It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 257
<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
a reply to: tanstaafl

Incubation period, hospitals not being overwhelmed yet, government cover up so we dont panic.

Sorry, that makes no sense. It has been in the wild for months. If it was anywhere near as serious - for the rest of the world - we'd be seeing dozens of deaths worldwide of non native Chinese, but as it is, not even any serious cases.

If it was something else killing people in Wuhan how do you explain people dying outside Wuhan

First it is only 2 deaths outside China, one in HK, and one in the Philippines. Two. And both were native Chinese who recently fled WuHan.
edit on 11-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR

People in brighton area apparently getting this text message, anyone on here had it at all?

twitter.com...

I just got a similar message a minute ago, whilst reading this thread.

Hello J... R... If you are unwell and have travelled to an area affected by Coronavirus in the last 2 weeks or have had contact with someone who has, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT the surgery. Please ring 111 for advice. If you are contacting the practice for any other reason, please advise the receptionist if the above applies to you. Thanks L... M... Practice

I'm in Norwich. Presumably this is just NHS being precautionary, across the country.

uhhh wtf
edit on 11-2-2020 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

We have what? Two deaths outside China so far?

Thing is that if this thing had the sky high mortality rate people want to give it, then we would see that mortality rate in the cases across the border of China, but we don't.

What you're seeing is disease with a much lower mortality rate hitting all at once, so that all the victims it will have are sick ... right now. That means all the people it will kill will die ... right now. It doesn't have to kill 40% of its victims to make a big pile of bodies in even a moderate sized population.

Look at the number of people who get shot and killed in Chicago across an average summer weekend. No one thinks much of it because they are scattered across several days and all across the city in different places. Now put all those people together in one place and at one time, and suddenly you have an epic mass shooting the media will go on and on about for days.

This is the disease equivalent of a mass shooting.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
[

But...

How do you explain 0 - ZERO - non native Chinese deaths outside China (and only 2 native chinese), since this entire thing started?

That, right there, is the singhle biggest red flag about this whole thing.

I was thinking about this. Right now I think it says we,(The US and until recently the UK) were better at suppressing info. That's all. Because it hasn't got out of hand...yet and hopefully won't. But

There are groups all over who would love to hear we were in panic and would full well take advantage of that.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BruceZuckerberg
Guys... put down the gas masks...virus has 1% mortality lol

Yeah, laughed when I saw that.
Because as well all know/presume it's based on under-reported numbers.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

A possible explanation is the exponential growth. The originating area of the virus is highly population dense and does not have the highest quality living conditions
Failure to be able to receive proper medical care and increase severity of the illness
Outside of China the cases thus far have not been large scale. Thus each infected person has had potentially a greater opportunity for proper medical care
There’s no saying that if a massive outbreak occurred in New York City that we wouldn’t also see mortality increase as it could overwhelm the health networks

I agree with your premise, it’s odd that the deaths are isolated in majority to one area. But it appears as though the virus had spread minimally outside of China until very recently

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

Because China has piss poor air quality similar to Industrial era England and I'm told masks are just not that uncommon there for more reasons than as a disease measure.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: daytonguy
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator
Just to help the rest of the world get their info: covid-19.global...
Long time lurker; first time posting. Great info in (some) of these posts

Your link keeps taking me to the first page of this thread............

I think what daytonguy is getting at is ...

he created the URL covid-19.global to share with outside people (those not normally on ATS) to point them quickly to this thread. Something easy to tweet or share on anti-social-media, etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
^
The number of new cases in the EU this week so far.

edit on 11-2-2020 by Necrose because: the EU instead of "Europe"

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

What happened in 2017 to induce this and why would everyone be wearing masks. Sorry I have to question these things?

Also i added a note below video saying what youv said

It's in a hospital, hence the masks and precautions. Commenters on Twitter claim the children passed due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

The thing is that so far, a lot of the cases we've seen haven't necessarily needed medical care from what is being described. Mostly medical care has been to keep the patient from potentially spreading the disease more than to keep the patient alive.

This is the problem with what China is doing. We need to know what proportion of cases reach a status severe enough that they need medical support, why that is (i.e. is that enhanced/provoked by conditions in China so we could reasonably expect that number to lower in other countries with a cleaner environment/less smokers), and then we need good numbers on how severe cases behave with good support so that we can make accurate risk assessments to our own medical systems in other countries.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose
UK seen 4 yesterday and 1 on Sunday

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Hardly ever post but saw an interesting piece on the bbc breakfast news this morning. Was an interview with an emeritus professor who said that most of the cases are mild(could be true, but no real, quantifiable evidence of this?) and that the majority of people are recovering.

This is what struck me as odd.

Looking at the ‘official’ figures this certainly doesn’t appear to be the case. There is also little evidence of people outside of China recovering; certainly not to the extent of being able to say the majority...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

UK seen 4 yesterday and 1 on Sunday

Corrected to *the EU

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

That was quick. Watching you bub

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD
I agree with your premise, it’s odd that the deaths are isolated in majority to one area.

Not 'majority'. All of them. The only 2 deaths outside China were native Chinese who recently left Wuhan. Those logically must be counted as having occurred inside China.

But it appears as though the virus had spread minimally outside of China until very recently

And again - if this thing is so bad - so easily transmitted - it should have spread like wildfire with everyo9ne traveling unimpeded in the month or 3 before the quarantines/lockdowns started happening.

It would be everywhere right now. It isn't.
edit on 11-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This means nothing because of the source but it says they identified 13,000 feverish people who have been placed in quarantine in Huanggong.

That doesn't mean they have corona. Could just have been hot at the time but shoved in quarantine with loads of others...

www.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
I just heard there is a confirmed Corona virus in one of Houston's hospitals since two days ago, why is it not in the news yet?

Heard it from a nurse that works there.

There are 6 people self quarantined in San Antonio, too. There was a small article online but no news about it on local channels.

Seems hush-hush in Texas.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I hope you and ketsuko are right and I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: roflhoff

Why do you say that? Because the press hasn't been all over them shoving microphones in their faces to announce that they're alive?

If it bleeds, it leads, so they'd darn sure announce it if those early cases had died, you know. They report on other cases dying.

top topics

<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join