chinese, but as it is, not even any serious cases.

šŸ”„ Coronavirus Pandemic: The ONLY Way To CURE The Corona Virus Pandemic Spread Across The Globe!

This video explains quite well the reason for the lag we are seeing between news cases, those infected and those that recover or pass away. It describes why it took time for all the chaos to occur at the Wuhan hospitals a week or two ago and why it is going to take some more time for a similar situation of overwhelming patients to affect other hospitals around the world.

We are still in the early and growth stages of this pandemic, now is the time to get ready. As for the only cure, a time machine.
edit on 11-2-2020 by kwakakev because: added last sentence

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

can we extrapolate data out of this based on that information and expand it to whats happening in Wuhan?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: MaverickLRD

why wouldn't they test everyone all at once? what is the reasoning for not doing so?

The Japanese health minister made the decision not to. Unknown as to why. I suspect they want to keep test kits for their local population

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FOUR

Wow I only predicted a rise to 140/160 for today

Ok thatā€™s huge leap, but Iā€™m sticking to my bet... still... itā€™s going to get much higher yet

Based on the fact it is highly transmissible, contagious, airborne, aerosolised and itā€™s long incubation period, and the fact they quarantined people on the tin can, with people who were likely just not symptomatic

Essentially making it a gas chamber

Half that ship could be infected or as much as 70%

One thing I didnā€™t look into was how long was it at sea for since it left port?

DO YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT THEY'VE ONLY "TESTED" SO MANY, THEY HAVE NOT TESTED ALL PASSENGERS YET.
I DON'T THE % OF THE PASSENGERS THAT WAS TESTED ON THIS UPDATE, IT COULD BE EVEN 100% TESTED, TESTED POSITIVE
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

They also seem very resistant to actually test 100% of passengers. With infection numbers on board rising itā€™s foolish not to at this point imo

It may just be the lab that its being sent to. I know at the medical hospital, blood test are computerized and results are available within 2 hours. This also includes known infectious diseases, but the corona virus, not sure if the lab / computer is set up for that yet. Could be the reason and I think they want to keep the blood samples fresh?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
www.xinhuanet.com...

Comprehensive investigation of Huanggang in Hubei found 13,000 fever patients

what does that mean?

It means it's a word salad to cover up real cases. Just like I said, lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ok thatā€™s huge leap, but Iā€™m sticking to my bet... still... itā€™s going to get much higher yet

Based on the fact it is highly transmissible, contagious, airborne, aerosolised and itā€™s long incubation period, and the fact they quarantined people on the tin can, with people who were likely just not symptomatic

One thing I didnā€™t look into was how long was it at sea for since it left port?

DO YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT THEY'VE ONLY "TESTED" SO MANY, THEY HAVE NOT TESTED ALL PASSENGERS YET.
I DON'T THE % OF THE PASSENGERS THAT WAS TESTED ON THIS UPDATE, IT COULD BE EVEN 100% TESTED, TESTED POSITIVE

They also seem very resistant to actually test 100% of passengers. With infection numbers on board rising itā€™s foolish not to at this point imo

It may just be the lab that its being sent to. I know at the medical hospital, blood test are computerized and results are available within 2 hours. This also includes known infectious diseases, but the corona virus, not sure if the lab / computer is set up for that yet. Could be the reason and I think they want to keep the blood samples fresh?

Itā€™s easy enough to build a new test into the LIS. I donā€™t think that theyā€™ve actually even collected samples from all parties on board. I get the feeling they didnā€™t find it necessary early on in the infection numbers

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The incubation period is what makes this virus lethal. Each carrier infected without symptoms can just keep on spreading. Each person sick can last a week or more till fever breaks. Already have doctors getting sick and dying. A mask is just not good enough. Just so happens to be a level 4 bio lab in Wuhan and what are they cooking up down there? If that is where it came from then they are in some deep sh!t and infected themselves. No wonder they want to lie and keep it secret. How does a virus like that get out of lvl 4? Obviously a major failure in protocols.

