It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneyAbout

400 million lockdown

Could be higher, it’s debatable about Beijing and Shanghai being in lockdown tho.

65+ million in strict quarantine

That’s about 35% of the current population estimates.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rheowen
Coronavirus update:
- 34,375 confirmed cases worldwide
- 26,359 suspected cases
- 719 fatalities
- 5,894 in serious/critical condition
- 1,838 recovered
- Most cases in China
- 25 countries reporting cases

@BNO

19% of cases end up as critical or dead.... and this is using the fudged numbers from ccp. very scary.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is this a 13 Monkeys type scenario?
Who knows.

Is the Chinese government treating this the wrong way?
I definitely think so.

So, it's been said that the most likely way this spreads is by people maintaining close quarters with infected people. So, people started rushing into the hospitals, and the virus starts spreading amongst those who were staying there.

The Chinese government builds quarantine(if they aren't something more nefarious) camps and essentially forcing people into those camos whether or not they have the virus or not. Even if someone is assumed to have the coronavirus and not just influenza they are forced into those camps where they will be more susceptible to also be infected with the coronavirus. So, the coronavirus spreads even more.

At this point I'm assuming the Chinese government is more than willing to let the Chinese people spread the infection amongst themselves.

Where is Xi Jinping been this whole time? No doubt he's barred himself in a safe room with his most trusted advisors nearby.

It's been said that the new coronavirus isn't limited to any age, sex, or ethnicity. Okay, so I'm going to assume that it someone became infected somewhere in Southeast Asia, and spread the infection throughout Mainland China where it became a hotbed for the virus. Incubated there for some length of time.

So, who thinks it's possible that Xi Jinping didn't see an opportunity and isn't taking advantage of the situation for population control? The virus seems to spare children for the most part, and most of the deaths are from the older population.

China has a mostly male population, so maybe he sees it as a convenient way to lower the male population, balance the male to female ratios and leave the younger impressionable children to be raised supporting him?

As for the rest of the world we are left waiting for our governments, medical professionals, virologists and the likes to keep us safe. With no guarantee that they will be able to. There's no telling if this will turn into a pandemic.

I guess we'll find out within the next couple of months if the estimated timeframes for this virus are accurate.

The thing is that we only have an educated guess to how far this virus has spread. There's no guarantee that the people who have been placed in quarantine are the majority of infected people.

It's possible to fall ill to any strain of virus at any time of the year, it's just that this time of the year is when peak infection rates occur. That being said due to it being the flu season a lot of people have already been experiencing the symptoms that this coronavirus is said to cause. There may have already been countless people exposed to this coronavirus thinking they just have the flu.

Then there is the possibility of reinfection. So, even if someone overcomes their first bout of coronavirus it's possible they won't survive the second round.

It's been said that no one is immune or resistant to this virus, so if that's the case then we're all likely to get it, and it will be another thing to add to the list of things we have to worry about in old age.

There's no stopping the research and development of viruses because of the fear that someone may create and release a virus that could cause mass deaths by means of virus. So, under that fear there will always be research in these viruses and in turn the search to create ways to combat them.

So, let me cut to the chase. From what I've learned in the past few weeks is that the N95 masks while not 100% effective at preventing inhalation of this virus.

This is why I offered the advice of using 3M respirators. They can currently be purchased for as much as a box of masks, but can be sanitized and reused. The respirators use disposable cartridges which come in different grades.

There are P95 which has the same filtration rating of the masks, but where the masks don't guard against oily substances (bodily fluids) the cartridges can. There are also P100 cartridges that effectively block 99.97% of substances. The cartridges last up to 40 hours or 30 days whichever comes first.

3M respirators come in half face and full face. The full face consisting of a full on clear visor.

You may think you'll get funny looks, but if you are really worried about your health are you worried about looking funny?

If you are worried about the economy collapsing and your family and supplies being in danger, buy a few guns, an ample supply of ammunition, and teach your loved ones about firearm safety.

Because if there is a long term economic collapse supplies will run out and people will come for your supplies. You need to be able to defend yourself.

Your government may even come for your supplies so you need to be prepared for that and find a good way to hide your supplies.

There are plenty of resources for what kind of supplies you'll need for such a long term of disorder. Be prepared for electrical blackouts, and thus a cut off from modern means of communication.

Electronic communication will most likely be reserved for government, military, and medical personnel only.

This means no cell service and no internet. Mail services may also be halted.

So, go ahead and get prepared, because it's never a bad thing to be prepared for SHTF situation.

Learn how to hunt and/or trap for food. Learn how to build a low smoke fire. Learn how to filter rain and ground water.

Go online while you can and print the information you need while you possibly can.

In best case scenario this blows over without your worst fears coming to be and you've become practiced in self-sufficiency.

