It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

went out and picked up a new PC build and TV this weekend, grabbed everything, monitor, RAM, 55 inch

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Yeah okay maybe. Maybe not? I mean Godzilla, Meteor 2020, aliens etc. aren’t the only things that fit this bill.

Maybe I overspoke, but I’m thinking about the possibility of the imminent and surreal collapse of society and modern civilization, so what term works for just that specific description?

I’m sticking with mine Fallout 2020: Don’t Cough On Me

DLC coming up next year: FO: Pho Cough

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Had to switch over to my phone to make this post due to the strange coincidence of my internet service going out as soon as I performed a search for, "coronavirus," at the Beta Sam website.

Of potential interest are the following two entries:

BIOFIRE DIAGNOSTICS, LLC
36C25020F0435 (0)

Date Signed
Feb 04, 2020

Description of Requirement
BIOFIRE RFIT-ASY-0124 TEST KIT FOR CORONAVIRUS

Award Page

And

Contract Opportunity Type: Presolicitation (Original)
All Dates/Times are: (UTC-05:00) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, NEW YORK, USA
Original Published Date: Jan 25, 2020 11:46 pm EST
Original Response Date: Jan 27, 2020 09:00 am EST
Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
Original Inactive Date: Feb 11, 2020
Initiative:
None

Description
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office of Public Health and Preparedness Response (OPHPR) in Atlanta, Georgia, intends to negotiate a sole source contract with Qiagen, LLP, under authority of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 6.302-1, Other Than Full and Open Competition procedures and FAR Part 13, Simplified Acquisition Procedures, for the acquisition of laboratory equipment and installation services. The equipment is required for laboratory testing related to the coronavirus response. CDC must use the same equipment to standardize testing results. Only Qiagen manufactures this equipment.

Notice of Intent to Award Sole Source Purchase Order to Qiagen

As soon as my landline internet comes back up, I'll scratch around a bit more on these and see if anything else of interest falls out.
edit on 10-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link tag

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Doctors here have seen the same post quoting “experts” ( no sources given) as saying 24 days incubation , our doctors response is which experts?, there’s been no answer to the doctor on the name of who said this but is believed rumor apparently started for someone saying that test results can give false negative which( possibly zhong nanshan not sure no source quoted)
But given the test To confirm 2019-ncov is a biological pcr test and doesn’t give false result ( this test is also used to detect hiv in transfused blood etc) so that’s 100% debunked buy our doctor

Edit: what’s a pcr test?
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Included link to define pcr test

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Useful when they switch off the internet and power

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Never-mind
edit on 2/10/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: slatesteam

This is not an extinction level event.

Well, based on Triton's predictions, at least 20% of ATS members will die. So it kinda is.

Don’t talk crap

You should be laughed of the forum for suggesting people collapse in n95 mask

Go find me that warning on their product please?

I’m neither suggesting 20% of this forum will die

I’m saying something very simple, GET PREPARED

DONT PANIC

You’re starting to sound like the CCP 2 months ago before the outbreak

My opinion is this... it’s a pandemic, it’s already out of control, people should stock up on long life foods for at least 6 months to a year, this is impossible to carry obviously, as mentioned I’m bugging out somewhere remote, because I’ve researched, so think about alternative methods, crops to grow maybe, I think people should prepare now is all, one two weeks from now is too late, so grab that information, I’ve been visiting this site since I was 16 I’m now 38 I’ve never been one for fear mongering feel free to check

I’m simply relaying information to people here who have their heads screwed on, you’re downplaying this hugely along with others which is dangerous, there is nothing wrong with being prepared when this virus keeps surprising the international community,, if you love your family and want to ensure their safety then you should definitely not listen to somebody who thinks people can pass out in a n95 dust mask on a grand scale lol

LAUGHABLE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER Just lies lies lies from you

Granted I’ve been caught out 1/2 times in my 100+ posts in here with disinformation, mass graves etc... mostly due to lack of sleep, I’m trying to bring ATS as much information as possible to digest analyse between us, I’m not here to spread fear, I’m passing it on because I know this forum is full of great people and great minds capable of siphoning off the crap and tear apart to move forward with as we can’t trust CCP & WHO

This forums is awesome at that, and I’m willing to listen to you also, I’m willing to listen to cooler heads, but not when you suggest n95 masks cause mass collapses lol no way that’s part of my daily PPE

edit on 10-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28

Useful when they switch off the internet and power

I'm not panicking

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There is now a growing list of very wealthy people making significant donations to fight the corona virus.
1. Bill and Melinda Gates through their foundation. Late January it was $10 million. The an additional $100 million was donated in February.
2. LiKa-Shing in Hong Kong has just donated $13 million. This has just been announced.

