It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

You would also do that if it lives on surfaces and you were just generally trying to decontaminate the entire city because you had no idea what surfaces had been touched and which ones hadn't.

Every corona virus is transmitted through the air to some degree. Even ebola can be transmitted through airborne droplets. Sir next to a guy who is coughing and sneezing infected sputum all over and you can get contaminated by it. Walk down the street with one, and you are far less likely to be hit by it. Let that same man have the measles though and everyone on the street is in trouble.

This isn't the measles, and neither are the normal cold and flu. All three can pass through infected sputum coughed or sneezed on you though.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

thats pretty on-point and scary if all the claims are true.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

It also could be ChiCom propaganda looking to confuse the issue that one of their experiments got loose AGAIN

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The swine epidemic has hit China really, really hard and they've had a very tough time getting enough protein to all their people.

While my husband's company looks for ways to reduce their animal testing as much as possible, there are just some things you need to test in animals, and when you're done, there is nothing else you can do with those animals, so they are sacrificed and burned. It's harsh and no one likes it. It's expensive and it's a waste in every way that everyone knows. But right now, there are just no substitutes for live animals tests in some areas.

OK, I guess we could just pop a dose into your pet for the very first time and let them test it, but I digress ...

At any rate, you're talking about a country that is experiencing a shortage of animal protein, and a place where animals that seem to be otherwise 100% fine are being sacrificed and burned. We're talking about an awful lot of temptation there ...

edit on 8-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: confiden
My mother in law is going on a cruise tomorrow (Against my advice.. Bless her heart!). Interesting to mention that the cruise line contacted all passengers to let them know anyone with recent travel history to Asia will not be allowed to board the ship. Will contribute if I learn more

Does she realize many countries are banning port docking in their countries. I guess the cruise liner knows what it is doing at the present time.
What port is she leaving at. Seems like Europe is still is OK, but in Asia, tough times now.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

So based on firsthand reports it seems they are spraying thier version of Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Disposable Wipe and spraying it which seems a dubious way to go about it IMHO but may point to the levels of desperation they are at

We use it int he hospital and its harsh stuff and it will kill this virus but only on a wet surface that soaks for 2 minutes

I'm not sure it works that way or perhaps they are using something new. Ill bet in 10 years we will see some sort of odd cancer spike in that area from this

pdihc.com...

It also points to the fact this virus definitely is aerosolised which is a terrifying thing to think of, when this virus takes hold because of its long undetectability durations, and long incubation period the location becomes a cloud of deadly CoronaVirus, which explains why China also locked down cities, China obviously knew this for a while and failed to alert the international community

Which could also support the bio weapon leak theory

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I can't argue with her too much, she said there are doctors on board so all will be fine
. I think they leave from Fort Lauderdale

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

It also could be ChiCom propaganda looking to confuse the issue that one of their experiments got loose AGAIN

It's probable considering Beyond Meat, this is just China's version of engineered meat...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

A little civility goes a long way....

Go after the ball not the player.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Food rations per household currently in Wuhan

Blurry image, but cameras were not permitted Food rations per household, you may notice there is no meat, maybe due to the recent #H5N1 outbreak, #africanswinefever or the starvation of livestock due to #coronavirus, hard to tell why...why do you think there isnt meat?

twitter.com...

So that’s what looks like one carrot 🥕 two potatoes 🥔 🥔 and 3 umm whatever those are 🥒

Thank god im sitting on half a ton on tinned food, 50KG of rice and 15kg of pasta lol

My tingling spiny tin foil hat is going again, thinking out loud here, but how convenient is the H5N1 outbreak, yes we've survived nCoV ... oh dam here comes famine

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Cucumber. That is how they grow in China. Quite tasty.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: confiden

I can't argue with her too much, she said there are doctors on board so all will be fine
. I think they leave from Fort Lauderdale

My 63 year old dad leaves on a cruise in Fort Lauderdale tomorrow too, let’s hope for a safe voyage for anyone in the Caribbean!