That's my tinfoil/alarmist post for the day, make of it what you will.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
WuFlu.Live just updated:

World-Wide:
Confirmed: 34444
Deaths: 721
Recovered: 2013

Hubei:
Confirmed: 24953
Deaths: 699
Recovered: 1115

edit on 2020-2-7 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gammer,spling,4matten

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

All reports are that internally the CCP is prepared to sacrifice all of Wuhan and areas around it to stop the spread.

That would be about 15 to 20 million people.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Any news on deaths outside of China as far as you know ?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator
Any news on deaths outside of China as far as you know ?

In addition to the Statistics tab on WuFlu.Live, they have News tab with links to recent new articles about more cases, etc. Not exhaustive, but a good place to start.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 34,375 confirmed cases worldwide, including 719 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

What do they mean by sacrifice? I wish they would report naturally resolved cases, those have to be very high. It would also help with the seemingly high death rates which could just be with severe or hospitalized cases.

At least our new NBC gear is way more comfortable than the old crap. Still doesn’t help my family.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

14 days wouldn't be arbitrary. It would be based on what they know about the longest period before showing active symptoms. Apparently, it was a 13 day window which was actually extreme, so they added one. Most of the cases that have been dealt with have shown up within 3 to 5 days.

14 days should catch it. But I'm not going to tell you that it's 100%

My husband works in microbiology for a career, and he says if everything worked perfectly, then it would be chemistry. Based on differences in our own bodies and yes, variability across microorganisms, you're always going to have outliers one way or the other. Apparently, they felt like 13 days was an extreme outlier pushing the limits for length of time before symptoms start.

And based on the sort of test they use to detect this false positives and negatives are going to be common. My husband wrote a lengthy post about it on another thread about the testing: www.abovetopsecret.com...

In essence, there are reasons why a person can test negative once or twice and then come up positive or the other way. The test, while a good one, is also very twitchy and has to be done just right. He's done quality control in a lab that uses a lot of PCR so he's familiar with how it goes.

Generally speaking, so long as they follow good hygiene and infectious disease protocol at Ashland. There shouldn't be much to worry about. This is a close contact spreader, not a casual airborne type disease, meaning you need to be in a confined space for it spread to you easily through coughing and sneezing or you need contact with contaminated surfaces like a public bathroom.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Did the other monkey escape a wet-market or a lab?

Asking for a deceptively authoritarian govt friend

link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: JourneyAbout
[...] it’s debatable about Beijing and Shanghai being in lockdown tho.

Shanghai is not "locked-down" per-se. I have family members over there, talk to them on WeChat like every day.

* Have seen some things on WeChat about individual buildings being quarantined in Shanghai.
    * Everybody there is basically on "vacation", and asked to stay home and mostly inside.
    * Public transportation is largely (if not completely) shut-down.
    * Businesses are closed.
    * Streets are deserted.
    * Airport(s) are currently still open - even for International travel.

edit on 2020-2-7 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixen typs and formtting

link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Sacrifice?!

That sounds like they want to firebomb them or something.

link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

All reports are that internally the CCP is prepared to sacrifice all of Wuhan and areas around it to stop the spread.

That would be about 15 to 20 million people.

Are you aware that maybe some Chinese fellows from Wuhan are reading your words...?
Sorry to disagree but I think that's not a very polite thing to write here... My humble 2 cents... My Gf she's Chinese and really got offended... Even if you think that, I think that's not nice at all to write it here... So, the outside world is thinking that my government tomorrow will gonna kill us all?

edit on 7-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What did you do, China? What did you do?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So I didn’t quite her ya rule out that if it’s still in one’s body....say oral copulation, fornicating, eating from a bowl of peanuts at a bar, or sharing an ice cream cone; might it just be too soon to say 14-days is fine?
burning house fine?

Not married to a smarty pants. Or at all for obvious reasons, so am I outta line here, or you following my contaminated and still contagious breadcrumbs?

edit on 7-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Hot!

edit on 7-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Did the other monkey escape a wet-market or a lab?

Asking for a deceptively authoritarian govt friend

I don't know. Let me ring up Bruce Willis. He'll probably just get it wrong again though.
edit on 722020 by AutomateThis1 because: Formatting

link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
Are you aware that maybe some Chinese fellows from Wuhan are reading your words...?

I would be willing to bet ATS is blocked at "The Great Firewall".
But, your point about offending people is taken.
We all probably need a little sensitivity-training.

edit on 2020-2-7 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gammer,spling,4matten

link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Why would they let you out of quarantine if you are testing positive?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

originally posted by: AngelsDecay

I would be willing to bet ATS is blocked at "The Great Firewall".
But, your point about offending people is taken.
We all probably need a little sensitivity-training.

Even Wuhans living, studying, working abroad what I mean

new topics

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join