It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's basic psychology and part of a normal thought process. Of course if we could personally determine whether something terrible happens or not most all would choose that it not but to entertain certain thoughts is something everybody does. Why do you think in many movies the bad guy who does terrible things is the most loved character? Have you not seen Joker? Don't try to virtue signaling pretend that you're not human because I'm not falling for your bull#.

reply to: liejunkie01

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
a reply to: revmoofoo

See my last post on this thread for some tips. www.abovetopsecret.com...

A reminder. Don't panic yet. It is good to be prepared, but there is no need to panic about it. Yet... I still think it will begin to burn out in the next couple of weeks.

I agree don't panic, but a few days ago I decided we may have as little as 1 month until NHS is overwhelmed in the UK. Could be similar anywhere. Not to panic of course, but things are about to start happening... Or they're not. But the day after I made that prediction, UK imported cases doubled and we may have local transmission. Not good.

Be prepared, it relieves anxiety massively. And if you can try to buy things you will use anyway, given time, it's cost you nothing. Fear is good, it keeps you sharp, worry not so good, so do what you can to alleviate that and avoid panic later which is dangerous.

Thank you for your tips and everyone else's.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Good call. Most plumbing in China including Hong Kong does not have U bends. It was the bane of my time there to always wake in the morning to new and wonderful smells in the bathroom.

There was a scare this was going on in a Hong Kong block of flats the other day. They evacuated it, but found pipes were ok. So it seems hit and miss there. Saying that though, I used to live in an apartment in Nottingham city centre (UK) where the drains stank. Had to pour a cup of bleach down every plug at least once a week. So although there are regs, they are not always followed.

A modern toilet has a built in trap. As far as sinks go, if there's no P trap underneath it, you will likely get the sewer gas smell. You can also get the smell if the water has drained out of the trap for some reason (sink not used in a while, etc.)
You may also get it if the sink is not vented through the roof properly too. Adding a P trap could be done for under $10 USD and maybe 30 minutes. Unless it was a single family home, the venting wouldn't be under your control. The building or inspections department in your town should have copies of permits and construction details though in that case.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Actually median is the middle number separating the lowest and highest. Mean is the term for average and refers to the total sum/ number of criteria.

It's a pretty important difference. The median would be 13 days. The mean would require you to know the number of days incubation a decent sample size had.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
He went to hospital because he had flu like symptoms, so he did have some symptoms.

Very odd he's recovered so quickly, I don't buy it.

That's funny... you buy all the fear-mongering without question, but question a case where someone recovers after having only mild symptoms.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: GoldGlobal
Oh yeah we haven't seen nothing yet this bad boy is just beginning; wait till June when the next set of eclipses start and we get the second wave of this

Astrology? Seriously?

-sheesh-

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Regarding the oxford prisoners being tested it has been revealed one has recently been to thailand

www.oxfordmail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: GoldGlobal
Oh yeah we haven't seen nothing yet this bad boy is just beginning; wait till June when the next set of eclipses start and we get the second wave of this

Astrology? Seriously?

-sheesh-

thats what people like you said when I lost my thread relating to events happening Jan

believe what you want...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Another gp surgery this time in bracknell in berkshire has closed due to coronavirus fears

www.bracknellnews.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells

I believe that that number includes the 135 from the cruise ship.. but I may be wrong.

Ok, thanks for the clarification...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
In the context of what's going on when else would they of been filmed and for what reason?

Who knows? But that is beside the point.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: musicismagic

I know.

I'm surprised people havn't given up work yet in London. The trains are over-crowded every day for most of the day.

One infectious person on the Tube at a busy time and - hello. Massive spread.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Also a rexel store has closed in eastbourne near brighton closed apparently. (No source other than twitter)

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So just assume everything fake untill people are dropping dead on my street?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersMate

Actually median is the middle number separating the lowest and highest. Mean is the term for average and refers to the total sum/ number of criteria.

It's a pretty important difference. The median would be 13 days. The mean would require you to know the number of days incubation a decent sample size had.

Thanks for the correction, wasn't aware of the distinction, but...

The term 'median' was used in that paper, and the number he said was the median was '3'. Which as you pointed out, the number '3' should have been '13' if he used it correctly, so, either he misused the term median, or... ?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

"originally posted by: tanstaafl
"Astrology? Seriously?

-sheesh-"

thats what people like you said when I lost my thread relating to events happening Jan

believe what you want...

Thanks, I will... and that won't include 'astrology'...
edit on 11-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
So just assume everything fake untill people are dropping dead on my street?

Or, just assume that anything you hear on the internet is suspect, and don't freak out unless/until you have a very good reason to do so.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Like I've said before - this is currently the height of flu season and we are in a flu epidemic here in the states. When you get severe respiratory illness like the flu, pnuemonia is a common secondary infection.

I know it's tempting, but not every case of pneumonia death is going to be corona virus right now.

Quite right. Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye, though they could quite easily hide nCoV in other figures if they wanted to.

Stats for 'flu-like' cases currently looks like this for IL region:

source:
dph.illinois.gov...

Lets hope this is just a local outbreak of flu, and not the same across US or the world with up-tick that started early to mid Jan, and doesn't continue going up.

Thank you for posting this from Illinois about the flu. We're one state over in Michigan and my 27 year old daughter felt fine at work yesterday. Her lungs started hurting last night (she described it as burning), she just left urgent care with a diagnosis of it being viral with inflamed lungs, and tested her for the flu but said it was negative. She hurts everywhere and it hit her so hard and fast that it sounds like Flu. No other symptoms of a cold either. she didn't get a flu shot and works with the public so I'm guessing it's either Influenza A or B and the sample they got didn't catch it. They ordered steroids and an inhaler. So apparently it's still spreading here in Michigan too.

I hope you're daughter recovers quickly, not a lot of younger people have experienced flu, it really is crippling and makes you bedbound.

Keeps us posted on her when you can please, and fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for A or B flu.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Like I've said before - this is currently the height of flu season and we are in a flu epidemic here in the states. When you get severe respiratory illness like the flu, pnuemonia is a common secondary infection.

I know it's tempting, but not every case of pneumonia death is going to be corona virus right now.

Quite right. Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye, though they could quite easily hide nCoV in other figures if they wanted to.

Stats for 'flu-like' cases currently looks like this for IL region:

source:
dph.illinois.gov...

Lets hope this is just a local outbreak of flu, and not the same across US or the world with up-tick that started early to mid Jan, and doesn't continue going up.

Thank you for posting this from Illinois about the flu. We're one state over in Michigan and my 27 year old daughter felt fine at work yesterday. Her lungs started hurting last night (she described it as burning), she just left urgent care with a diagnosis of it being viral with inflamed lungs, and tested her for the flu but said it was negative. She hurts everywhere and it hit her so hard and fast that it sounds like Flu. No other symptoms of a cold either. she didn't get a flu shot and works with the public so I'm guessing it's either Influenza A or B and the sample they got didn't catch it. They ordered steroids and an inhaler. So apparently it's still spreading here in Michigan too.

I'm sorry to hear that, I know how easy it is to conjure the worst fears as a parent. I'm not sure what difference it would make if it was nCoV because, from my reading, treatment would be the same. Knowing it was nCoV would mean more attention so likely better care, isolation, and help containment, but I feel anyone demanding a test for nCoV would be made to feel loonie. They should be testing without the need for anyone to go to such lengths.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
People in brighton area apparently getting this text message, anyone on here had it at all?

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join