It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot by police after stabbings in London

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
You openly admit to not having even been here for 20 years how on earth would you know that?

I went to help an in-law move. He was immigrating from Asia. I was simply astonished by the percentage of Indians we saw in the markets. Had to be four times as many Indians as native Aenglish.

So ... I'll see your bollocks and raise you a measure of poppycock.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

And if the terrorist had 'firearms' there would no doubt be quite a few more casualties and probably fatalities.

This has nothing to do with your Second Amendment Rights....stop trying to make it so.

If the terrorists were real terrorists instead of just wanna be punks with a bad attitude and a simple brain that a IQ of 10 could radicalise then things would be quite different.

just another raghead skitzo with no idea.

edit on 3-2-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Streatham terrorist was in MI5's top five most dangerous jihadis: Outrage as it’s revealed Sudesh Amman was freed after serving only half his sentence - a month after PM vowed crackdown on releasing terrorists Sudesh Amman, 20, was shot dead by police on Sunday after a knife rampage in Streatham, South London He was jailed for more than 3 years for terror offences in December 2018 and released a week before attack Detectives searching two residential addresses - one in South London and the other in Bishop's Stortford Attack raises questions over supervision of freed terrorists and whether they should face tougher sentences Henry Jackson Society identified Amman as extremist in December last year shortly before he was released

So as usual he was let out early, on a watch list but given freedom to walk about.... as usual the perp ended up attacking people. So... does prison time work for terrorists? As we've seen on many occasions... it doesn't. Should those convicted of terror related crimes be let out of prison?? I don't think they should as they will always have it in mind to commit some act of violence.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Worse thing is......... who wants a #ing virgin! What do they know! Ffs!

a reply to: lakenheath24

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
They dont attack cops directly. Or attack the people who they have a problem with ie uk government. It's just heinous people. Wait for it. I am going to spew an unpopular opinion. USING religion to hide there sadistic tendencies. With or without that excuse. I am willing to bet most of these religious fanatics would have still killed. Cause let's face it. Millions are not being murdered a day. Which in these forums you would expect that, that was the case. It's a select few amongst wait the majority of good understanding people. a reply to: Peeple

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I mean the west have the trophy for most active military this century. a reply to: Wardaddy454

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Another day in London where nothing gets done about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

And if the terrorist had 'firearms' there would no doubt be quite a few more casualties and probably fatalities.

This has nothing to do with your Second Amendment Rights....stop trying to make it so.

Anti-Gun arguments are as flawed as pro-Gun arguments.

It goes both ways.

Yes, if he had been armed with a gun, there may well have been many more casualties.

However, if some quick thinking and acting "armed", citizens had been there, he may well instead have been dead long before the police could respond.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Guy was a known terrorist, was i jail for terrorist related crimes.

But released early?

Was under surveillance.

Sounds like they were waiting for his guy to attack.

There seems no common sense in this whole situation and right on par with liberals being soft on crime and willing to gamble with lives.

Vote accordingly, the Democrats are beyond dangerous.

This could have been prevented...

Time for prevention methods, not taking a gamble

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Government has just announced it will bring in emergency legislation to stop the early release of terrorists.

Just in the nick of time! 🙄

Emergency legislation to end early release of terrorists

CX.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

Not before time.

No time for recriminations but one can't help but wonder at the reasoning behind the introduction of this legislation and why it hasn't been repealed earlier?

Questions for a later date maybe but certainly something to ponder on.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Highly trained armed police officers were trailing him.....how on earth could some random civilian unaware of his history and possible intentions have been able to react quicker?

For the umpteenth time; the UK is NOT the USA.

I wouldn't dream of suggesting that the sudden introduction of UK style gun control laws in the USA would be a good idea, it would be disastrous.....but this is one of the most glaring differences with our respective societies and comparing the two is pointless and achieves nothing constructive whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
where does one purchase a machete in the UK or surrounding areas where such a weapon is forbidden? If the model of the US is followed, a severe crackdown on the ability to purchase such a devastating tool of destruction would be first and foremost.

Couple that with a hugely strong urge NOT to find out why someone decided to slash others, and you have Utopia.

On a side note, the regular folks over there seem to be bordering on the bad ass side. they see a nutter and aren't afraid to pummel him. I like that. Stay frosty mates.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Can you imagine the casualty departments on a Friday and Saturday night?

Look what they do to one another with just knives, hands and feet.

The reintroduction of guns into the hands of the public would be akin to handing them all a hand grenade each imho.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You can go into ASDA and buy a pretty significant blade as long as you are over 18.

As to a machete, get that from a camping store or the like.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I honestly thought those were illegal over there. Do you see any parallels to those kind of weapons and firearms in the US?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As you know I've ran my own pubs and worked doors for years.
I honestly can't count the amount of times someone has pulled a blade or a glass or bottle on me.
I dread to think what would have happened if they'd been carrying guns.....I very much doubt I'd be here writing this.

Anyone who has seen a kebab or pizza shop in any town anywhere in the UK late on a Friday or Saturday night will know why any relaxation of our gun laws would be absolutely disastrous.
That's nothing to be proud of, just the harsh realities of life in the UK.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Swords or knives with a curved blade that are over 50cm in length are now illegal to sell, purchase or import, into the UK.

So dependant on the size of the machete.

I suppose there are indeed some parallels where violent crimes with all weapons are concerned, but the fact of the matter is you cannot wipe out a classroom full of kids, with a machete, in the same manner, you can with say an ArmaLite AR-15.

Get caught with any sort of blade through without a good reason, even a craft knife or the like, and they are risking 6 months in gaol or a YO.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

The cops were right there. In no way could anyone have reacted more quickly from my understanding of the situation.

Why the cops were right there is a question for someone to answer, I think...

It's their country, their laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join