He is off for two weeks

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I've been watching the Corona virus news for over a month....and immediately started watching the ATS posts. Like others, I had kind of dropped off ATS for a while because of all the political stuff. But I knew where to go for real discussion on this topic.

So, these cruise ships are alarming and also telling. Now I know in the past few years there have been "sick" ships, but I don't recall the passengers being put on lock down at port for 2 weeks. Am I remembering it wrong? Also, is it me, or does it seem unprecedented that China has gone on lock down? I don't believe the numbers of dead or infected that are being reported. It must be so much worse. It's like I'm watching a disaster movie.

Also, thank you to those posted about edimine, I'm planning to buy some....I'll do anything to try to stay ahead of the game. I also have been buying water, and elderberry syrup and taking it each day to boost my immune system. I hope it helps. I have been uber aware of the people in my office that are coughing and have colds....i'm washing my hands like crazy!

I know I have read many times that it's not if, but a matter of when, this would happen. I won't be surprised if it gets worse before it gets better. Best of luck to all of us.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

My "tingling spiny tin foil hat" hasn't gone off for more than 10 years, but it is also now flapping. We just had several swarms of earthquakes on the Caribbean Plate. So it goes.

Remember if you are in an area with a warm ambient temperature, all grains and dried grain products should be put in the freezer for 24-hours to kill weevil eggs. I usually put flour and such in a ziplock and write on the ziplock the date when I froze it. Food products so treated will never grow flour weevils. Even rice and dried beans sometimes develop weevils. Freeze it all for 24 hours, then store it wherever you like.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Chengdu in Sichuan Province just placed on lockdown. +14 million into lockdown numbers.

Zerohedge

I used the Zerohedge link because they collected a bunch of Tweets from good sources. I'm seeing the same things posted on WeChat and then wiped a few minutes later.

+89 Deaths
811 Total

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's public health ministry reported seven new cases of the coronavirus on Saturday, including three Thais and four Chinese.

The new cases brought the total reported in the country to 32, among the world's highest number of infections outside of China.

"The seven new cases are all in hospital," said Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of the Disease Control Department.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

My "tingling spiny tin foil hat" hasn't gone off for more than 10 years, but it is also now flapping. We just had several swarms of earthquakes on the Caribbean Plate. So it goes.

Remember if you are in an area with a warm ambient temperature, all grains and dried grain products should be put in the freezer for 24-hours to kill weevil eggs. I usually put flour and such in a ziplock and write on the ziplock the date when I froze it. Food products so treated will never grow flour weevils. Even rice and dried beans sometimes develop weevils. Freeze it all for 24 hours, then store it wherever you like.

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of weevils, I’ll get researching that right now, many thanks for that and anymore useful tips would be appreciated, I’m not treating this lightly, as mentioned before a few more cases in certain part close to me and in outta here, I don’t think my government is anywhere near prepaid to deal with this on the scale China has gone to with no avail

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Chengdu in Sichuan Province just placed on lockdown. +14 million into lockdown numbers.

Zerohedge

I used the Zerohedge link because they collected a bunch of Tweets from good sources. I'm seeing the same things posted on WeChat and then wiped a few minutes later.

+89 Deaths
811 Total

Ok but be careful with Zerohedge.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Only did because Tweets in that post are good sources and I see it on WeChat.

We just got confirms from wife’s aunts, cousins and other family in and around Chengdu. Wife’s mother grew up there and family has deep roots back to 3 Kingdoms era in the city.

We’ve had to move to using more coded talking like “can your dog go out to play” instead of direct conversations.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is why you want to stock up/prep while you still can:

Shoppers at all NTUC FairPrice outlets will only be allowed to buy four packs of paper products, two bags of rice and four bundle packs of instant noodles per customer from Sunday (Feb 9).

www.channelnewsasia.com...
edit on 8-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join