It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 249
<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo
That's not good, brackley where that surgery closed due to coronavirus is just down road from there to

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
That's not good, brackley where that surgery closed due to coronavirus is just down road from there to

I wonder how it got in to the Prison though?

Rev

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Two members of staff at a primary school in Brighton and Hove are in isolation after coming in contact with a person who has coronavrius.

A second primary has told pupils they can stay away to prevent the virus from spreading, although both schools remain open.

Cottesmore St Mary’s Catholic Primary School and Bevendean Primary School, both in Brighton and Hove have contacted parents.

It follows the news yesterday that St Mary's Independent School, in Southampton, Hampshire, asked pupils not to attend for three days while a deep clean took place.

Also Ncov has a name Covid-19

edit on Tue Feb 11 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE NEEDED..... Copyright issue

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's getting to the of end of incubation wave 1 by my count if it was first brought into country in york its had time to work it's way all over country by now. Could of come in through contraband or by a visitor

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just heard a story that CV may spread through plumbing...A report from Wuhan that two people in separate apartments, on different floors that share a plumbing line, tested positive.

Wow! Is there some sort of link for that please? If that is true that the CV is getting into the plumbing..... well it doesn't bear thinking about....and how for God's sake????

Rainbows
Jane

It's to do with gasses getting into your accommodation through plug holes etc. i.e not through the water in your taps, just in case anyone was thinking that.

It's common nowadays (and regulation some places) to have a 'U' bend or water trap on waste pipes. This stops smells etc from pipes coming through plug holes, and so stops the nasties. SARS transmitted to residents of a building which did not have U bends. One person got it, so everyone in the building was at risk. Many got infected.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
It's getting to the of end of incubation wave 1 by my count if it was first brought into country in york its had time to work it's way all over country by now. Could of come in through contraband or by a visitor

I've never been so glad to be a total shut-in! I'm stocked up to bug-in for about 4 weeks...I'm wondering if I should add another 4 to that TBH. Frightening times really.

Rev

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm pretty prepared now I think, got enough food for me and my dog for about 4months, masks, suits and gloves, water source and secondary power.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi
I have a question about the cruise ship quarantined passengers. It has really been puzzling to me.
People sharing a cabin have only one person catch and display symptoms from the corona virus and the other does not.The ill person is removed from the ship. Now does that mean the quarantine period resets for the one remaining?
It appears that the test can be administered several times and the results at best are questionable.

The remaining person/persons are being left in a contaminated cabin with no fresh towels, sheets or clothing. The virus can live on surfaces for days so really the 14 day quarantine for the entire ship is meaningless. This is like the city of Wuhan. That situation is showing that despite quarantines the population continues to get ill.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

Raccoon city....

link   
Just a heads up, if you have a poundshop near you, the do paracitomols, plasters, gloves, mouthwash, deodorants, toilet paper, tissues,toothbrushes and tinned foods for a pound!

And lighters in packs of 4 or 5 and lighter fuel!

A very good place to get stuff on cheap!

And sweets which you can store and help if other food gets low and also great for energy levels. Also soft drinks and energy drinks!
edit on 11-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

link   

Your post reeks of common sense and logic. Some of our ATS brothers and sisters will not like that.

Rev

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: that1lurker
a reply to: 727Sky

I feel so bad for those people. It doesn't seem to be slowing down on that plague ship.

I don't understand why the various governments of the passengers on that ship aren't working together to either find ways to offload them to better quarantine conditions or working to send in viral research and medical teams to handle the situation as it evolves and learn what we can from it.

This is as close to conditions on the ground in China as we have and it's being wasted.

I completely agree! It would be great if they could send in a team of doctors in proper gear that could go into each cabin, assess the health and well-being of each person, give them fresh towels and clothes, and take over the medical care. Either that, or like others have suggested, have each country make arrangements to have their citizens taken off and flown to one of their bases for quarantine. If that was one of my family stuck on a ship, where people are getting sicker by the day, I would be beside myself worrying about them.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I would think so, but that would theoretically push the quarantine period out indefinitely if you're resetting it with every new infection. Maybe that explains the unprecedented lockdown/quarantine in China.

Several people have been downplaying that as far as the estimated numbers. Even if a low figure of 60 million is used, that's still 5% of their entire population...equivalent to the US doing that with 17 or 18 million people. That's nothing to downplay in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OutsideContextProblem
93% of patients were still in hospital at the end of the period studied, so don’t be too comforted by the mortality rate, it’s almost certain to go up. The language of the study seemed to imply that once you become critical your chances aren’t good.

And only 5% of those went critical.

What I said, and am saying is, that study wasn't definitive.

Are you disagreeing with that?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I guess a dr from the surgery could have visited the prison to treat inmates? Plausible if it's only down the road 🤷‍♀️ infact I reckon that's what happened, they know this dr has been confirmed and these inmates are showing symptoms?

Just wish we knew WHAT the symptoms are like.. how severe etc..or are they just testing anyone who's been in contact with a confirmed patient who has the sniffles or a cough?

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
2-11-2020 TOKYO

THERE ARE 163 CASES OF CORONA VIRUS NOW IN JAPAN

Linky?

That said, if true, it is definitely a bit concerning, especially seeing as my understanding is that the Japanese are a bit paranoid when it comes to germs, and have been wearing masks (not all, but a lot) for many many years.

link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I just went to the Dollar Store here in The US. I stocked up on everything from Neosporin, hydrocortisone cream, Vicks , ibuprofen, aspirin, thermometers anything I thought might be shortages of.

On the plus side ours received a huge shipment of books and
blu rays. My daughters felt like they hit the jackpot.

link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Went to B&M today and got antibacterial stuff and paracetamol and ibuprofen.. then walked to next shop and got another 2 boxes..then the next shop and another 2 boxes lol.. wish I could just buy 6 at once!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

When I said down the road, it is about 18miles so wouldn't be local surgery for them

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: musicismagic
2-11-2020 TOKYO

THERE ARE 163 CASES OF CORONA VIRUS NOW IN JAPAN

Linky?

That said, if true, it is definitely a bit concerning, especially seeing as my understanding is that the Japanese are a bit paranoid when it comes to germs, and have been wearing masks (not all, but a lot) for many many years.

will Japan reliably share information?

top topics

<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join