It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism, Trans Regret, and Resources for Desisters and Detransitioners

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You are a superhero! Bless you!

If the subtext of transactivism is trans = women than what are people born with parts designed to create tiny humans called?

Should hospitals always administer a pregnancy test to a transwoman before performing certain lifesaving procedures just because?

Are men like myself who want children bigots for dating and marrying people born with the required parts for making children?

Be whatever it is you want to be. Live your best damn life. I support you 100-percent. But don't call yourself "female" or "woman" unless you are one.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Boadicea

You are a superhero! Bless you!

Thank you -- and oh how that made me laugh!

It's a bird!
It's a plane!
No! It's WONDER TERF!!!

If the subtext of transactivism is trans = women than what are people born with parts designed to create tiny humans called?

Exactly. This isn't a case of mistaken identity. Someone of old didn't find the words "female" and "woman" just laying around and go searching for their definition only to screw it up! The specific words were deliberately and knowingly created to define a specific thing... a specific type of person.

Should hospitals always administer a pregnancy test to a transwoman before performing certain lifesaving procedures just because?

This really worries me, though I haven't delved into the nitty gritty of it yet. But there are very real and crucial differences between the male and female body, differences which can mean life or death in terms of how they are treated, and how they are recorded. Chemically or surgically altering your body does not change that, it can only complicate it.

Are men like myself who want children bigots for dating and marrying people born with the required parts for making children?

Oh dear me... I think you might have just outed yourself as an ova-fetishist... the horrors!!!

Be whatever it is you want to be. Live your best damn life. I support you 100-percent. But don't call yourself "female" or "woman" unless you are one.

Well said -- thank you!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

It is the implication that a biological man who decides he's a woman deserves to have his voice made louder and matter more in women's issues then any biological woman's should and if she should protest she ought to get in the kitchen and make him a sammich!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Boadicea ,
Gender identity is what is common among all sort of woman. Its the "lady brain" that makes the trans person's body miss match their gender identity.
I suspect you already know this and will claim it does not exist or is psychological. Anything else , is in your words

defective or diseased or broken genitals and/or organs

The medical consensus for the non broken part in any human before its no longer a female.
After all , overlies chromosomes genitalia est , can be broken/absent without changing that person being female.

0zzymand0s

what are people born with parts designed to create tiny humans called?

woman born without a uterus ?

ketsuko
They should make everyone a sandwich , not just for trans woman

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dude1

Gender identity is what is common among all sort of woman. Its the "lady brain" that makes the trans person's body miss match their gender identity. I suspect you already know this...

What I know is that this is Transgender Ideology -- subjective, intangible, immeasurable, and unreplicatable. I know, therefore, that means that no one "knows" this because it cannot be known. It is theory. And a faulty theory at that, or you would not have to use such circular logic while refusing to answer a very direct and clear question that gets to the heart of the matter.

In other words, you are gaslighting me and everyone reading this to present a fantasy theory as fact, and those who dissent, question or critique it as crazy deniers. You are rewriting history and re-defining terms and trying to impose your will on everyone else.

...and will claim it does not exist or is psychological. Anything else , is in your words

Actually, what I will say is that men need to stop telling women who we are. I ain't having it.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Isn't what I wrote the medical consensus about what transgenderism is ?

men need to stop telling women who we are. I ain't having it.

What man are you talking about ? What does that have to do with medical consensus or transgenderism ?
You can speak for all woman only yourself , right ?
A trans man or any other man can't speak for all man either.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have to say to say that I have NO idea what I think about it all other than kids should be off limits. They arent developed enough to assess them and we certainly do NOT have long enough studies to understand the long term outcomes.

Im very conflicted on this subject. I believe in God.. Im a christian but a kinda different kinda cat.
I dont believe that we should bash gays and trans and etc... but I also dont belive we should praise someone solely for their sexuality or preferred gender. I want to know YOU... and you are SO MUCH more than your weenies or non weenies. I want to judge you ( and we all do) by your integrity and kindness and etc. If you need to tell me all about your stuff.. fine. If I like you then I like you.

Personally I really cant do any more than that because I DO think there is something happening with some folks. I think its real for some. I have a lot of problems with these kids joining in the latest buzz and the parents wanting the attention from their little clique for having a trans kid. If we remove that segment of this puzzle.. we are left with the truly afflicted. How horrible it must be to be someone else in a foreign body. I cant imagine it. Im not a lovey dovey love and light person.. but I have a LOT of compassion for these folks even if I dont truly understand it all. The data is so incomplete and a lot of it agenda driven. I think it will be far in the future before we really can see how this turns out.

As for me.. Im different. Im hetero but Im a small petite feminine woman yet my mother says I THINK like a man. I am 99 times out of 100 mistaken for a male on forums and etc if I dont use a female avatar. In chat right here on ATS women thought I was a guy and Id play along and joke cause it was so bizarre. I think maybe we are all wired differntly but like in my case.. without seeing me you might be fooled.. and thats because society tells you who I MUST be.Society is wrong. I have to consider the great possibility that society is wrong about trans and all this transistor stuff and lgbtq etc that I cant seem to keep straight. Mainly cause to me.. it doesnt matter. If I care abotu you and it matters to YOU... then Id do my damndest to understand YOU... cause if you want me to understand the whole shabang, I dont think I can.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

A woman is an adult human female. A female is a person with the body type that has a vulva and ovaries and produces small gametes.

Men who identify as women are not women. They are men. Adult human males with the body type that has a penis and testes and produce large gametes.

You, Mr. Dude, are telling me there's a newfangled definition of female and woman and that men with penises and testes and large gametes are really women because they have this mystical and magical feminine essence called "laydee brain." No.

Men do not get to redefine "woman" in their image and then tell women who we really are. Women are adult human females.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I think the vast majority of us women on ATS have been misgendered!

I'm not sure which part of society you think has transgenderism wrong, but for my part, I think what society got wrong was the gender norms and stereotypes that we impose on ourselves and others in the first place, which then opens the door for "being born in the wrong body."

Why is it not the other way around? Why is it not the wrong brain in the right body?

One is tangible, objective, observable and measurable. The other is not. It makes no sense to give greater weight to the unknowable and undefinable (the brain) than the knowable (the body).

If the brain doesn't seem to match the body, then it's because we've misinterpreted the brain and the gender norms and stereotypes we have imposed are wrong. Therefore, and obviously, one's body does not and can not define the brain. Or the heart. Or the spirit.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why are you focus on trans woman only ? What about trans man ?

I'm not sure which part of society you think has transgenderism wrong

The one that goes against medical consensus on that medical matter.

wrong brain in the right body

No difference , its just that a person identity is based on their brain not other organs (if you lose your arms you are still you).

It makes no sense to give greater weight to the unknowable and undefinable (the brain) than the knowable (the body)

So what organs would one have to lose to no longer be themselves , if not their brain ?

If the brain doesn't seem to match the body, then it's because we've misinterpreted the brain and the gender norms and stereotypes we have imposed are wrong

gender norms and stereotypes are not relevant here , and are acquired and change a lot.

Therefore, and obviously, one's body does not and can not define the brain

So NOW you DO think the brain define the body ?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Okay. You just want to keep gaslighting and talking in circles.

We've both had our say. Our words will stand on their own merit. And now I'm done with you.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You ignore what I answer and what I ask and then accuse me of thing..

There many here that don't care about scientific and medical consensus , so on gay conversion of trans man/trans woman , its no hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join