It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crawling out of my comfort zone - Drone Video - new spot!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Found a new spot for the 7". Looking forward to revisiting when its not so windy, or cold. But either way, was a good rip session. Now that I have a co-worker who I managed to get addicted into the hobby. Ill have a sidekick to join me on adventures. This means new spots, more videos, and hopefully me getting better as time goes on!

Hope you enjoy the flight!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
nvm..
edit on 3-2-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Great job on the video and your flight!

When I was down South, I did my share of flying with a handful of different platforms. Some were more fun to fly than others, but this looks like it would be a blast

Smooth video, responsive controls and a build you can customize at your discretion

Very, very nice work Triton!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I love your vids, they make me feel strangely happy. I think that they convey a sense of freedom and escapism, and some weird Yankee sporting equipment in this one

Anyways, I had a brainwave and subscribed to your channel.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Not sure if you are familiar with state of PA, but one of our parks (Beltzville) actually has designated drone flying areas

I spend too much time there myself, Got hooked to the hobby and a couple thousand later I am still pushing the limits in terms of distance, provided I can find enough spotters of course!

Admittedly I do not have the guts to fly mine like that, Grandpa driver = grandpa droner flyer
It has a "sports" mode but I do not use it (read: am afraid to use it)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxey
I love your vids, they make me feel strangely happy. I think that they convey a sense of freedom and escapism, and some weird Yankee sporting equipment in this one

Anyways, I had a brainwave and subscribed to your channel.

Cheers

That's awesome to hear, thank you! Part of the addiction to the hobby, is the sense of freedom when flying. Its hard to explain.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I spend too much time there myself, Got hooked to the hobby and a couple thousand later I am still pushing the limits in terms of distance, provided I can find enough spotters of course!

Admittedly I do not have the guts to fly mine like that, Grandpa driver = grandpa droner flyer
It has a "sports" mode but I do not use it (read: am afraid to use it)

I'm pretty close to you in the grand scheme. I'm in Connecticut. The south east hills. This summer, my friends and I are planning to explore a bit. Id like to share some different views with the advantage of where these drones can go. Should be good. I'm not a young buck anymore either. This hobby helps me stay "feel" young!

new topics

top topics

join