In a way I am not surprised. I have been in lvl 3 and 4 containment area's and my duty was to enforce the protocols and constantly made sure that the equipment was tested, logged, tagged, bagged etc. A lot of the workers were foreigner Asian and I was constantly busting them for not following protocol. Even the "Smart" ones educated & schooled with degrees working in the labs still consciously breaking rules. Maybe 1-2 Caucasian American's might have accidentally done something wrong the entire time I was working there. That's what I saw from my observation anyway. I had one guy run past me in clothes not even suited up and then try to come back out because he forgot like a wallet or something. You can guess what happen to that guy. They just hated having to gown up I guess, they picked the wrong field to be in if that is the case. That guy was fired for sure and ID revoked. Never seen him working there again. I am sure my reports had a lot to do with it
I had to that was my job.

Usually everything is running normal. However, there is those times the crazy train goes off the rail and you got yellow, blue, red, white flashers and sirens going off all over the place and I got to run and fully suit up, full face mask with vox, air tank, whole 9 yards. There is chemicals and gasses stuff in there that will happily kill you in a matter of seconds with the most agonizing death you could possibly imagine.

It's not just following gowning protocols, it's the containment equipment that has to be perfect and routinely checked, service dates etc. In some cases your safety suit serves no purpose with the really bad stuff like having a lethal dose of radiation. Your badges starts to turn dark or black you're a dead man walking if not dead already. The Chinese are a great people, but they got some sloppy quality control. Cheap labor paying some poor person a crappy wage who cares little about quality and health and well being even for his/herself. You can put a lot of the blame on the companies. If you made such a cheap wage you wouldn't care much about your job either. So all and all this is the sort of thing that happens as the result.
edit on 11-2-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

a reply to: MaverickLRD

why wouldn't they test everyone all at once? what is the reasoning for not doing so?

The Japanese health minister made the decision not to. Unknown as to why. I suspect they want to keep test kits for their local population

And he is an old timer with possible beliefs that are old fashion. Keep in mind, they did evacuate 176/180 Japanese off the ship Jan. 29th.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Itā€™s easy enough to build a new test into the LIS. I donā€™t think that theyā€™ve actually even collected samples from all parties on board. I get the feeling they didnā€™t find it necessary early on in the infection numbers

I have to agree with you on this. There just wasn't much known at the time. Remember Japanese think in "groups" . That can take time.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: misfit312

WW3 intents/goals: people lose faith in governments, god(s), and seek order restored as hell hath been unleashed...

In other words: ā€œOrder from Chaosā€

"people losing faith in governments" You do not need a WW3 for that, they do a pretty good damn job by themselves. (Chile's governments have an approval of 6~11% for example). For what I've been reading about other countries, more and more people are starting to hate their governments and politicians.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Spring is coming. Has anyone answered if this can be spread by mosquitoes?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

I think that after the Wuhan fiasco, the measures to control its spread seem ineffective, a waste of resources better used in treating the afflicted. No doubt Governments outside of China would have noticed that if it is allowed to spread at top speed, in about eight weeks it will have done its job much like the Spanish flue. Because its doing that anyway. To prevent panic they will downplay the numbers, and use all manner of guile to contain social unrest. If you are at home sick , you wont be a problem. If you fall down dead shopping, they will come along quickly and pick you up. What else can they do.?
Whatever Chinas official numbers are, the truth of the matter will be known by Western security agencies, they will have briefed the Government on the situation. In My opinion the eight Crematoriums are working at full capacity twenty four hours a day, at fifty minutes per cremation with ten ovens operating, that's about 2000 a day. That's at maximum capacity for all the funeral homes in Wuhan. If they cant cope with these numbers then they would have to burn or bury the excess, which they are probably doing judging the Sulphur spike. So in ten days the body count could in all reason be off the scale for the authorities to cope with, they would have had to burn bodies in mass graves or suffer any other number of contagious diseases that decomposing bodies cause on top of the present emergency.
No Health system on Earth, could cope so it will be up to the individual to take their own precautions. That's Britain included.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Real transmission is R 4.7 - R 6.6

This is really bad.

