It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy 7 remake is going to be huge!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I must be the only gamer that didn't like FF7. I got it when it came out on PS1 back in the day. I just didn't get the whole random encounter thing as you travelled around. I was impressed though as it was one of the first games to use 3d rendered backdrops/movies with overlaid 3d models for more detail.

Trouble is, Goldeneye came out around the same time so I think I was a bit spoiled for choice, and bond won 😄

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
They have confirmed no turn based combat will be available. This is in direct contradiction to what they initially said. If I want to play an action RPG I have the Tales series, or Star Ocean, or any number of similar games. They lost me on the FF train as soon as 13 hit the shelves, so I'll be watching the wife play through this 7 remake.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I played about 20 hours of FF13 and couldn't get into it.
I also didn't like the fake MMO feel that FF12 had.
FF15 was great - with the exception of having dudes constantly taking pictures of each other.
I'm not into all that sorta thing...not that there's anything wrong with it, of course.
Just not my deal.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Final Fantasy 7 director says “Please look forward” to cross-dressing Cloud in the gritty remake

www.vg247.com...

oh teh joy

There was a section of the game where you dress up like a prostitute and go into a whore house. I believe this is what they're referring to.

I always liked ff5 the best myself. The job system was just too much fun. I found 7's materia system to get kind of boring near the end. All of the characters became pretty much interchangeable. It didn't really matter which one you picked, it was more about the materia loadouts which could be freely changed any time mostly removing any kind of long term strategy.

I never really cared much about the stories in the games and honestly always just kind of enjoyed the whole 'the elemental crystals are #ed for some reason, I here's some random heroes, go save the world or some #' stories. Video game stories are always kind of ridiculous, simple is better I figure. Ff7's story never really appealed to me the way it seems it appealed to everyone and their grandma and from what i've read of this remake they're going to change the gameplay which is the only thing I really enjoyed about the game so...I dunno.

Still 7 was better than 8,10,12 and...probably the rest after. I'm not sure haven't played any of them after that.

edit on 2/2/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

cross dressing cloud is mah favorite part of ff7.

I bought 8 played like 10 hrs and was like meh.

I actually have ff7 installed right now on steam

edit on 2-2-2020 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I never had a ps1 so I played all those years ago on good old epsxe or whatever it was called. It was a hassle, every single game had different tweaks and settings to get them running. Of those ps1 era ones I actually liked 9 the best and I know people don't look on it as highly as chrono trigger but I actually enjoyed chrono cross....mostly. The combat system was better than the ps1 final fantasies anyway.

edit on 2/2/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

How gritty are they going to get??

There were some very unsettling things happening in Wall Market. Squat contest in ghey gym. Male orgy at Honeybee Inn.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Gothmog

I don't even want to think about how many hours I spent on FF11.
At least 10 years of playing that game.

Thankfully, FFXI was my only MMORPG ever, and I was playing it before having any kids and in a cushy, high-paying, low-hours job
I stayed up til 5am many times, waking up at 7a to get to work.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Oh those were the days.
I remember being so damn addicted to that game.
Grinding out cooking to level 90.
I remember there was all this speculation of which way to face on a specific day and whatnot.
I used to make a killing on the holidays selling festival pies and cakes haha
Actually, I heard they are porting FF11 to mobile.
I wonder if the Asura server is still running.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Awesome!

If they are going to keep remaking stuff they should remake mario 64.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I lost my # when that one thing happened. You know what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

3, 7, and 9 are my favorites.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

edit on 2-2-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Proof of the pudding is in the tasting.

Hype and nostalgia are great, until they're not.

Seen so many remakes and reboots failing when they don't live up to the hype or aren't as good as people remembered them to be.

I guess what I am saying is don't get too worked up over it. I'm looking forward to FF7, but I'm not getting hyped over it.
That way I'm not disappointed if it doesn't live up to MY expectations as I know a billion fanboys/girls will be.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Agreed. Overambitious promises end up ruining big franchises for some reason.

Sony's Spider-Man cinematic universe imploded.

More recently, Disney Star Wars is backpedaling on all their planned stuff.

They can barely make one installment work, but they promise many more.

FF7 is just too big to remake in any meaningful way. We might get a 'select chapter' or two, but whatever we get isn't going to be anything like the game we loved.

edit on 3-2-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I spent so much time playing FF7, and so remember the trials and tribulations of the final boss battle - and the incredible ecstasy and relief upon defeating it - that the prospect of going through it all again is impossible. Updated graphics mean nothing if the imagination had already 'filled in the gaps' back in the 1990s.

It remains a cherished memory, though. And the final gift after completing the game? A cut-scene... but my-oh-my, it brought a tear to my eye. Remember that moment?

edit on 3-2-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

presses X for Tifas boobs

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

This was the reason I really wanted to like this game, because of THAT moment. 😢

Maybe I'll give the remake a go after all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join