It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher rips Warren using 'young trans person' to vet Education Secretary pick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't actually care what Maher thinks, only what Warren has said she plans to do. Maher is right though, this is crazy stuff, beyond Crazy. Elizabeth Warren has publicly pledged to allow a 9 year old trans person to interview and pick her Secretary of Education. Yes. That is not a typo, 9 years old.

His comments came after Warren pledged to allow an unidentified "young trans person" to veto her pick for leading the Education Department.

"A young trans person [had] asked about a welcoming community and I said, 'It starts with the Secretary of Education, who has a lot to do with where we spend our money' ... and I said, 'I'm going to have a Secretary of Education that this young trans person interviews on my behalf,'" Warren said.

It's unclear who exactly Warren was referring to, but a 9-year-old who identifies as transgender previously asked Warren what she would do in her "first week as president to make sure kids like me feel safer in school." The child then asked, “And what do you think schools should do better so that I don’t have to worry about anything but my homework?”

www.foxnews.com...

What do you think? Anyone in support of this?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sounds like fauxcahontas is at the point where she'll say or promise anything she thinks might get her more votes.

Smells like fear and desperation.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I question how a 9 year old can be capable of making a life-altering decision of that import unless she or he has been coached by parents. And if that is true, it's child abuse, pure and simple.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I don't actually care what Maher thinks, only what Warren has said she plans to do. Maher is right though, this is crazy stuff, beyond Crazy. Elizabeth Warren has publicly pledged to allow a 9 year old trans person to interview and pick her Secretary of Education. Yes. That is not a typo, 9 years old.

His comments came after Warren pledged to allow an unidentified "young trans person" to veto her pick for leading the Education Department.

"A young trans person [had] asked about a welcoming community and I said, 'It starts with the Secretary of Education, who has a lot to do with where we spend our money' ... and I said, 'I'm going to have a Secretary of Education that this young trans person interviews on my behalf,'" Warren said.

It's unclear who exactly Warren was referring to, but a 9-year-old who identifies as transgender previously asked Warren what she would do in her "first week as president to make sure kids like me feel safer in school." The child then asked, “And what do you think schools should do better so that I don’t have to worry about anything but my homework?”

www.foxnews.com...

Not sure why this is a good idea to her, but the pick probably won't be worse than DeVos

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

www.foxnews.com...

Not sure why this is a good idea to her, but the pick probably won't be worse than DeVos

I can only assume you are being facetious.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

LOL

By the time the election gets here, after all the promises of free stuff and outlandish policies, the campaign commercials for Trump will write themselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Michael Moore is hammering the democrats as well. That's really surprising. Hammering the dnc for manipulating Bloombug into the last debate.

Even the rotten are getting disgusted with the democratic rot.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
No, not facetious..De Vos is a political hack appointment if there ever was.

But no, a nine year old transgender is not suitable to make any kind of choice here.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sounds absolutely crazy to me, but you know the senate in all their combined wisdom picked federal judges that were completely unqualified. I remember one was a woman who never tried a case or had any litigation experience she never even picked a jury yet they gave her a lifetime appointment.

Crazy seems to be the new normal. It kinda makes me wonder about the old conspiracies about lizard people or body snatchers. The only thing any of them may have any ability in is memorizing talking points and sidestepping questions because they sure as hell make some idiotic decisions when we aren't looking.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well she is a Senator so she is part of those picks ...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
well the kid's mom was chosen to be famous.
lmfao.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

every time I think that bar cant possibly go lower... the democrats reee hold my beer.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Bipeds and Furries and Yellow-Winged Dragonkin who identify as red-bricked buildings for sexual purposes ...! I give to you our next Secretary of Education, as chosen by an anonymous gender non-conforming 9-year-old who graciously deigned to vet applicants for Prezzie Liz ... RACHEL BLOOM!

(Don't worry. We're sure she's totes more qualified to understand academics than Betsy DeVos ...)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Warren has LESS than a zero point zero percent chance of EVER becoming President

Which is a hell of a lot more than Biden or Bernie’s chances

So, who cares?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

The point is that a supposedly serious candidate said this ... on the campaign trail in front of actual adults whose votes she's trying to earn.

At what point did it become a thing to think that a 9-year-old can make a wise decision about the education of children everywhere when he/she/it cannot even decide what gender he/she/it is?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
She's really reaching to try and scrape the bottom of the barrel for votes. Unfortunately for her I think all the crazies are going to go with the Bern. And she burned her bridge to be VP candidate with him already. She's poison now.

Her Tweet about the Super Bowl was stupid too. We will support the 49ers because we object to the Chief's name.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
She's really reaching to try and scrape the bottom of the barrel for votes. Unfortunately for her I think all the crazies are going to go with the Bern. And she burned her bridge to be VP candidate with him already. She's poison now.

Her Tweet about the Super Bowl was stupid too. We will support the 49ers because we object to the Chief's name.

The Dems, losing yet another time.

KC wins.....Warren loses, again.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I just had a private snicker every time I heard the Tomahawk Chop going on in the stadium. I kept thinking about all the cringe going on in the San Fran fans. It had to be demoralizing. I'm sure their football team cared not one bit though.

I think the history of the actual Chiefs team name is that they were originally named for a police chief, not a Native American. It has simply morphed into that over the years. Of course, for someone who's "woke" like she is (or claims to be), that's probable just as bad.

edit on 2-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
LOL it is almost like throwing in the towel, what a stupid thing to suggest

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Cuz the most important issue facing our schools is Transgenders?

For some reason, I thought there were more pressing issues facing our Education System.

Thanks for correcting me Elizabeth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join