New study date feb 11

we estimated that the number of infected individuals during early epidemic double every 2.4 days, and the R0 value is likely to be between 4.7 and 6.6.

Author from Los Alamos National Laboratory.

MedRX

edit on 11-2-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuantumDisciple

Itā€™s unlikely, and would likely require a substantial mutation of the virus.
While tropical mosquitos such as Aedes aegypti are vectors for malaria, Zika, West Nile, dengue, and yellow fever These are blood borne viruses and parasites.
Influenza and coronavirus are both respiratory viruses and thus mode of transmission is different.
There was a case about a decade ago they did detect h5n1 avian flu from a mosquito in China, so transmission was theoretically possible but highly unlikely
edit on 11-2-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I think i brought that subject up a week ago, but no one responded . But my feelings is "yes", very possible.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

But, it won't matter, because (obviously) ....

Trump Claims Coronavirus Will "Miraculously" Go Away by April

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
in Wuhan, money is as good as useless it seems

Resident in tower block makes better use of it

LINK

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
source

TOKYO, Japan ā€“ An additional 39 people on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship off the Japan coast have tested positive for theĀ new coronavirus, Japanese Health Minister Katsunobu Kato said Wednesday, February 12, bringing the total to 174.

"Out of 53 new test results, 39 people were found positive," he told reporters, adding that a quarantine official had also been infected with the virus. (READ:Ā Coronavirus death toll reaches 1,110 ā€“ gov't)

He added that: "At this point, we have confirmed that 4 people, among those who are hospitalized, are in a serious condition, either on a ventilator or in an intensive care unit."

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
The incubation period is what makes this virus lethal. Each carrier infected without symptoms can just keep on spreading. Each person sick can last a week or more till fever breaks. Already have doctors getting sick and dying. A mask is just not good enough. Just so happens to be a level 4 bio lab in Wuhan and what are they cooking up down there? If that is where it came from then they are in some deep sh!t and infected themselves. No wonder they want to lie and keep it secret. How does a virus like that get out of lvl 4? Obviously a major failure in protocols.

In a way I am not surprised. I have been in lvl 3 and 4 containment area's and my duty was to enforce the protocols and constantly made sure that the equipment was tested, logged, tagged, bagged etc. A lot of the workers were foreigner Asian and I was constantly busting them for not following protocol. Even the "Smart" ones educated & schooled with degrees working in the labs still consciously breaking rules. Maybe 1-2 Caucasian American's might have accidentally done something wrong the entire time I was working there. That's what I saw from my observation anyway. I had one guy run past me in clothes not even suited up and then try to come back out because he forgot like a wallet or something. You can guess what happen to that guy. They just hated having to gown up I guess, they picked the wrong field to be in if that is the case. That guy was fired for sure and ID revoked. Never seen him working there again. I am sure my reports had a lot to do with it
I had to that was my job.

Usually everything is running normal. However, there is those times the crazy train goes off the rail and you got yellow, blue, red, white flashers and sirens going off all over the place and I got to run and fully suit up, full face mask with vox, air tank, whole 9 yards. There is chemicals and gasses stuff in there that will happily kill you in a matter of seconds with the most agonizing death you could possibly imagine.

It's not just following gowning protocols, it's the containment equipment that has to be perfect and routinely checked, service dates etc. In some cases your safety suit serves no purpose with the really bad stuff like having a lethal dose of radiation. Your badges starts to turn dark or black you're a dead man walking if not dead already. The Chinese are a great people, but they got some sloppy quality control. Cheap labor paying some poor person a crappy wage who cares little about quality and health and well being even for his/herself. You can put a lot of the blame on the companies. If you made such a cheap wage you wouldn't care much about your job either. So all and all this is the sort of thing that happens as the result.

We have no evidence that this came from a bio lab and lots that it came from the seafood market. Don't let your imagination run too wild.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Like I've been saying, China is already 3 hours into the marathon, we just started 30 minutes ago. Nobody with sense should expect the rest of the world to catch up any time soon.

<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join