It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I believe that that number includes the 135 from the cruise ship.. but I may be wrong.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1
Right, it makes no sense removing only the ill, unless there’s a cordoned off temp hospital at the docks. The the non-confirmed are screwed no matter what, the virus is airborne aerosol which will spread through the ventilation cooling and heating duct. This ship is a floating petri dish. It’s almost like they are seeing who gets it and who doesn’t and will try and figure out how those folks are immune to it.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo

originally posted by: Foxtree
a reply to: revmoofoo
It's getting to the of end of incubation wave 1 by my count if it was first brought into country in york its had time to work it's way all over country by now. Could of come in through contraband or by a visitor

I've never been so glad to be a total shut-in! I'm stocked up to bug-in for about 4 weeks...I'm wondering if I should add another 4 to that TBH. Frightening times really.

Rev

If things go south, 4 weeks will not be close to enough.

I have a family of 5 and now have enough for 6 months. If things start looking bad in our area, I will risk one last trip out to get stuff, and order some extra emergency food to bring us up to a year. This thing seems to be slow moving, so you will need to be held up for months at the very least.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
"originally posted by: FamCore
I've still only seen 1 source that says up to 24 days incubation period and that source (posted a few pages back) does not provide any context for why they had "up to 24 days" for the incubation period.

What am I missing here?"

I’ve seen several I’m not bookmarking information is coming so fast I’m going from one thing to the next but somebody posted a link

Put it this way 14 days is bad enough

But the median (that means average) is 3 days. So, yes, some - few? might go as long as 14, or even 24 days - but that is a large minority if the median/average is 3 days.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Good call. Most plumbing in China including Hong Kong does not have U bends. It was the bane of my time there to always wake in the morning to new and wonderful smells in the bathroom.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I'm fortunate enough to be on my own, so it's reasonably cheap to add more to my supplies. I suppose I'd better get ordering then...

Rev

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

See my last post on this thread for some tips. www.abovetopsecret.com...

A reminder. Don't panic yet. It is good to be prepared, but there is no need to panic about it. Yet... I still think it will begin to burn out in the next couple of weeks.
edit on 11-2-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

Found this vid on how they are going about locking people up in their own homes...

Heavy stuff..

Peace

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: BowBells
just seen on sky.. more to follow

Just seen in sky news that 2 british prisoners are being tested..😷😱 can you imagine how that would spread in a prison??

Would be interesting to know where the prisoners picked it up.

That's what I'm curious to hear about. They must have had a recent prison break that came out in China.

link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Good call. Most plumbing in China including Hong Kong does not have U bends. It was the bane of my time there to always wake in the morning to new and wonderful smells in the bathroom.

There was a scare this was going on in a Hong Kong block of flats the other day. They evacuated it, but found pipes were ok. So it seems hit and miss there. Saying that though, I used to live in an apartment in Nottingham city centre (UK) where the drains stank. Had to pour a cup of bleach down every plug at least once a week. So although there are regs, they are not always followed.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

who knows where this video came from

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
did Foxcon go back to work today?

link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Like I've said before - this is currently the height of flu season and we are in a flu epidemic here in the states. When you get severe respiratory illness like the flu, pnuemonia is a common secondary infection.

I know it's tempting, but not every case of pneumonia death is going to be corona virus right now.

Quite right. Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye, though they could quite easily hide nCoV in other figures if they wanted to.

Stats for 'flu-like' cases currently looks like this for IL region:

source:
dph.illinois.gov...

Lets hope this is just a local outbreak of flu, and not the same across US or the world with up-tick that started early to mid Jan, and doesn't continue going up.

Thank you for posting this from Illinois about the flu. We're one state over in Michigan and my 27 year old daughter felt fine at work yesterday. Her lungs started hurting last night (she described it as burning), she just left urgent care with a diagnosis of it being viral with inflamed lungs, and tested her for the flu but said it was negative. She hurts everywhere and it hit her so hard and fast that it sounds like Flu. No other symptoms of a cold either. she didn't get a flu shot and works with the public so I'm guessing it's either Influenza A or B and the sample they got didn't catch it. They ordered steroids and an inhaler. So apparently it's still spreading here in Michigan too.

link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Could be an amazing plan to escape

link   
a reply to: Foxtree

On the US press conference the other day he stated that China was past containment and in the mitigation stages.

The speaker then went on to say they "feel" they have it contained here in The US but that doesn't mean in "2-4 weeks they won't have to reevaluate mitigation options here." To me that said

We are NOT sure we have it contained and in 2-4 weeks we find out.

If anyone is interested this is an article from the CDC it's about the flu might be relevant.(Might even have been posted, can't remember all the links)

Community Mitigation Guidelines to Prevent Pandemic Influenza — 2017

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
IL: Student has died after battle with flu, pneumonia

Source: www.wandtv.com...

Student has died after battle with flu, pneumonia
I've seen lots of stories like this.

I have, too. There was a case just like that in Crossville, Illinois, but I've resisted posting about it because I couldn't find a link to it. I heard it from a friend who knows the mother of the son that died from pneumonia. I know, third hand information - that's why I hadn't posted it. Since I don't have a link, please pretend you haven't read this as if it were misinformation.

Edit to add:
Crossville, Illinois is 13 miles from my home. I hope you'll pardon me if I sound concerned.

Crossville? Is that any where near the "Quad Cities". You know, Moline, Rock Island, East Moline, Davenport , Iowa.

The Quad cities are in mid/northern Illinois, by Chicago. Crossville is in Southern Illinois.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

If it comes uk I'm locking myself in my home

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
Was it young healthy men, working on construction sites... or ELDERLY 60+ who were "dropping dead" on the streets of Wuhan?

I'd just like to interject and remind everyone - we don't even know if those videos were real, and if so, when they were taken.
edit on 11-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

In the context of what's going on when else would they of been filmed and for what reason?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Can confirm it’s on WeChat within last 2 weeks. I don’t cross post everything I see from Twitter and WeChat here. I’d be posting like 20 videos a day.

There are much worse such as officials welding apartment doors shut while people scream from behind the door. It’s very medieval.

top topics

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join