It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It also points to another issue -- how many orphans will this possibly create?

Many children are from older parents these days.

link   
Wonder why Japan is getting more cases then other places and the number from Russia has to be false just 2 ?
edit on 2/10/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

link   
The Manchester thing is either from way back in January because of some hazzard at somebody's home, or as the replies to the tweet says....NOT coronavirus linked...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is this giving anyone else flashbacks to the Denver Airport murals?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

HA! Meanwhile back at the culling ranch, international pressure has been mounting behind the Oz curtain to get “China back to work”

only things working (overtime)
are the crematoriums...

Irony? palpable. Hypocrisy? dripping. Greed? per usual.

Fear? Warranted......

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
a reply to: Oppenheimer67
The news link Textnews.sky.comnews.sky.com has something very important that is slipping under the radar.
Many are just focusing on the illness and how countries are responding [which is very important] but...
Which companies know more of what is occurring around the world?Textwhich companies know more of what is going on in the world?
Look at the end articles linked with this story.
"All the Ways China's Coronavirus Outbreak is Affecting Tech." Feb 10/20

Amazon has pulled out of the "Mobile World Congress" to be held in Barcelona due to concerns about the coronavirus. I was curious which other companies have changed plans.
Ericsson, LG, Nvida,NTT Docomo [Japan's largest wireless carrier] and Am
docs[Israel softwear provider].
Usually there are 500-600 attendees. No one is permitted from Wuhan province and any Chinese nationals must prove that they have not been on the mainland in the past 2 weeks.
No one can shake hands and the microphone is to be cleaned between speakers.
This is just now being reported by Business Insider but The Verge had reported this earlier.

Probably others will also pull out now that the really large companies have signaled that it is not safe.

Amazon Cloud computing would be a highlight there. Amazon is in a very good position with first hand knowledge at all types of information from what consumers are purchasing, what is trending but even more important what are companies such as health services buying?!

I'm sure they know a lot. Just look at the social media and google scrubbing that is going on. Controlling the narrative. Tried, tested, perfected during elections.

By the lack of response from governments, it is tempting to believe they are not concerned with the pandemic, they are more concerned with looking the part now, playing it cool, keeping order, "invest in us", "everyone else is over-reacting". Meanwhile stockpiling resources for when the facade can no longer be maintained. Those in power can then come out of their hidy-holes once all has died down, and with the whole world as their oyster, they can put the survivors back to work.

I think us survivors might have a few things to say about that...

Another possibility is they know full well we will be spreading the word amongst ourselves with more combined brain power and valuable info and than they could ever put together and get out. We are many, they are few. So they 'let' us do our thing, while they look after the markets for as long as possible. I still think this shows their loyalties are with big business though rather than the cost in lives - unless by the time they knew about it, it was already too late. But still, borders remain open, maximum effort is certainly not going into containment and slowing down transmission.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Tempussolo

Be careful with non-peer reviewed stuff. One of those convinced everyone they were getting AIDS from this too.

Totally agree however if a major otherwise reliable news source published it, I'm not the one responsible for the accuracy. He asked for a link and I provided one from another wise acceptable source.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Guys the incubation period is now 24 days

Linky?

www.independent.co.uk...

States;
The findings, which have not yet been peer reviewed

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo

Guys the incubation period is now 24 days

Linky?

www.independent.co.uk...

Thanks. That is definitely not definitive. It plainly says the median incubation period is 3 days, then adds in parenthesis (0-24 days) without explaining how they arrived at the 24 day max range.

More importantly, the numbers are actually encouraging - 3 day average incubation period is much better than 14 days, and of the 1,099 patients in the study, only 55 (5.00%) were admitted to intensive care unit, and only 15 (1.36%) died.

Any deaths are bad, yes, but those numbers, compared to the fear-mongering going on right now by some here, are not really that scary.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Optimal
Here's the thing though, the date she returned from Thailand, was the 19th of January. She first reported symptoms on the 25th or 26th if I remember correctly. Now think about the time window here. This woman caught the virus in Thailand, BEFORE the 19th of January.

You don't know that. She could easily have caught it on the return flight on the 19th.

