It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Her kids in quarantine with her. She went to Wuhan for Spring Festival to visit her parents.

Oh God, I missed that in this thread. That's gotta be hell.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Did ya?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

So she’s saying exactly what the reports are saying outside what the MSM are reporting, and what we’ve crammed in this thread

Probably the fastest growing thread in ATS history?
edit on 10-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: musicismagic

Pretty sure most major cruise lines have satelite TV on board, meaning the passengers are receiving international TV broadcasts.

I'm afraid them being dock at Yokohama port, the Japanese have control on what is being allowed on the ship . This was just on the TV. I can see the reason, panic is not what they need.
Can you imagine if some mentally disturb person has a cigarette lighter can do to that ship. Anyway, it seems by the what I saw of the TV camera persons allowed on the pier, might be 7 at the most. I counted 8 ambulances, might be more,but that is what is shown on tv. Also a Japanese navel vessel is next to it and more likely monitoring the messages going in and out.
Keep in mind, many of these people are on meds and if told something and go against authorities , they may just wind up on the last on totem pole of getting necessary medication. The Japanese don't mess around in times like this. This at the dock is more in the Japanese military hands at the moment. The TV casters are strictly told what they can film and why, when and where. You won't see hundred of foreign journalist on the dock. At least so far I haven't even seen one. That should tell you something. Of course, I don't have my eyes glued to the tv screen also.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beltalowda
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Speaking of crows

Twitter

this is all I can think of:

jokes aside, the only thing that comes to mind that will attract these amount of crows is food, as in corpses.
edit on 10-2-2020 by hades84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
I'm beginning to think this is all going to be, as an infamous poster on here called, a "nothing burger".

This is week what? and we still only have 1 death outside China.

Fair enough but its the reaction (some call it over reaction) that has kept this down to one so Ill take a nothing burger again and again rather than be totally unprepared (but being honest I was always prepared)

The Chinese Communist government did nothing or tried to keep quiet thats why they are in this position

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
www.sandiegouniontribune.com...

San Diego County’s first coronavirus case mistakenly released from hospital

A botched test result allowed an evacuee infected with the coronavirus to leave a San Diego hospital Monday after initially being told by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that they were in the clear.

It was not immediately clear what route the infected evacuee took out of the university hospital nor which of UCSD’s two main medical centers was involved. It also was not clear how long the infected evacuee was circulating inside quarantine after being told they tested negative. CDC, university and county health officials were not immediately available Monday night to comment.

edit on 10-2-2020 by that1lurker because: added headline

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Has there been any further development with the cruise ship in NJ?

The 4 suspected carriers were tested, cleared and the ship sent on its way to the Carribbean..

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hades84

I wonder if all the spraying they've done killed a lot of the insects and rodents. That could also be whats attracting the crows.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: ShortBus
I'm beginning to think this is all going to be, as an infamous poster on here called, a "nothing burger".

This is week what? and we still only have 1 death outside China.

Fair enough but its the reaction (some call it over reaction) that has kept this down to one so Ill take a nothing burger again and again rather than be totally unprepared (but being honest I was always prepared)

The Chinese Communist government did nothing or tried to keep quiet thats why they are in this position

I’m going to go out on a limb knowing full well this could come back and haunt me here

By saying this is probs the most significant TSHF moment in ATS history, and we don’t even have a dedicated forum for it l, we will

Supposing China somehow contains this virus, leaving a map for the rest of the world to follow in order to contains this outbreak...

Places with poor healthcare systems still wouldn’t stand a chance, let’s assume western governments follow the Chinese map to containment... its still got millions of deaths written all over it, and I don’t believe we’d fair any better than the Chinese with their massive manpower, resources and draconian abilities

We will remember this like we did 9/11 at the very least... and at the very most, the world will remember it as the last Spanish flu pandemic....Only slightly worst due to the interconnected planet we live in, places like Africa or the ME or South America, if it gets there, it’s going to be chaos, and the rest of the world will have their hands full making the effects even more greater

Either way it is absolutely NOT!!! a nothing burger Event 🍔
edit on 10-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I cant suggest it would be any different in the US. I do think the US would likely allow news coverage by the major networks, but they are so controlled in the US that they would only report what the feds told them to (and by feds I mean the extra-political side of our government.. the deep state, hidden hand, etc)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

a reply to: weirdguy

Did ya?

It's ok, I figured out how to report the offending post seeming you would not.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I cant suggest it would be any different in the US. I do think the US would likely allow news coverage by the major networks, but they are so controlled in the US that they would only report what the feds told them to (and by feds I mean the extra-political side of our government.. the deep state, hidden hand, etc)

So in a way, I actually or what was told to me is the truth. I did mention I won't report rumors or any BS and I what I said was on TV at noon today. I do appreciate your feed back also. Good stuff there.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Yes, unfortunately we didn’t get to speak longer so I could get more details different from what we have.

I didn’t want to push the issue with her having 2 kids and being away from her family and husband etc.

She did say quarantine was comfortable and the food was ok verging on good.

My wife will continue to chat with her as much as able.

I got the feeling her phone time was limited and maybe monitored. But maybe that’s my tin foil hat speaking.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
One person in my household works at a large tech company in California. Over the past week the employees have been instructed to check their home internet speed and report back to managers with screenshots of the results. They are being told they are all being transitioned to temporarily working from home starting in the next week or so.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I appreciate your reports so much! Your eye-witness accounts and notes from your local new broadcasts give us a glimpse into what it is like where you are. I always seek out your daily reports. Please stay well, and keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Has there been any further development with the cruise ship in NJ?

The 4 suspected carriers were tested, cleared and the ship sent on its way to the Carribbean..

www.cnn.com...

I hold no faith in these tests when they’re done early doors so to speak

I think they need to change testing time to around 14 days of possible infection date, we have many cases of testing done on suspected cases, where the kit failed to diagnose until the 2/3/4 attempt as patients began to show presenting symptoms

Not until the incubation period is up, do people know they’re unwell to take themselves to A&E

And the other are none-symptomatic spreaders, no symptoms at all during the entire illness while spreading to dozens of other, perhaps this means it’s completely undetectable during incubation period hence the 14 day quarantine western governments are taking before using the limited kits available

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tlearyus
a reply to: TritonTaranis

This video needs some serious fact checking and verification.

Not sure if this video is some serious click bait or not, but this is what they say about themselves.

NTD is the expert in creating social community around high impact, positive, brand-safe content. We use technology and smart digital innovation to serve optimized, high-quality content to our audience, wherever they are. This draws a loyal, engaged audience of globally-minded and influential people who passionately interact with and share our content. NTD’s social platforms have grown exponentially since January 2017, inspiring over 60 million Facebook fans. NTD generates 3.9 billion video views every month.

NTD | About Us

That definitely does need more verification. That was quite the long dialogue over the phone with the funeral home. I know nothing of the Chinese language but the lady did not at all sound like an actress.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

If the situation ever gets to the point where you belive you might be sent to a detention center, take all medicines with you in the original container from the pharmacy. Without that container you will not get refills until you get to see a doctor. Even if you know the name of the medicine, strength and dosage you will not get it.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Movie level road block running in China

Twitter

Appears posted in last 24 hrs on WeChat.

new topics

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join