It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you eating for Superbowl LIV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
LOL gonna have to pace myself I'm a little under the weather so my sister is doing the cooking. But she does a decent chili as long as I can spice it up. Hot dogs on the grill for the kids might snatch a couple of those. Think I got everything to put together a decent Chicago Dog or 4 and lol and have some of Ralph's Beef Jerky on hand. Along with my Emergen C orange drink that I'll likely spike with Vodka or Tequila later.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I might have time to stop by and help you consume those 4+lbs of chili ... as long as Networkdude is allowed to come with his beer.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Poutine is actually an edible glue used to patch tires damaged by potholes. Potholes are the biggest exported product from Canada (also known as Upper Montana).

That's why their wheels are square, to go down and get torque in pot wholes.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We're doing Vietnamese style chicken meatballs (except we use ground turkey). We'll be eating ours in a lettuce wrap with match-sticked carrots and daikon, add some hoisin and sriracha. Kiddo gets his split out and served with the same veggies and sauce (no sriracha) on a King's Hawaiian hot dog bun (ersatz bahn mi).

We will also have some browned ground pork and onions mixed with melted cheese blend and seasonings (garlic, cumin, chili powders) into a cheesy dip that we'll have with tortilla chips.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We went to Jubilee in Ishpeming this morning and bought some subs they had there, fifty cents an inch special. The twelve inch sub had around a pound of meat and cheese in it, about an inch of meat thick and a few layers of cheese too.. The wife and I could not eat one twelve incher for lunch, about five inches of it is left. We have a great sub for supper and even some left over for lunch tomorrow. But we did spend twelve bucks for those, I guess a couple of pounds of ham and salami must run at least seven bucks though. plus between the two there must have been an eight ounces of sliced cheeses. I know some of the people who work there and they told me that it costs as much as they get for them just in food costs. It is a promotion they do about three times a year, if you figure the labor in it,. they are loosing money. But the store is packed in the morning, they make two hundred feet of it and it is usually gone in two hours max, sometimes it is gone in an hour. We bought a total of seven and a half feet of the sub, the rest going to the daughter and the granddaughters families.
edit on 2-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If the sandwiches are quality, something like that rocks too. Our favorite wing shop was doing a big promo for today, and we thought about it, but wings are a Friday staple here for movie night eating, so didn't want wings two nights in a row.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

If the sandwiches are quality, something like that rocks too. Our favorite wing shop was doing a big promo for today, and we thought about it, but wings are a Friday staple here for movie night eating, so didn't want wings two nights in a row.

We really do not have a good wing shop around here, most are so so at best. There used to be some places that made excellent wings, chicken, and ribs, but they did not want to overcharge, and they wound up going down the tubes. Overhead winds up killing a lot of businesses here.. Regulation changes do to. Or they try to expand and require required changes to the hoods and fire systems and they figured they could not afford it and quit.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Regular programming here. I don't waste my time with that boy's game

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm limited because I'm at work, but currently I have chili with local made blueberry hot sauce.
A burger with bullseye, 2 cheeses, onions, and pickles.
And at 6 pm, 2 different types of homemade pizzas.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Have quiche in the oven for my girl friends coming over for the puppy bowl! We look forward to the pups every year. I have two pies - lemon and chess. We have champagne! The men have brats on the grill - I think. They are somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

Sorry, but I looked at your screen name and saw Floridaman for just a split second.

Quiche sounds good though.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What if you're not planning on watching the soccer game tonight?
You did say football, right???

edit on Sun Feb 2 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SPEELING

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Pbbt! We'd still have the meatballs, but we wouldn't bother with the dip.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wings it has to be smoked original wet wing in Thunder Road sauce from Calhoun’s in Oak Ridge Tn.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
18 year old Macallan scotch and Top Ramen.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

What if you're not planning on watching the soccer game tonight?
You did say football, right???

If you were my child, you'd be grounded right now.

Do you REALLY want me to take away your phone and internet connection?

I didn't think so.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I did something different.

I've gone with 3 pounds ground beef instead of 2, added a can of tomatoe paste, a little water and 2 tablespoons of spicy De Kine Hawaiian Rub spice.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
As a coastal elite Californian, we will naturally be pre celebrating our win by sipping champagne whilst contemplating our superiority in every way.
We don't even breathe in calories.
DB is a fatty-boomsticks.

edit on 2-2-2020 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As an added bonus, I have Zenners Coney Dogs getting ready to boil afterwards they will sit in artisian rolls, awaiting the glorious chili.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Your celebrate is a bit premature.

I shall mock the lower beings with glorious chili, a cool IPA, and dance the dance of victory!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join