It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

They are making a whole team around it. They even gave it a name, I can't remember it though. Here's just a snip.

"While the virus spreads, misinformation makes the job of our heroic health workers even harder. It is diverting the attention of decision makers. And it causes confusion and spreads fear to the general public," WHO Director General, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a press briefing. 

Ghebreyesus outlined a four pronged approach the WHO is undertaking to fight back.

"In essence, to fight the flood of misinformation, we are building a band of truth-tellers that disperse fact and debunk myths," Ghebreyesus added.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo
Here's the latest update from WuFlu.Live:

Confirmed: 35018
Deaths: 726
Recovered: 2402

Hope everyone is suitably annoyed with me for posting them.

Rev

Keep it up Rev, you’re doing great work, unlike our CCP friends and their tame dogs.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: celltypespecific

If confirmation of aerosol transmission for an hour in the wind doesn’t scare people, I don’t know what will.

This amounts to an admission by China that they have been fudging their numbers.

Exactly...let's get additional confirmation about aerosol transmission.
This is beyond terrifying (but explains China's extraordinary reaction)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312

They are making a whole team around it. They even gave it a name, I can't remember it though. Here's just a snip.

"While the virus spreads, misinformation makes the job of our heroic health workers even harder. It is diverting the attention of decision makers. And it causes confusion and spreads fear to the general public," WHO Director General, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a press briefing. 

Ghebreyesus outlined a four pronged approach the WHO is undertaking to fight back.

"In essence, to fight the flood of misinformation, we are building a band of truth-tellers that disperse fact and debunk myths," Ghebreyesus added.

What, conspiracy theorists are confusing the decision makers? Really? Then they need to get some new decision makers pronto. They could start by asking China for the actual figures - that might help. What they really don’t like and don’t want are people actively discussing this matter, digging for information and finding things out for themselves. Using this situation as yet another avenue to try and shut down internet freedoms is, well, it’s pretty abhorrent.
edit on 8-2-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Dr. Frank Plummer drops dead in Kenya.

BBC

He is the person alleged to have helped smuggle bio material from US and Canada to China.

I used this source but there are many others confirming this.

Winnipeg Free Press has an article about his arrest for possessing stolen bio materials. Funny thing, the lab didn’t report the materials stolen but he was caught at US border.

It’s behind a paywall though dang.

WFP

edit on 8-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

A little civility goes a long way....

Go after the ball not the player.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: MetalThunder
From Daily Mail , Feb 8 ,2020
Eighty -six people die of coronavirus in a DAY in China as Beijing begins mass arrest of sufferers and videos shows hazmat suit-clad goons dragging people from their homes as the death toll hits 724

On Friday it was revealed that China's central government ordered Wuhan to round up all suspected patients as well as their close contacts in mass quarantine camps.....

Dear God. I did hear some (dry coughs?)

People who are being offered medical help to save their lives ,don’t fight like this . People who are going to the gas chamber probably would.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be sad if they were using this pandemic as a partial false flag to shut down alternative media, creating an even tighter grip on who controls the news and main media narrative...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
I tried to listen to the WHO update..

They are having trouble combating the virus because decision makers attention is being diverted by "conspiracy theorist"

They have asked google, Facebook, Pinterest, weibo, etc to filter out info and support only "factual" info from the WHO and CDC.

They are working with "INSTAGRAM INFLUENCERS" to get out the "facts"..

Seriously how much of that 675million is being spent on Instagram idiots?

I had to turn it off.

IF what they claim is true, then we can assume that China and the W.H.O. are not providing the decision makers the true facts about what is happening, making them suspect the reports that come out of China and the W.H.O.. This is what happens when censorship and lying is used by TPTB (or any person for that matter). It is really sad that we got to the point where we can't trust our organizations that are financed by our taxes and are meant to be there to protect and inform us.

After all is over (hope for the best), China, the W.H.O. and also the Human Rights Watch Organization (that hasn't even been mentioned, maybe someone can explain why? Because I think they should've come forward by now because of all the censorship and detention of the Chinese people) should be held accountable for the mess.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

CCP doesn’t know the numbers. How could they when everyone is quarantined at home, hospitals are full, people dying alone at home, and they won’t accept help except supplies from anyone,

Truly horrifying what they are doing/not doing.

More people are picking up on the quadratic numbers now. Maybe with enough pressure we will get more baby step type admissions by the regime or Xi will get removed and scapegoated allowing a better but still not accurate picture to emerge.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I agree. Also, If they really are that diverted by online chatter that leaves me with a lot of questions and even more theory's.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Wow now that is worrisome . Making such a comment makes you wonder a reply to: GoldGlobal

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have a question, maybe a stupid silly one, but however I really would love to hear your opinion about it... There are members here that as I said before, I really like to read them with respect and attention... So here it goes :

What if, and please devil may be deaf, so.. Only in the vast mere of hipothesis, what if any of these two cruise ships full of pax forced to be off shore far away from Terra Firma, in quarantine started to have a technical failure, an accident, etc and that leads to a giant fire on board, start to sink, soooo...
What would be the reaction from the nearby authorities, coast guards, navys, etc... They simply wouldn't give a damn and let them facing their own fate, would forget all the Corona thing and goes in a rush helping them like in any other case... Like in air I'm pretty sure there are mandatory rules and protocols on the seas for when a ship sends any SOS...
Tks for your replies

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
A STUNNING and candid comment from the White House Corona Virus Task Force: "Don't use your masks now, because you won't have any left later when you need them." The remark was made during a public press conference in the White House Briefing Room, and was televised live by mass-media.

The remark was made during a public press conference in the White House Briefing Room, and was televised live by mass-media.

I listened to the whole briefing - it's near the end. I heard him say "if", not "when". Makes a huge difference to the intent of his words.
Around the 47m20s mark.
edit on 8/2/2020 by deltaalphanovember because: added time

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

"They are having trouble combating the virus because decision makers attention is being diverted by "conspiracy theorist"

You're only taking flak if you're over the target

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The other thing is that ever since the swine epidemic, China has been fighting to find protein for the population. They may very well be not too happy with showing the sheer variety of exotic meats on offer there.

I was led to believe these exotic meats are not on sale in large quantities in order to feed protein deprived people. It's more a delicacy kind of thing, with higher prices than conventionally eaten meats.

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join