It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember 'Project Redlight'? I found evidence the UFO reverse-engineering prject mightve existed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You might remember Project Redlight from Bill Cooper's films, or more recently from a 2013 interview with a supposed Boeing insider published by Steven Greer's disclosure project. Basically, this is a claim that has been popping up since the early 1990s, that Redlight was a secretive reverse engineering program carried out at or near Area 51.

I was looking through the CIA CREST database searching keywords from some old interviews, and found something: declassified contract records confirm a Project Redlight with that name was real, and it was operated inside Project Oxcart, a program designed to test experimental aircraft.

No official definition stating Redlight's purpose (or the nature of its test vehicles) has been declassified, but interestingly, at the same time it was ongoing, a major defense contractor, Douglas Aircraft Company, was researching propulsion methods behind unidentified flying object (UFO) data, and attempting to figure out how the craft worked, and how they could be controlled by a pilot.

Walkthrough of findings

Sources

Project Redlight memo: www.cia.gov...

Description of Redlight as a line item within Oxcart: www.cia.gov...

Redlight briefing regarding Area 51: www.cia.gov...

Oxcart mention in regard to Area 51 (p. 3): www.cia.gov...

Douglas Company UFO research files: www.remoteviewed.com...

I've done a lot of checking of these Douglas documents. They were first uploaded here: www.checktheevidence.com...

That individual says: "The documents were left in a barn which may have belonged to a Douglas employee who died or moved. The new owner of the place found the files, and sold them on Ebay for $31.00. They were uploaded to my computer for internet publishing."

What's curious is one of the main scientists featured in countless pages of the file is Robert M. Wood, who confirms he was a 43-year employee of Douglas Aircraft and has discussed UFO research in the past mostly for MUFON: www.noufors.com...

The term "Redlight" is something Bob Lazar never mentioned, fwiw, but one has to wonder if he was referring to this (if you buy his story)

edit on 2-2-2020 by MJM2019 because: fixed yt link

edit on 2-2-2020 by MJM2019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Redlight was the code name for A-11/SR-71.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

There's a pretty big clue in the name oxcart too.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Do you have any source for that? Or is it insider knowledge? I never found anything that connected that code name to that specific aircraft, that's why I'm asking.
edit on 2-2-2020 by MJM2019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Lazar never talked about the quality of food at area 51. People that worked there say that was one of the main things they recall. It was top of the line. He's been telling this story for decades but somehow it never came up.

As for reverse engineering, alien tech would be so far advanced, we wouldn't have a clue what we were dealing with. Even a thousand years from now. I can entertain we possess something but reverse engineering not happening.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MJM2019

Do you have any source for that? Or is it insider knowledge? I never found anything that connected that code name to that specific aircraft, that's why I'm asking.

I'm not who you asked but Oxcart was the project for the A-12.

CIA Oxcart family

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Totally, yeah I understand that. A lot of the Oxcart files discuss the A-12, and some of the variants like the Interceptor version. But my question specifically has to do with "Redlight." Many whistleblowers discussed a Project Redlight being an ET reverse engineering program, and it's curious that these files place it within the umbrella of Oxcart.

If you were going to fund it, Oxcart might be the place to put it.

Moebius mentioned Redlight was the name for the A-11, which I was just seeking clarification on because I read through all of the oxcart summaries, etc and never saw that mentioned. Doesn't mean it wasn't real, just seeking clarification. THere's not a lot of mention about the A-11 in the files in general.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MJM2019

I think A-11 was a misspelling of A-12 personally, or maybe the prior designation as I think it was originally going to be the A-11 but then became the yf-12 or something. Not really sure tbh.

But it certainly would be a good place to hide the budget, for sure.

edit on 2-2-2020 by Jonjonj because: Addityness

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The A-11 was originally the Archangel platform. The CIA wanted Lockheed to reduce the signature so they made changes to it and designated it the A-12, which went on to become the SR-71, M-21, and YF-12.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cheers for the info, I wasn't sure on which designations were which. They all get muddled up in my head tbh.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yea cause the quality of food is something important to remember if you're studying UFOs... A bizzare counter-point to the possibility of lazar telling the truth...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Lazar never talked about the quality of food at area 51. People that worked there say that was one of the main things they recall. It was top of the line. He's been telling this story for decades but somehow it never came up.

As for reverse engineering, alien tech would be so far advanced, we wouldn't have a clue what we were dealing with. Even a thousand years from now. I can entertain we possess something but reverse engineering not happening.

He didn't look like a big eater back then, skinny dude and all. Food was probably low on his list of interests, plus when he started speaking, no one asked him about the cafeteria, just UFO's.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Sick of going down his rabbit hole but if you believe him then believe him. That is fine. Reverse engineering though is not going to happen. Whatever may be visiting us is not defying physics. It is creating it's own physics. We are nowhere near understanding how that is possible. It is taking the laws of the universe and turning them upside down.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Chinese are a great example of the problems with claims of reverse engineering. During the Nixon era Boeing sold the Chinese two 727 aircraft. The story goes that one of the Boeing heads visited China, where there was a third aircraft in a hangar that, externally, was identical to the 727s they had. The Chinese proudly showed it off and let him go on board. When he tried to move the flight controls he described them as "so heavy that only a gorilla could fly it".

That has continued today. The Chinese J-11 and J-15 are copies of the Russian Su-27, and Su-33. Both are reported to be heavier both in weight and flight control movement, as well as somewhat underpowered.

