It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: tanstaafl
Says, looking at the “12” in USA for the last week

You have evidence there are more?

A week to process a test, multiple tests required to obtain "positive", up three days to publicly report - kinda says the "12" number is severe underestimation of potential cases in U.S.

Color me skeptical just based on simple points above.

TPTB have every reason to slow walk case numbers,

1. Stock Market
2. Main Street Economy
3. International Trade
4. International Travel
5. Loss to Big Business Value
6. Major Business Bankruptcy
7. Need for Quarantine
8. Domestic Travel Restriction
9. Medical Martial Law
10. Political Stability
11. Panic

None that or all could happen and not in order I put them in. My view is if there is money on the line then there is motive, if money and power is combined there is motive with action, if money, power and politics are combined all bets are off.

Right now I have no reason to believe any Government or Agency's published numbers but sure have seen much to have me distrust them as complete hogwash.

This is not so much what I believe, just running it up the flagpole to see who salutes it, so to speak. But, isn't there an election coming up soon here in America? If we were under some sort of pandemic/lockdown, there probably wouldn't be any elections held, would there? And we all know there is a group out there who definitely don't want a certain President in office any longer than he has to be. If the numbers were kept small, life would go on as normal until elections. This is a conspiracy website, so I thought I'd do my part and participate - ha. Other than that, I got nothin'. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benjicleo

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: new_here

Oh no! 3 ft ...

All right, stop it.

Everyone get a ruler, just a standard 12" ruler. That is 1 foot. Lay it end to end 3 times. That is 3 feet. That's your danger zone.

No one has said since the start that this thing cannot pass through close contact transmission via the air. What is going on is that you are likely getting infected sputum, it is most likely to happen through coughs and sneezes.

What goes up, must come down. It will not defy gravity and just hang out in the air. If it did that, everywhere in the world would literally be on fire with this thing right now. There would be no stopping it. The man in Washington would have infected dozens, but it seems he infected *NO ONE*. The lady in Illinois would have gotten more than just her husband, limited movement or not.

Those people would have literally infected dozens more and so on and so forth. By now, there would be massive outbreaks raging in the upper midwest and Pacific Northwest.

You are more likely to catch it from someone who has it touching a surface with their nasty hands and then you do it.

This thing still spreads more like the common cold and flu than anything else, and those are plenty bad enough, and yes, they do spread through the air within close proximity which is why you tend to share them with your family once one of you brings it home.

That's not how this disease works.

This was true up until about 2 hours ago with Chinese officials confirming it is now airborne!
www.news.com.au...

We knew it was air borne 3 days ago. Was on tv and showed that the human cough does travel up to one meter/3 feet. The air borne particles have a life span of ...? won't say because I have nothing to back it up. Also talked about the use of public toilets, mask and eye wear. Since then, most Japanese are a lot more concerned, but no panic other then buying mask has set in.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

We use stuff like this to save time, increase pathogenicity, ensure what we want to happen does happen.

Usually they are tuned to a specific animal model or humanized animal model. We also use all kinds of techniques to make the target tissue more visible like when we insert tomato genes into tissue to make it fluorescent under certain lighting to make disease progression more visible.

People also take shortcuts when they get comfortable, we’ve had people exposed to all kinds of agents then find out they were trying to quickly finish something to rush out of the lab. Lab staff a notorious for regulatory violations.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I believe governments, at least US and UK know what is going on. Whether they initiated it, who can say. Ha, who can say, maybe WHO can.

What I mean to say is, I wonder if they know outbreak is imminent. There is nothing that can be done to stop it. Ceasing all international travel could have given a fighting chance and saved millions of lives. But that would have caused markets to crash at home even before China's.

The idea is to keep trading strong, try to be the last man standing in that sense. Nothing to see here, the rest of the world has gone mad, but we are "strong and stable".

The cost in domestic lives will be immense, but those in power will be in a more powerful position once all is said and done. They can take back power with all their hoarded resources, bought with our money and our lives and put the survivors back to work.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

Thank you, I will look that up when I get to work tomorrow. There have to be tons of labs doing this, even in China.

