It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man Immolates Himself in Toronto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Sardion
He got the quote from me, and I took it (paraphrased) from the article I linked to that started this thread. You actually witnessed it? That's pretty wacky.

Not exactly correct- I got it (quotes) verbatim from the linked article- cur and past!

BUT, like sardon said AFTER they (cops) stopped him. Brutality

[edit on 10-3-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here is the full video it seems my memory was a bit faulty... not by much though...

www.pulse24.com...

[edit on 10-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
GREAT video-
'Police torture'

What did I say, heehee.

I agree the guy is 'loose'

Good thing this didn't happen in Amerika- they would still be reading him his rights

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
While setting yourself on fire is not a regular event in Canada, it certainly gets a point across. My guess would be an immigrant. We just don't do that. .

I certainly hope it isnt!!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think that the authorities handled the situation admirably. I doubt the police knew in advance that the the subject would resort to setting himself on fire. They saved his life.

[edit on 05/3/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Good thing this didn't happen in Amerika- they would still be reading him his rights

In how many other countries do they have a Miranda-type law. Amerika, indeed. You should think twice before you start bashing the most free naiton in the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Grady
I agree that the police handled the situation well. I disagree that we're the most free nation on earth. Judging by laws, and tolerance, the Dutch are more tolerant. They tolerate just about everything except intolerance.

Denmark, Sweden, both wonderfuly free places. I would live there in a heart beat, but sadly freedom isn't free, and I'm broke at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join