I hunted around to see who else has made donations.

3. Jack Ma through the Jack Ma Foundation. Late January $14.4 million
4.Logistico subsidiary of Cainiao Global
5. Tencent Charity Foundation
6. Alibaba is also offering loans and free services for people affected by the corona virus.
7. U.S. $100 million
I looked up who made donations during the SARS outbreak. I couldn't find anyone!
There were donations made for the Ebola outbreak.

So what changed?
www.scmp.com
Google
washington post.com

edit on 10-2-2020 by Thoughtful1 because: Forgot website links

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

And like most charitable functions supported by the wealthy, most of the money will be stolen by the directors of the charities.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

There’s always taking out the car battery and charging with solar or well we’ve enough wind power for a year here atm!, and using an inverter to play your fav zombie first person shoot em up

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Yep, the city listings is gone too

On WuFlu.Live,
* Shanghai shows as it's own province in the "Mainland China" country
* Hong Kong shows as it's own country - although it is technically a "Special Administrative Region" (SAR) of China.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: TritonTaranis

the initial incubation was 14 days, now those on the frontline are saying 24

I've still only seen 1 source that says up to 24 days incubation period and that source (posted a few pages back) does not provide any context for why they had "up to 24 days" for the incubation period.

What am I missing here?

If I wrote a tweet about incubation period being 50 days, TritonTaranis would accept it and report it everywhere because it's the highest number, thus it sparks sensationalism.

Isn’t 14 days enough to worry about?

JESUS CHRIST

Don’t worry, Necrose likes to think they’re important and knowledgeable. If you’re lucky you’ll get a maths lesson too.

They’re here for a reason and that reason is simply to derail and sow discontent. Quite pathetic. Take my advice, do not engage or respond to them.

24 days has been mentioned but not confirmed. 14 days is quite frightening alone. I imagine we will learn more soon.

Anyway, just ignore the fool.

link   
I see Necrose is still coping with his internal hysteria by machinegun posting and getting absolutely rattled to the core by people just discussing possibilities and implications. You'll probably be okay man. Relax. We know you're worried but you should make it, whatever may happen. You don't have to convince yourself if you know you'll be okay.

I'm trying to put you at ease so don't hit me with the witty snark and oh so stoic and unbothered smiley spam, which I'm sure you will anyway.

link   
a reply to: OhankaThat is a sad thought. Maybe this time the situation is so serious things will be different.
Hopefully they are not just doing it for publicity and an "Oh look at me!" moment.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Could you please tell me how I can post without just replying to posts. Really appreciate some help.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No a reply to: butcherguy

Exactly that

Don’t take the 24 days incubation as gospel just know the 14 days is closer

That alone suggests the healthcare system is going to be massively overwhelmed

But consider this

The first case was December the 1st 2019

The outbreak was around jan 2020

February the numbers were astronomical

It could very well be true

Somebody said in here believe nothing you hear and half of what you see, that’s how I’m treating it, I’m going for over 14 days no longer than 24 Because what we see is a virus running rampant across the globe

Now consider event 201

Not even they predicted this and they were the best we had to similar the next pandemic, and so far the international community has been playing to the same rulebook, but they never simulated something with such high R naught or incubation periods, and they never envisioned an outbreak from the most active country in the world like China, it was simulated from South America, they predicted huge death toll from that, we haven’t simulated this, were 2/3 steps behind already

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Latest WuFlu.Live numbers, with some break-down around numbers associated with China specifically:

World-Wide:
Confirmed: 40659
Deaths: 910
Recovered: 3592

Mainland China:
Confirmed: 40202 (~99% of World-Wide)
Deaths: 908
Recovered: 3549

Hubei Province: Where Wuhan is located.
Confirmed: 29631 (~73% of World-Wide, ~74% of Mainland-China).
Deaths: 871
Recovered: 1795

Beijing Province:
Confirmed: 337
Deaths: 2
Recovered: 44

Shanghai Province:
Confirmed: 299
Deaths: 1
Recovered: 48

Hong Kong: SAR, not included in "Mainland China".
Confirmed: 38
Deaths: 1
Recovered: 0

edit on 2020-2-10 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixen typs and formtting

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Bet that won't stop Samsung from bringing out there brand new phone! I do wonder though if the masses will still be lining up in the streets to get their hands on one.

If this virus isn't contained and people are still worried about the new phones coming out, I'll eat my hat!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Rev

new topics

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join