It looks interesting, now I want to read the entire study and who else worked on it from other institutions or referenced it.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

“Strong and stable” as quoted from threasa may
lol, we all know how that worked out *facepalm*

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: DanDanDat

We use stuff like this to save time, increase pathogenicity, ensure what we want to happen does happen.

Usually they are tuned to a specific animal model or humanized animal model. We also use all kinds of techniques to make the target tissue more visible like when we insert tomato genes into tissue to make it fluorescent under certain lighting to make disease progression more visible.

People also take shortcuts when they get comfortable, we’ve had people exposed to all kinds of agents then find out they were trying to quickly finish something to rush out of the lab. Lab staff a notorious for regulatory violations.

Crazy the stuff that goes on in labs. You get comfortable. You get dangerous. I was often wandering back and forth with 4 litres of chloroform. Few weeks later I dreamt I dropped it and it smashed. Most realistic dream of dying I've ever had.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just got this notice on the Chase app in the travel section.

Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are unable to book travel to China. We may be experiencing high call volumes; if your travel is not immediate, please consider calling back later.”

It was a site wide notice, I wasn’t looking to book a trip to China.
edit on 2/9/2020 by Gumshoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

“Strong and stable” as quoted from threasa may
lol, we all know how that worked out *facepalm*

exactly...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
4th U.K. patient
news.sky.com...
Related to France case from contact to Singapore and tested positive in Edinburgh, traces via contacts of the French case ( note I think Edinburgh has just been redacted from that article !)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Great overview on Aerosolized Coronavirus:

edit on 9-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ugh...

I have 4 people in my office today turn up with flu like symptoms.

we have the bank of China in our building (they use the same elevators as us, every, single,day)

no one is taking this seriously...

ffs

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop this link has some good info on the Hong Kong cases.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The number of suspected cases has dropped significantly: from 28,942 yesterday to 23,589 today. Despite that, 4,008 suspected cases were added, which means many of the previous ones were ruled out

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
ugh...

I have 4 people in my office today turn up with flu like symptoms.

we have the bank of China in our building (they use the same elevators as us, every, single,day)

no one is taking this seriously...

ffs

Is your work really that important?
I did mention on one of my threads that the Chinese are using toothpicks to push the buttons on the elevator. They have foam pad with hundreds of toothpicks and then they drop them in a bag.

Maybe you should start a trend and post a video for Americans to see what is in store for them if the situation gets out of hand. Seriously, I'm not joking.
I'll be visiting the University Hospital today and be using a toothpick. I'll see what the reactions are. By the way I'm serious. Be picking up a box of mask also. I wonder if I could get a Japanese to take a picture of me do it and post here on the forum.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Ok...this is ONE HELL OF A COINCIDENT!!!!

Now I understand why conspiracy theorist exist

This exercise was conducted and in 2018 and predicted cancelling in person voting.

Its 2020.....the same may happen during the 2020 Presidential Election if things continue ....

This is also a great example of why CT's have a tendency to go off the deep end.

Your training scenario references possibly canceling in person voiting in 2018. I see two years worth of problems with that.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
Just wanted to drop this link has some good info on the Hong Kong cases.

My friend and his Chinese wife lives there and he refuses to bring up the subject. He says I worry too much and nothing is happening in Hong Kong.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
China reports 3,062 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 97 new deaths .

www.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Yup, certain elements may believe destruction of domestic U.S. economy might negate Trumps biggest advantage.

Of course none that matters if a victim of nCoV

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This story one of the infected told the hospital...

6 (Confirmed)

Hospitalised

Age 47 Male

Imported

Onset date

2020-01-21

Confirmed date

2020-01-26

Place of residence

Hong Kong

Hospital admitted

Princess Margaret Hospital

The patient claimed to have worked as an accountant in Wuhan but was later found to be a cashier in a market in Baishazhou city, Wuchang district, Wuhan. He reported to Ruttonjee Hospital about having been bitten by a dog and received rabies vaccine on Jan 23. He did not have a fever on Jan 23. The patient was found to have developed a fever on Jan 24 and then hospitalised the next day.

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join