It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot by police after stabbings in London

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The incident is believed to be terror related , one man shot and a number of people have been stabbed in the incident which happened at Streatham High Road , London.

#INCIDENT A man has been shot by armed officers in #Streatham. At this stage it is believed a number of people have been stabbed. The circumstances are being assessed; the incident has been declared as terrorist-related. Please follow @metpoliceuk for updates
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Suspect is confirmed dead.

Eyewitness account of the shooting.

Gulled Bulhan, a 19-year-old student from Streatham, claimed to have witnessed the shooting on Streatham High Road in front of a Boots store.

He told PA Media news agency: “I was crossing the road when I saw a man with a machete and silver canisters on his chest being chased by what I assume was an undercover police officer – as they were in civilian clothing.

“The man was then shot. I think I heard three gunshots but I can’t quite remember. “After that I ran into the library to get to safety. From the library I saw a load of ambulances and armed police officers arrive on the scene.”
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 2-2-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Looks nasty, loads of blood on the street, and large Police presence still in the area.

BBC are confirming authorities are saying it's terror-related.

Police are saying two people were injured.
edit on 2-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Firearms save the day.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

And if the terrorist had 'firearms' there would no doubt be quite a few more casualties and probably fatalities.

This has nothing to do with your Second Amendment Rights....stop trying to make it so.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Was that not Police and other authorities?

How many people would have been injured or killed if the muppet had had a gun?

My bet is more than two, put it that way.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am pretty sure he means he was glad the police are armed, as they didnt used to be. Or not.

Anyway, could just be a Remainer pissed about Avacodoes going up.

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

A ""Remainer"" Stabbing people in a shop?

Aye coz that's what they have been known to do.

Let's not be tagging the fruitloop with silly nonsensical rhetoric before we ken the ins and outs of the matter.

Probably for the best.
edit on 2-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's time for a new Mayor of London - one that will take action to address this.
This just can not be allowed to continue.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

And if the terrorist had 'firearms' there would no doubt be quite a few more casualties and probably fatalities.

This has nothing to do with your Second Amendment Rights....stop trying to make it so.

Oh but it does indeed! How many stabbing victims would still be alive if they had that same right for self defense we have in the USA?

ALL OF THEM.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

More Police might be nice.

Or at least enough Police to do the fecking job at hand.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

More Police might be nice.

Or at least enough Police to do the fecking job at hand.

That's like dealing with a drug problem by building more drug addiction treatment centres.
That's not the solution to the problem.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If as is being reported two people have been injured and the perp is dead I'd call that a pretty good response , we need to wait for the details to emerge but on the face of it the incident could have been worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Do you imagine we require less Police to do the job at hand?

We need the numbers to Police our cities in an appropriate manner.

That's just common sense.

You don't cut crimes by cutting police numbers.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Do you imagine we require less Police to do the job at hand?

We need the numbers to Police our cities in an appropriate manner.

That's just common sense.

You don't cut crimes by cutting police numbers.

The police by all accounts handled it.
I don;t disagree that we should have more police than we have - or rather a different distribution of a police officers time - however that is not the solution to this issue.

The investigation into what this scum did should be extensive and include all the people he associates with.
Any one of them who is found to be radical should either A) be deported if they came to this country as an adult, b) jailed or put on a watch list if they were born here or arrived as a child if they are found to be dangerous

This issue has to be rooted out of our country, because the scum bag who went on his pathetic rampage didn't radicalise himself.

My question for the Mayor would be - what have you had done to find out how the last terrorist was radicalised in this country and what did you find amongst the circle of people who could have influenced him? I bet the answer is effing nothing.

edit on 2/2/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Nice whataboutism, nothing of the sort happened, firearms saved the day, facts.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Was that not Police and other authorities?

How many people would have been injured or killed if the muppet had had a gun?

My bet is more than two, put it that way.
There is no other way of "putting" anything, a knife wielding terrorist hurt people and was gunned down, firearms saved the day, FACTS.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh but it does indeed! How many stabbing victims would still be alive if they had that same right for self defense we have in the USA?

ALL OF THEM.

Complete bollocks. As the stats show.

Within this, there were 76 homicides attributed to cutting or stabbing in New York — the exact same number as in London, according to data from Murdermap

www.euronews.com...

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hope the terrorist is dead and few people harmed.

Maybe if we continue to immediately kill these losers they'll realize that randomly stabbing people is not the right way to express yourself.

link   

We are not even sure what the crazy bastards issues were yet.

So the solution is not exactly self-evident.

Might not even have been terror-related, might just have been mad disgruntled bastard Sunday morning syndrome.

Well done to the attending officers at any rate.

And a speedy recovery to the poor victims.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Lighten up Francis. I was taking the piss. Yall sure get uppity sometimes.

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join