It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you eating for Superbowl LIV

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Not unhappy though....
But yes....OOPS!!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Errrmmmm... DBCowboy... you out there?
We need to square off. You won the bet. I lost..

Ladies and Gentlemen of ATS. I made a bet that the San Francisco 49'rs would win the Superbowl LIV. The Chefs won. I throw my fatty chest on thy sword and taste cheesy bacon...

May the winds scream from my rear hind quarter... plus more than half with GLEE!!

Also it's been said that Tom Brady purchased a home in Las Vegas in the past week.... not.. ok.. rumors. Um... Steelers are superior.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

If it makes you feel better, I had bets on Kansas City and Mahomes over 32.5 rushing yards. Mahomes had 44 going into the last possession.... But they docked him 15 for kneeling.

I still came out ahead, and lucked out seeing the end of the game... But it could have been a lot bigger for me lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Since our wager was rather extreme, I'll give you a few days to amass the fortune that we bet.

I wouldn't expect anyone of having a shiny nickel just lying around the house!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I had intended to grill some burgers, but we put off the saturday meal and it got cooked on Sunday instead. So Superbowl supper was some home made chili.

I had already simmered the chile pods, and felt compelled to go ahead and use them. And that coarse ground beef that I bought on markdown wasn't going to get any younger.

It was really good. I make a killer Texas style chili.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm doing chili.

2 pounds ground spiced sausage, 2 pounds ground beef
Garlic
Salt, Pepper
Peppers
Diced red onions
Tomatoes
Brown sugar
Spaghetti sauce (Bertolli's)

Crock pot it for a few hours, top with cheese, sour cream.

no cumin?
no paprika?
no chili powder?
that's not chili lol that's a meat sauce made for pasta
edit on 3-2-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I generally do bacon rather than smoked sausage. I save that for red beans and rice.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know I'm late but I didnt see this thread till now.

I had grilled antelope burgers and grilled camel burgers...oh and grilled chicken, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, all inclusive salad and chocolate pie. I'm finishing off the chocolate pie as I type this, I effing love chocolate pie.

By the way I know some of you might be curious about how the antelope and the camel tastes. The antelpoe tastes more like deer but the camel tastes more like beef with a hint of lamb. Both are very good!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No beans in your chili?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I had grilled antelope burgers and grilled camel burgers

Ahem.

I want. Why did you not not invite???

By the way I know some of you might be curious about how the antelope and the camel tastes. The antelpoe tastes more like deer but the camel tastes more like beef with a hint of lamb. Both are very good!

A....HEM.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

No beans in your chili?

Thank you.

Yaaas.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No beans.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No beans.

According to your "recipe," there was not even chili powder.

I concur with a previous poster that it's nothing more than a meat sauce.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

No beans.

According to your "recipe," there was not even chili powder.

I concur with a previous poster that it's nothing more than a meat sauce.

*shrugs*

Okay, boomer.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I made a few of my standard dishes for the game. The first is chili, which seems to be a popular thing here. Three pounds of ground beef, 2 cans each of light red, and dark red beans, and two large cans of black beans, three cans of diced tomatos with green chilis, one 4oz can of diced green chilis, diced onions, one (or more) large can of tomato sauce. Season with coarse kosher salt, chili powder, chipotle pepper powder, cumin, and Tyger sauce.

Another favourite is sausage cheese dip. One slug of medium breakfast sausage - browned and drained, diced onions, diced green peppers, one small jar of pimento - chopped, enough gooey melted cheese to make it all worth while. I like a combination of velveeta (for easy preparation) and queso. You can use hot breakfast sausage if you like a spicier dip.

And of course classic Chicago dogs. Your favourite franks (I use Nathans), poppy seed buns, diced red onion, cucumber, tomato, nuclear green relish or pickle wedge, mustard, black pepper, celery salt.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

my favorite pizza is hand tossed crust, light on the sauce...topped with jalapeno, pepperoni, mushroom, and pineapple.

Sweet, spicey, savory, umami...it hits almost all the buttons. With some pepperoncini on the side, you get the sour too...if you want it. And i do!

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

as a Texan I have to take offense at this being called "chili". But i bet it'd be good on some angel hair pasta with garlic bread.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

as a Texan I have to take offense at this being called "chili". But i bet it'd be good on some angel hair pasta with garlic bread.

It was great on hot dogs and is a family favorite, so I can't really take offense if everyone really liked it.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So... did any of Kansas City Chiefs fans throw their super bowl food straight into the wall at the end of third quarter? I am no expert but it sounded like, in the sports news, that it didn't look too good for them. Then they just came back like phoenix bird from the ashes. Well done.

I have watched two or three super bowls in the past. It always seems like it boils down to quarterbacks, and how well the opponent's defense can guard them from becoming heroes.

And what happened to New England Patriots? has Tom Brady's "best before" day expired?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I had grilled antelope burgers and grilled camel burgers

Ahem.

I want. Why did you not not invite???

A....HEM.

Hahaha I soz! My sister had made a trip over to Ohio and we used to shop at this humongous international grocery store there. I think it was like the third biggest in the U.S.

Anyways she asked me what I wanted so I just gave her long list of exotic meats.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join