Reverse engineering isn't as simple as some make it out to be. And that's with technology that's a similar level to what's being copied. Trying to reverse engineer a ship capable of interstellar travel, that's so far ahead of our current levels would be close to impossible.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

and yet sites like wish.com are filled with a tonne of perfect knock of copies of tech and such. OFten as good as and sometimes better than the originals.

Guess it depends on what is being reversed engineered and who is doing it.

Plus who says alien tech is... well alien? (if such things exist to begin with of course)

Who says we need to rewrite the laws of physics to understand it, or that aliens broke the laws as we know them to do so?

Maybe the 'laws' are universal, maybe their first "TV's" are the same as our first Televisions, because there is only one way in the universe to make a CRT television.
Maybe like the reverse engineering I mention above, it's a matter of who is making it, how they understand it.
50 years ago a computer that could fit into your pocket that would allow you to digitally record 'film' and 'photographs' and watch movies that were on a server on the other side of the world, to be able to video call other people without any time delay would of seemed like 'magic', beyond human capability of those at the time but here we are with our 'smart' phones.

If you went back to the 'Roswell' time period with half of the tech we have today, flat screen thin as paper roll up and folding screen TV's and computers, Xbox's, etc. Peoples minds would be blown and it would be easy to say "This tech is impossible, this person is an alien!"

So yeah, maybe in the universe there is only one way to build a circuit board, or a CPU. Aliens have to build it the same way we do because the laws of physics means they have to.
Maybe the only real difference between our tech simply come down to aesthetics, how they applied it, or maybe they got to the computer age in their timeline faster than we did.
So reverse engineering would not be out of the question in those circumstances. Maybe it's not that hard to look at an alien capacitor and realise it's a capacitor similar to what we have in our own electronics.

Thing is it's all hypotheticals.
What you think, what I think, what everyone who has never had alien tech in their hands.
How do we know it's so advanced it's beyond us if we've never even seen it?

It's like these tic-tacs that have been so popular lately. People go on about how beyond us such things are, and I've said it elsewhere, it's not beyond us.

Many of us already own the tech needed to fly vehicles like that. Quad Copters aka 'drones'.
Mine can virtually fly itself, I can pre-program 'missions' into it. Tell it where to go, what angles to turn at, altitude to climb to and much more. Can mod object avoidance into it (many are already coming with it) and we're not far from fully autonomous flight.
Hell if I had powerful enough batteries to keep it afloat, I could send this $2500aud (5 years ago) drone of mine around the world with a single press of a fly button.

The only thing holding it back is the flight systems. If I could build a small 'UFO' that used anti-gravity or some kind of sci-fi propulsion system, I could literally turn my drones inner workings into a 'tic-tac'.
It is a 'tic-tac', albeit one that uses propellers, electric motors and has a 15 - 20 minute flight time.

Again current tech would look like magic to the worlds best scientist from 100 years ago. Yet we know no laws of physics or of the universe were broken to make it.
Maybe we should look at 'alien' tech the same way?

Heck maybe our modern computers etc. are trickle down results from alien tech hmmm?
So yeah, never say never to reverse engineering especially when nobody has anything to compare it with and when everyones opinion is always going to be 'hypothetical' until we're shown what alien tech looks like. (and again, if it even exists to begin with.)

It's like those movie nerds that argue over fictional sci-fi tech online on forums using real world science when it's impossible to do so.

"Well the large hadron collider shows star trek teleportation would never work, because it would require more tribbles, otherwise it breaks Einsteins laws....."

It's just nonsense. And using Chinese making copy cat planes doesn't prove mankind cannot reverse engineer Alien tech. I mean while not perfect copies, their copies are functional.
Maybe it would be the same with us humans, we cannot replicate it 100% maybe we're missing an undiscovered element or something not available in our region of space. But maybe we can dodgy something we do have into a heavier, clunkier version.... like the Chinese.
It won't be exact, but it will get the job done.

Maybe it's not the tech is different to ours, but how they use it to us is different. Maybe while we learned to use microwaves to cook stuff, they learned to use them to defy gravity?

Great thing about 'fictional' discussions I guess. You can come up with any damn theory you want and nobody can prove you wrong lol.
edit on 3-2-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am sure Bob Lazar rightly thought that how good the food was at S-4 was unimportant compared to the work he was doing there.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Yeah, you're right. Having issues copying similar levels of technology certainly isn't proof that we're can't copy more advanced. I mean, if we're took a 747 back to 1945 they'd certainly be able to reverse engineer it.

As for Wish, copying a cell phone is just a bit different than copying a craft capable of interstellar travel.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
I am sure Bob Lazar rightly thought that how good the food was at S-4 was unimportant compared to the work he was doing there.

But surely the food there - like Roswell cafes - would have had an alien theme in the menu.

I keep imagining the S-4 canteen being similar to the Death Star's.

(An oldie but goodie.)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yea cause the quality of food is something important to remember if you're studying UFOs... A bizzare counter-point to the possibility of lazar telling the truth...

It's a legitimate question. Unless he was brown-bagging it, he should be able to describe the food. I was a missile launch officer for a very short time at Minot in the 80s and I can still remember that the chef in the cop shop topside made a pretty good strawberry shortcake. I also remember that because of the time it took to make the elevator ride down and open the two blast doors (the big one that got you into the capsule / diesel engine room, and the smaller one on the capsule itself) the food was not always hot when we got it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join