It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viruses, how to protect youself thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I know a lot of people have discussed buying masks to protect against the coronavirus, and it got me thinking, whats the best comprehensive way to protect yourself? So I have compiled a basic list. Some of it may not be practical to all that read it, but I have posted it in the hope it helps.

1. AVOID CROWDS. Its not realistic to think that you can completely avoid all contact with people, but you can re-think your level of exposure. Shop early in the morning, don't go places where lots of people are congregating if you don't have to. If the pandemic strikes, this becomes paramount. If possible plan to have enough food, water, and medications to stay at home for an extended period of time, and plan your supply for every family member.

2. DISINFECT. Wash hands frequently, and disinfect surfaces such as doorknobs, counters, keyboards, etc. constantly. This is especially important if you are at work, try to clean every surface you come into contact with. Unfortunately a lot of people come to work sick without telling anyone, so the break room microwave, doors etc. are going to be vectors for transmission. If you are out getting gas, use a glove to use the pump if possible. And keep hand sanitizer in your car.

3. WASH HANDS REGULARLY. This offers no protection against an airborne pathogen, but you should still do it. Use hot water if possible, and the length of time you should lather is the length of time it takes to recite the alphabet. Use a good hand soap. Dry with a clean towel or you re-contaminate.

4. BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. Strengthening your immune system is another way to protect yourself against the flu. A strong immune system helps your body fight off infections. And if you do become sick, a strong immune system helps reduce the severity of symptoms.
To build your immunity, sleep at least seven and a half to nine hours per night. Also, maintain a regular physical activity routine — at least 30 minutes, three times a week.
Eat a healthy, nutrient-rich diet, as well. Limit sugar, junk foods, and fatty foods. Instead, eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, which are full of vitamins and antioxidants, to promote good health.
Talk to your doctor about taking a multivitamin to provide immune system support.

5. GET A FLU SHOT. Make sure you get a flu vaccination each year. The predominant circulating flu virus changes from year to year, so you’ll need to update your vaccination each year.
Keep in mind that it takes about two weeks for the vaccine to be effective. Getting a shot can reduce your risk of illness by 40 to 60 percent
Trusted Source
on average. If you get the flu after a vaccination, the shot may reduce the severity and duration of your illness.
Due to the high risk of complications in people over the age of 65, you should get your flu vaccination early in the season, at least by late October. Talk to your doctor about getting a high-dose or adjuvant vaccine (Fluzone or Fluad). Both are designed specifically for people ages 65 and older.
A high-dose vaccine contains about four times the amount of antigen as a regular flu shot. An adjuvant vaccine contains a chemical that stimulates the immune system. These shots are able to build a stronger immune response to vaccination.
In addition to getting your annual flu shot, ask your doctor about the pneumococcal vaccinations. These protect against pneumonia, meningitis, and other bloodstream infections.

SUPPLEMENTS TO BOOST IMMUNE RESPONSE

1. Vitamin C
2. Vitamin D
3. Zinc
4. Vitamin E
5. Vitamin B6
6. Spirulina
7. Probiotics

OK That's what I have so far, will add more as I research, feel free to do so also. Good luck to all of us.

edit on 3-2-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I've heard good things about elderberry too.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WitcheeWuman

Elderberry and Turmeric, yes.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Real licorice root, or candies/foods containing real licorice, not anise, will help as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Sugar is fine... its been proven sugar can help.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
High CBD oil (cannabis -- "medical marijuana" but without the psychoactive THC) stimulates the immune system, is shown to be an effective anti-viral in vitro, is also known to be effective against the biofilm which protects many viral and bacterial infections, has anti-inflammatory properties, can help relieve pain and congestion, and of course will help you get a good night's sleep.

How Marijuana Can Help With The Flu or Cold

Far more studies are needed to fully understand all the whys and wherefores, as well as optimal dosages, etc. CBD oil is non-psychoactive and therefore legal in all 50 states. Of course, some CBD products will be better quality than others. I purchase mine online. Here's a review of quality CBD oils (the one I use isn't on it though LOL!):

20 Best CBD Oils for Sale Online

In choosing one, organic, virgin, non-GMO full spectrum oils are best, which means that the whole plant is used, retaining other cannabinoids and compounds that work in synergy with the CBDs.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
High CBD oil (cannabis -- "medical marijuana" but without the psychoactive THC) stimulates the immune system, is shown to be an effective anti-viral in vitro, is also known to be effective against the biofilm which protects many viral and bacterial infections, has anti-inflammatory properties, can help relieve pain and congestion, and of course will help you get a good night's sleep.