On that date this thing was only getting properly started in China,

? Everything I've see says it was early December, and lots of evidence that it started earlier, in November or even October.

and there were ZERO cases in Thailand.

ZERO known cases.

It is interesting, and worth looking into further, but that is all.

Didn't see anything reported about Chinese or travelers from China on her flight. If you can find that post it here.

PROPERLY started, as in exponential progression and gaining momentum. Globally this virus hasn't even properly gotten going yet and won't for a while.

Obviously zero known cases. Since we're talking about reported numbers that goes without saying lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I agree

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
answered already
edit on 10-2-2020 by JackBenimbel because: answered already

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
Manchester linky

twitter.com...

That is one case. The OP made it sound like this was happening all over.

Again... fear-mongering does no one any good.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIrvy2

Those are portents. Like Contagion The Stand and now
“Eyes of Darkness” by D Koontz (use to love him and John Saul as a kid, maybe that’s what happened to me...)

The magic of those Wizards of Oz, only work if it’s in our faces without being overt. Obviously we’ve seen the hand over the eye, the number 33 (in various forms), and “Order from Chaos” In every damn sci-fi show and movie for like the last decade or two.

Lift the veil and it doesn’t work so well. Educate yourselves. It doesn’t make sense at all. Until it does....

F the DIA airport and its predictive programming of doom...

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Puzzle pieces

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It's based on what Chinese researchers have recently discovered, and for proof, they link to someone's tweet that is putting up a tweet in Chinese. There is also the link to the non-peer reviewed study.

They may have a case, but again, we have to be careful with non-peer reviewed stuff. Everyone is rushing to push up any little scrap of anything right now, and there is bound to be stuff that will be wrong or put in the wrong context (HIV proteins anyone?).

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
a reply to: Oppenheimer67
The news link Textnews.sky.comnews.sky.com has something very important that is slipping under the radar.
Many are just focusing on the illness and how countries are responding [which is very important] but...
Which companies know more of what is occurring around the world?Textwhich companies know more of what is going on in the world?
Look at the end articles linked with this story.
"All the Ways China's Coronavirus Outbreak is Affecting Tech." Feb 10/20

Amazon has pulled out of the "Mobile World Congress" to be held in Barcelona due to concerns about the coronavirus. I was curious which other companies have changed plans.
Ericsson, LG, Nvida,NTT Docomo [Japan's largest wireless carrier] and Am
docs[Israel softwear provider].
Usually there are 500-600 attendees. No one is permitted from Wuhan province and any Chinese nationals must prove that they have not been on the mainland in the past 2 weeks.
No one can shake hands and the microphone is to be cleaned between speakers.
This is just now being reported by Business Insider but The Verge had reported this earlier.

Probably others will also pull out now that the really large companies have signaled that it is not safe.

Amazon Cloud computing would be a highlight there. Amazon is in a very good position with first hand knowledge at all types of information from what consumers are purchasing, what is trending but even more important what are companies such as health services buying?!

While I'm not saying you are wrong; but an issue with using that metric is that companies, especially in the last few years, have gotten very risk adverse with their human capital. Especially bigger companies like Amazon.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Guys the incubation period is now 24 days They’re taking people out of houses in Manchester UK in full bio suits It’s here and it’s all over the US and Europe

I keep seeing this in posts here on ATS but Google isn't being helpful... can someone provide a source please for the 24-day incubation period?

I believe the 24 incubation period comes from this paper
www.medrxiv.org...
"The median incubation period was 3.0 days (range, 0 to 24.0 days)"

link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Do you have a source or link for this please?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Agree, and have others have pointed out we take that with grain of salt. That said

1. 1. The Independent isn't 'Weekly World News' and is an otherwise respected news source.
  2. 2. That was the headline for a respected news service, not mine.
  3. 3. The 'suspected' longer incubation goes a long way in explaining some cases and dates that do not seem to line up.

edit on 10-2-2020 by Tempussolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Yep, the city listings is gone too

Shanghai and Beijing are important to watch - need to find a new source of infections

I think China is going to tighten their grip on information. The outbreak caught them off guard, but they have taken measures.. Arresting leakers, intimidating others. If you look at sulfur emission clouds, you can see where they are burning material. Beijing is VERY active on those maps.

new topics

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join