It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Thank you for that....thank god for 'U' bends in the UK

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not freaking out, just posting how this can be spread...

Thousands ordered into quarantine after cluster of cases linked to department store.

Nearly a third of the confirmed coronavirus cases in Tianjin, a city of more than 15 million about 70 miles southeast of Beijing, have been linked to one department store, adding to fears about rapid transmission in tightly clustered communities.

Of 102 confirmed cases in the city, at least 33 patients worked or shopped at a department store in the Baodi district, or had close contact with employees or customers, according to the Tianjin health authorities. Many of them had no history of travel to Wuhan, the city where the outbreak emerged.

Officials estimated that 11,700 customers had visited the shopping complex during a period in late January. The authorities said that those customers would be quarantined, and that the store itself, which they did not identify, had been sealed and disinfected.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
New Coronavirus Officially Named COVID-19

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

No Problem!
So 2 potential errors, they either meant 'mean' or '13'. Although If they did intend to use 'mean' and incubation is indeed around 3 days then that is preferable as that suggests reported incidences of 24 days are anomalous and likely rare.

The third term is mode, that would prove useful for measuring incubation period and which appears most frequent but again requires a large set of data. Median is the least applicable term which is why I thought I'd raise the point.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

That’s gonna run through a prison fast, don’t think much will help there as there all over crowded
news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: St Udio
Tucker had a segment last night and mentioned that. Another thing he pointed out is that the FDA has also evacuated all its inspection personnel, so there are no more QC inspections by US personnel on those things taking place over there.

my talk radio does not carry Tucker (sad)
but the news blurb I did link in my earlier post -> from here: allnewspipeline.com...

had a lot of talk about the WHO (world health org) darkly/covertly spurring China labs & other labs worldwide to do research into weaponizing virus' out of the public eye

I think WHO orchestrated the USA to bring home the teams of USA inspectors from China to create a Vacuum of Authority---so that the WHO would become the sole Authority of medicinal security & safety issues in the outbreak cities in China under strict Quarantine.....

the USA oversight inspector teams in China will likely never return or have that much power again... the UN /WHO
will initiate 'rules' 'policies' to keep prying-eyes outside the box...Trump will resist but get silenced, put in his place

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Power_Semi
He went to hospital because he had flu like symptoms, so he did have some symptoms.

Very odd he's recovered so quickly, I don't buy it.

That's funny... you buy all the fear-mongering without question, but question a case where someone recovers after having only mild symptoms.

If you feel the need to go to A&E for flu symptoms then it isn't mild - mild would be stop at home in bed or go to doctors at worst - not go to hospital.

link   
a reply to: Foxtree

Not in Salisbury.

Someone was saying similar a few days back but can't remember where they were (up north maybe)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersMate
a reply to: tanstaafl

No Problem!
So 2 potential errors, they either meant 'mean' or '13'. Although If they did intend to use 'mean' and incubation is indeed around 3 days then that is preferable as that suggests reported incidences of 24 days are anomalous and likely rare.

The third term is mode, that would prove useful for measuring incubation period and which appears most frequent but again requires a large set of data. Median is the least applicable term which is why I thought I'd raise the point.

No, a common misconception is that the median is the midway in range, actually it's the middle number.

So if you had 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 100, 101

The median is 6.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Total of 4 schools in brighton now

www.brightonandhovenews.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28

That’s gonna run through a prison fast, don’t think much will help there as there all over crowded
news.sky.com...

Sure, but.. the vast majority of suspected cases turn out negative. So, it's probably not there at all, one would hope.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Times like this are when I’m glad to have a medical box full of painkillers, antibiotics and medical supplies 👍🏻

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
Total of 4 schools in brighton now

www.brightonandhovenews.org...

well that was fast....

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo
Thanks for explaining how to post. Next step is to select an avatar. Lol if I can sort that out.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and have been taking extensive notes along the way. Fear will just cloud our ability to try and sort out fact from fiction.
Some people respond to the unknown or a crisis in fear while others respond with questions. What is wonderful is that because of this collaboration of differences we receive input from different points of view. This is what is exactly needed when facing the unknown and complex situations.
I get the Wall Street Journal and the information posted here is far more relevant. The articles are just propoganda to appease the masses. In fact every so often there is a whole section that is published and paid for by the Chinese government. Food for thought there.
Thank you for posting the statistics update.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
a reply to: revmoofoo

See my last post on this thread for some tips. www.abovetopsecret.com...

A reminder. Don't panic yet. It is good to be prepared, but there is no need to panic about it. Yet... I still think it will begin to burn out in the next couple of weeks.

I'm not panicking. I think it's good practice to always have 4 weeks worth of stores.

Rev

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Like I've said before - this is currently the height of flu season and we are in a flu epidemic here in the states. When you get severe respiratory illness like the flu, pnuemonia is a common secondary infection.

I know it's tempting, but not every case of pneumonia death is going to be corona virus right now.

Quite right. Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye, though they could quite easily hide nCoV in other figures if they wanted to.

Stats for 'flu-like' cases currently looks like this for IL region:

source:
dph.illinois.gov...

Lets hope this is just a local outbreak of flu, and not the same across US or the world with up-tick that started early to mid Jan, and doesn't continue going up.

Thank you for posting this from Illinois about the flu. We're one state over in Michigan and my 27 year old daughter felt fine at work yesterday. Her lungs started hurting last night (she described it as burning), she just left urgent care with a diagnosis of it being viral with inflamed lungs, and tested her for the flu but said it was negative. She hurts everywhere and it hit her so hard and fast that it sounds like Flu. No other symptoms of a cold either. she didn't get a flu shot and works with the public so I'm guessing it's either Influenza A or B and the sample they got didn't catch it. They ordered steroids and an inhaler. So apparently it's still spreading here in Michigan too.

I'm sorry to hear that, I know how easy it is to conjure the worst fears as a parent. I'm not sure what difference it would make if it was nCoV because, from my reading, treatment would be the same. Knowing it was nCoV would mean more attention so likely better care, isolation, and help containment, but I feel anyone demanding a test for nCoV would be made to feel loonie. They should be testing without the need for anyone to go to such lengths.

If her lungs worsen I'll take her to one of the big university hospitals for a breathing treatment and to get checked out more thoroughly since she was at an urgent care with limited resources earlier today. And you're right about people thinking you're a loony if you even mention nCoV. I was talking to a client this morning who used to be a nurse and she was telling me that she doesn't know what all the fuss is about. "Flu is way worse, people are overreacting, yada, yada, yada..." I didn't bother to reply. Everyone is entitled their own thoughts. I just move forward cautiously, keeping an eye on things in my own sphere.

link   
a reply to: misfit312

Noticed similar about 2 days ago, language on press conferences went from lockdown and quarantine to stop the spread to “lockdown and quarantine to delay the spread”
To me that change was the start of them admiring its beyond containment and spread can’t be stopped

link   
a reply to: toysforadults
I have noticed that you have posted "Raccoon City" a number of times. What is it?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
a reply to: toysforadults
I have noticed that you have posted "Raccoon City" a number of times. What is it?

the city where the outbreak occured in the Resident evil video games
edit on 11-2-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
New Coronavirus Officially Named COVID-19

Just to put this on record, it looks like this is the new name for nCov-2019 (and is not a "new, new strain")

new topics

top topics

<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join