It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
"originally posted by: FamCore
I've still only seen 1 source that says up to 24 days incubation period and that source (posted a few pages back) does not provide any context for why they had "up to 24 days" for the incubation period.

What am I missing here?"

I’ve seen several I’m not bookmarking information is coming so fast I’m going from one thing to the next but somebody posted a link

Put it this way 14 days is bad enough

But the median (that means average) is 3 days. So, yes, some - few? might go as long as 14, or even 24 days - but that is a large minority if the median/average is 3 days.

While true, can you imagine the number of people who could be exposed to the virus by just ONE person whose incubation period is 24 days? The grocery store, the workplace, gym, church, family/friends/random interactions. Hand a clerk some cash or a credit card, share the virus and he shares it with other customers. Even the gas pump nozzle is at risk to transmit to anyone who touches it for... days. The longer the incubation period, the more potential victims. All it takes is one person with a long incubation time who gets around town!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I already said I'll like to know the 1 month death rate to 12 month rate.

no expert here same as everybody here

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Why is it that everyday when I open this thread in the morning while I'm having a coffee, I have to sift through piles and piles of irrelevant, OFF TOPIC drivel.

I'm not having a crack at the moderation, just the obvious halfwits.

Continue.

Quit whining... report the off topic posts if they are so offensive to you for Gods sake.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Anyway, the official numbers should be coming soon. Let's all let Necrose have the floor while she tells us how dumb this thread is.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
So if this dies down during the warmer summer months does this give the virus a chance to mutate and come back even stronger next year or if the warmer weather causes it to die down will that be the end of the outbreak ?

Maybe.

There are a couple possible ways it could work. It could go back into hiding. Spanish Flu underwent three waves around the world. Each one was less bad, and those who had gotten it in previous waves and lived were less susceptible or immune to succeeding waves.

In fact, they think there was a first, mild wave that went through before it become the killer, and those who had that illness tended to not get Spanish at all or were barely touched by it, so they think it was the same illness/strain before it mutated to become the really bad one.

So this could spread out like wildfire and scare us all. It could leave parts of the world relatively unscathed and we could be sitting here breathing a sigh of relief and it could come roaring back in the next flu/cold season even bigger and badder, only those who had gotten it before were barely touched this time around.

Or not.

It could just fade away until a new strain comes loose.

Or it could become something more in equilibrium with the human immune system.

You never really know.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: doggodlol

Your still missing the point. It has the potential to infect million 100 of thousands of people at a time. If this virus, was developed as a weapon this is what you want it to do..

It’s cool hopefully your just trying to get a better understanding, hopefully it mutates to something less fearful.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

It depends. They're pretty sure a person can spread it while asymptomatic, but they don't know at what point the virus builds up enough to start shedding after infection.

There's no bug that infects and then has the new host turn right around and become infectious. It has to have some time to start invading cells and replicating before it can start shedding from the new host.

With flu, you're contagious about a day or so before symptom onset, but we don't know about this one. The whole deal with asymptomatic people puts that on its ear.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have seen a few posts about products coming out of China and what this disruption may mean for the world. Additionally I have seen messages about high doses of vitamin C being f useful to boost immunity and perhaps stave off the virus.

As an FYI, China has nearly the entire world’s supply of vitamin C (estimated at 95%).

We have stocked up on several bottles as part of our supplies.

I haven’t added source links as it is easily searchable.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It gets worse one of the 8 confirmed in uk is an a&e staff worker at Worthing hospital 12 miles from brighton

www.mirror.co.uk...

link   
a reply to: Foxtree

So as far as the UK goes the spread should be around four weeks behind Wuhan, with the occasional cases being picked up on their symptoms. They would have infected an unknown number who will be showing symptoms in a few days, considering the density of people in these south eastern Counties, along with the use of public transport, theirs a potential for a bad outbreak.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Kets.. I cant recall who posted it but there was a link that suggested you can get this one multiple times.. that you wouldnt build any sort of immunity. I have no idea how anyone could know that..

link   
a reply to: new_here

the "24-day incubation period" is likely cases where someone gets infected once, then reinfected a 2nd time. Those doing the testing assume its the one lifecycle for a single infection when in fact it could be 2. That's what the MedCram CoronaVirus episode 15 discussed on Youtube anyway. I'd check it if you haven't already
(can't post it at the moment, sorry but if you can't find it let me know I'll PM you the link in a bit)

link   
a reply to: NxNWest

We still grow citrus, so long as the grocery chain is unimpacted that should be a source.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

There’s no way of knowing that this early it’s just conjecture. Yes it’s a novel strain but the body has ability to build up antibodies.
Not all viruses act the same
edit on 11-2-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
a reply to: Adphil28

trolling this whole forum is trolling.

I'll say yes the deaths in china is bad(even worse than whats being said)but not overall world killer more normal 0.001 death toll.

eg deaths are happening but overall no difference to whats going on anyway.

Ahh, Necrose part 2

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

LOL. I read an article from 1-2 yrs ago that Walmart locations may be used by FEMA in certain disaster cases.
FEMA under Presidential Executive orders can seize anything and everything based on the emergency.

I don't think a single wide open building would be wise in a pandemic. They will need something that can be easily compartmentalized for quarantine purposes to separate the possibly infected from the confirmed infected. Perhaps like a large shopping mall with separate stores. If you put everyone together in one large building, then cross contamination will pretty much guaranteed. People coming in for testing will be winding up infected even if they did test negative beforehand.

Speaking of which, likely all medical facilities will become sources of contagion. Someone comes in infected, coughs or sneezes and deposits virus particles all over the place that will remain infectious for days. Not to mention particles themselves suspended in the air itself. They can't sterilize the entire facility after every person comes in. So unless you know you are infected, probably not a good idea going to any medical facility just to get yourself checked out.

Heck, anyone interested in going to your dentist while all this is going on just to have your teeth cleaned? Yeah, right, having someone sticking their fingers in your mouth, even gloved, just doesn't seem like a real smart idea. Was the person there before you an asymptomatic victim of this virus?

Yeah, I can see where this could just get all of society grinding to a complete halt.

Might be a good time now to take stock of whatever it is you think you can't live without for several months or longer.

IMHO.

I sure hope this thing mutates into rainbow colored dandelions before it gets to that point.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD
a reply to: Advantage

There’s no way of knowing that this early it’s just conjecture. Yes it’s a novel strain but the body has ability to build up antibodies.
Not all viruses act the same

Im aware. Im pointing that out exactly.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Another interesting tid bit I heard was Japan, does not want to waste their corona virus tests on the poor souls on that cruise ship, in the fear they won’t have enough to test their own people. So, makes me wonder how China, has a billion or so tests for their people. 🤷‍♂️ That really makes me doubt what they are reporting about their infected. Here is a little article I found about it.

english.kyodonews.net...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Here you go. I usually post these, but I've been busy RimWorlding today and missed the update when it popped up.

I find them reliably interesting and informative.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Anyhoo...
WIth this virus there are reports of it infiltrating the nervous system and inducing neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration.

More on India and the impact.
www.pharmaceutical-technology.com...

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join