How Marijuana Can Help With The Flu or Cold

Far more studies are needed to fully understand all the whys and wherefores, as well as optimal dosages, etc. CBD oil is non-psychoactive and therefore legal in all 50 states. Of course, some CBD products will be better quality than others. I purchase mine online. Here's a review of quality CBD oils (the one I use isn't on it though LOL!):

20 Best CBD Oils for Sale Online

In choosing one, organic, virgin, non-GMO full spectrum oils are best, which means that the whole plant is used, retaining other cannabinoids and compounds that work in synergy with the CBDs.

Simply think of an Apple....it goes from green to red as it ripens.....it goes from sour and tart to sweet...….a MJ bud does the same thing...when it is young and "green" it has a high THC CONTENT......as it begins to age or ripen the THC degrades and converts to CBD......the amount of CBD IN YOUR MJ IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE RIPENESS OF THE BUID OR FLOWER.

The psychoactive aspects are derived from the active THC...THE "UP"/HIGH ENERGY FEELING...…..the "couchlock"/sedative feeling comes from the CBD.....depending on how ripe the flower is one can very very easily dial in the amount of THC or CBD in the flowers they consume.

A sublingual method may be best suited as you want it in your bloodstream not processed by your body organs.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I haven't tried turmeric before for any illness.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Sugar is fine... its been proven sugar can help.

Not if you are diabetic. Then it a no no.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WitcheeWuman

I haven't tried turmeric before for any illness.

Here is some info.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Thank you. I will read that.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

In addition to washing your hands (20 seconds, with soap and hot water), stop touching your eyes, nose, and/or mouth with your fingers.

Most people absentmindedly touch their face. The eyes are probably the least protected part of your body (remember all those warnings about mucus membranes?! Heed them!). The eyes have a direct connect to your nasal membranes and passages. From there it is a short hop to the lungs.

Think you don't touch your face that much? Go a head and practice watching yourself. I bet that you would be surprised about how often you do (I am using the Upped Dialect Sheepian language, that is, the "Royal Ewe"! lol). Really feel that you are the master of your own domain?? Put some Tobasco on your finger tips!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

In addition to washing your hands (20 seconds, with soap and hot water), stop touching your eyes, nose, and/or mouth with your fingers.

Most people absentmindedly touch their face. The eyes are probably the least protected part of your body (remember all those warnings about mucus membranes?! Heed them!). The eyes have a direct connect to your nasal membranes and passages. From there it is a short hop to the lungs.

Think you don't touch your face that much? Go a head and practice watching yourself. I bet that you would be surprised about how often you do (I am using the Upped Dialect Sheepian language, that is, the "Royal Ewe"! lol). Really feel that you are the master of your own domain?? Put some Tobasco on your finger tips!

I have heard this regarding touching of the face and the problem is, most people don't even consciously do it.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The virus can't go through skin, but if you put your hands in your mouth - you're potentially infected.

Let's run a public health campaign: "Lads, don't put your grubby fingers in your gob!"

Keep your hands below your waist and play with your balls.

I've done my share, and realized I never actually needed a girlfriend.
Isn't that fantastic?
edit on 3-2-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If you already smoke weed on a regular basis, doing so while you’re sick probably won’t have a drastic impact on your symptoms. Still, you should proceed with caution. This probably isn’t the time to experiment with new dosages and strains.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

* Colloidal Silver
* Elderberry
* Echinacea purpurea
* Garlic
* Green tea
* Liquorice
* The leaves of Olive trees
* Pau d’arco
* St John’s Wort

Source.

The page has a description on each and what/how they work. Only Elderberry has a recommended dosage (60 ml/day for adult; half for children) but they say it cuts down the length of time you are sick. Which is kind of what I was looking for. And they list some of the viruses each works against.

Just don't drink too much colloidal silver and turn yourself blue!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I would advise to add CBD and THC flower to this list.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If you live in a small apartment you can use a ozone generator for cpaps to kill viruses, bacteria, mold, or other biological pollutants in the room..

www.wish.com... leadwords_int&c=%7BcampaignId%7D&ad_cid=5dba73f92324f9098053c907&ad_cc=US&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=17.00&campaign_id=7203534630&gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwA DV1haewDPlooZw9W4HT_94kRVikAnY--sAzmifPWT9OQHXHIvGKBRq7IzxoCWl0QAvD_BwE

I use one to clean my cpap mask and if i leave it on for over 30 minites i can smell the ozone from one end of my motorhome to the other.

For larger homes you can use.
www.walmart.com... 43085&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=159653756813&wl4=pla-268516922864&wl5=9031792&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113553539&wl11=online&wl12=154795312&veh=sem&gcli d=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1haXqm7IABY2OU2wZPvLi9YrcTwN3V33oWOSATXAD6ZNnpqG5p_pA_LhoCgdYQAvD_BwE

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ninah
I would advise to add CBD purchased in berkshirecbd.com... and THC flower to this list.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm happy to see people sharing advice with eachother, but I'm afraid we're dealing with something which will become so widespread that no matter what you do, you will likely get hit.

top topics

join