It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:
(post by weirdguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Cruise ship being denied entry to Thailand. It's been denied quite a few places now

twitter.com...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Im still wondering about your dead body thing. Necromancy or necrophagy or necrophilia or necrophobia or necronomicon... my my my Im intrigued. Klaatu barada nitko..

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

researching a virus lmao to only target only a certain pop
Assume you have seen this already

harvardtothebighouse.com...

One thing is for sure, this virus has been developed either for good or bad reasons and appears particularly effective on older and weaker or already illness affected persons, and possibly male. Lets see if anybody other than Chinese or SEA'd die. If not then its been engineered for them be it to develop vaccines or as a depopulation weapon or what about for both options!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

I'd be denying their asses too! "Go find another port to dock at!"

lol I couldn't resist

link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: tarifa37

originally posted by: toysforadults
DOW dropped about 200 or so points from todays high... must be some bad news coming down the pipe

Add to that bitcoin is shooting up which is seen as the new gold.

If the economy goes the way I believe it is about to, Bitcoin is the new fool's gold. If you think anyone is trading food, masks, medicine, or water for digital currency, then I have some bad news for you.

Go to Wuhan and try to trade a bitcoin for an N95 mask right now.

Hell, even real gold won't be worth much in this scenario.

Tennis, any material movement by elements of Federal ?????

link   
a reply to: Tukota

Someone posted an excellent sort of power point presentation along with the tracked family tree of cases so far. If you took the time to look at it and the explanatory presentation that went with it, it explained that the virus tends to pick up changes with every new infection it does. Most of these are more or less cosmetic. It just picks up copying errors from its host.

That's how they can track it back via samples and even see family clusters of very close infections based on how close the viral RNA is -- a family is closely related, the RNA will stay very close even as it changes that little bit.

However, major mutations, the kind that might impact how it actually behaves as a disease, a strain might only be expected to pick up at most every three weeks or so. At this point, we are about 15 or so weeks into this, so we have the chance for it to have picked up a few changes in behavior across different strains.

Has it? Don't know, but it's had the opportunity to.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Like where though? Nobody going to accept them.
How much fuel and supplies does a cruise ship hold

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It's alright, I'm used to being an outcast.
Anyhow, I never said I believed China or their official numbers, if I did, please quote me.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

go look virus and mutation

link   
Why is it that everyday when I open this thread in the morning while I'm having a coffee, I have to sift through piles and piles of irrelevant, OFF TOPIC drivel.

I'm not having a crack at the moderation, just the obvious halfwits.

Continue.

link   
a reply to: flice

I don't think those were steps so much as things that were always there but we weren't old about them. They were the only things that made sense.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Tukota

Someone posted an excellent sort of power point presentation along with the tracked family tree of cases so far. If you took the time to look at it and the explanatory presentation that went with it, it explained that the virus tends to pick up changes with every new infection it does. Most of these are more or less cosmetic. It just picks up copying errors from its host.

That's how they can track it back via samples and even see family clusters of very close infections based on how close the viral RNA is -- a family is closely related, the RNA will stay very close even as it changes that little bit.

However, major mutations, the kind that might impact how it actually behaves as a disease, a strain might only be expected to pick up at most every three weeks or so. At this point, we are about 15 or so weeks into this, so we have the chance for it to have picked up a few changes in behavior across different strains.

Has it? Don't know, but it's had the opportunity to.

I believe you're talking about this one I posted awhile back? Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus (nCoV) - NextStrain

edit on 11-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
e-mail that NHS e-mail and see if they respond

There are several articles out right now about phishing and malware campaigns by threat actors who are using the fear over the virus to bait people into clicking on links. Sent by email and text. The links could release malware and phishing campaigns could be targeting your personal information. Never click on links from messages where you don’t know the sender.

It is always best to look up the actual entity on their website and contact them through the contact info you find on their page rather than the info given to you in a message. No harm in typing the address into an email but avoid clicking on any links in the message originally received.
I am a fraud expert.
edit on 11-2-2020 by NxNWest because: Adding further info

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
Like where though? Nobody going to accept them.
How much fuel and supplies does a cruise ship hold

I sympathize with those on board, but I also sympathize with Thai officials who don't want that thing anywhere near their populous. You bring up really good questions - maybe the UN or the ship's country of origin would be willing to send provisions to them via airdrop or something if it comes to it...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: doggodlol

🤦‍♂️ The story about this disease is not the mortality rate but the serious to critical condition ratio and how contagious it is also how it can be spread asymptomatically...

Not the mortality which is a bit high also, roughly if 10,000 catch the disease about 1300 get serious to critical let us know if local hospitals in your area can handle that on top of the other emergencies and daily activities they deal with daily.

And it's not even that per se, but how rapidly those 10,000 get sick. In bad years, that many will get sick with the flu, but it's spread out over the entire winter flu season, so the 1,300 for the hospital would also be spread out.

Now compress those 10,000 and the 1,300 into the space of a two or three week period. That's the real problem.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Completely agree

link   

originally posted by: Necrose
a reply to: Wookiep

It's alright, I'm used to being an outcast.
Anyhow, I never said I believed China or their official numbers, if I did, please quote me.

The official numbers come from China every day. You quote them everyday. As if it's fact, furthermore patronizing other members. It's like saying "neener neener I'm right, this thing is dying out and yall are idiots!" And it's immature. Prove me wrong.

link   

Yeah, that's it.

No matter where it came from, it's still a virus and there are still certain rules it obeys as a part of nature.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Oh Im contrary to the "line" .... all the time. Devils advocate is a fun role sometimes.
I think its all in teh way youre advocating or being a contrarian that makes you for ridicule or not. The wife beater thing was a way to show you a different perspective of what you said. Personally Im sorry it caused you grief due to your circumstances. I have sore spots too... one of them certainly causes me to research and stay on top of things. Ive HAD to do it for so long its almost a comforting bad habit. Chinks on the armor be damned.

ATS should now and always has been a place where "the fringe" have a home as well as the "normies" to discuss conspiracies and all sorts of things. I enjoy the discourse. If someone does not enjoy it, I do question why they are here at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join