It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird That Superbowl is The Same Weekend as Politics Chaos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I just noticed....media is all about "SUPERBOWL!" or "IMPEACHMENT!".

Can't we just recuperate for a little while? The holidays are hard enough. This - it's exhausting.
Anyone else want to just chillax?

What is your best "relax"?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's a yearly ritual..

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Ironically,

I relax by watching sports and visiting ATS to update myself on political news. Real good time-killers there.

What do you want exactly? Go watch The Mandalorian. I hear it's entertaining.

edit on 1-2-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Super Bowl always happens at this time of year.

Impeachment has only happened three other times, and two of those were before the Super Bowl was a thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It's simple, really.

Liberals own and control entertainment. That's sports, music, movies. Hollywood and Disney where the pedophiles are. They had Epstein assassinated in prison so he wouldn't implicate them.

They're also behind the Impeachment of the President.

They lined it up. The Illuminati.
edit on 1-2-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Is their really a week that isn't political chaos anymore?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
I just noticed....media is all about "SUPERBOWL!" or "IMPEACHMENT!".

Can't we just recuperate for a little while? The holidays are hard enough. This - it's exhausting.
Anyone else want to just chillax?

What is your best "relax"?

4ch people predicted Iranians would attempt to bomb the superbowl after Gen Salami was skillfully assassinated. Simpsons predicted the 49ers will win the superbowl. Thankfully, the Simpsons have a better track record than 4ch schizos, and I guess 49ers have a former Iowa college player, so I guess this is who Im supposed to support.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think it is more weird that the superbowl is falling on groundhog day. I bet there will not be one superbowl fan watching the ground hog, they will be too busy setting up parties. This is really going to piss off the groundhogs.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Weird , I remember when the Super Bowl were played in December.
Actually , I remember the Super Bowl before it was the Super Bowl.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Panem et circenses.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I remember the Super Bowl being played in the end of January around my birthday. We would have a super bowl/birthday bash but it seems like it changed right after 9/11.
Of course, it is more than possible that I am remembering it wrong or putting more into it than it actually is.
I believe it has something to do with Labor Day...not sure...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
When I get 5 stars for that post, the irony is that I'm being sarcastic and over the top conspiratory, striving to connect dots that aren't linked via popular propaganda to a favorable audience.

I play the demonized card (Liberals, much like Jews in the WWII era and beyond), the enemy who is rallied against and hated. Great evils that they do are presented. I can't push it too far and say that their pro-abortion is connected to something spiritually evil, plus it's very back burner lately with the political circus over the 2020 election and impeachment being center stage.

There's no way to know if the stars are from people who think it's funny or people who take it seriously and agree with it. Considering the popular sentiment and dominant political affiliation of the viewers in this case, one has to assume that satire and sarcasm fly under the radar.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I remember the Super Bowl being played in the end of January around my birthday. We would have a super bowl/birthday bash but it seems like it changed right after 9/11.
Of course, it is more than possible that I am remembering it wrong or putting more into it than it actually is.
I believe it has something to do with Labor Day...not sure...

No , I am just that much older.
Therefore I can remember...
I can remember watching Jim Brown return kick-offs on a top of the line black and white TV...

edit on 2/2/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There might be some truth to it yet, however.

Jennifer Lopez and Shakira vow ‘empowering’ halftime show

“Life is so fragile. And that’s why we have to live every moment as intensely as we can,” Shakira said. “And I think we’ll all be remembering Kobe on Sunday. And we’ll be celebrating life and celebrating diversity in this country. I’m sure he’ll be very proud to see the message that we’re going to try to convey onstage.”

The singers also want to celebrate women and the Latino community with their performance. Lopez noted that for the first time two Latinas are headlining the halftime show.

apnews.com...

During the immigration spectacle of the past 4 years and the subsuquent shade that has been thrown at hispanics in society that don't speak fluent English and have a poor appearance, this must've been liberally planned.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I think you're right that they did push it out one week to separate it from the championship games and the Pro Bowl.

I think the other reason the OP feels so crushed by the political chaos is that for some reason today, everything has to be political.

For crying out loud, this is just a football game, and it used to be that there were some areas of life that *all* Americans could snuggle into together and enjoy regardless, but even those areas have been infected with political infighting and social justice and agendas.

If we don't want to care, so we turn to other avenues to escape, we will be made to care as those who want to inflict them on us chase us to those avenues.

They did it with football, so the Super Bowl feels political now, and they've done it with video games. And they even managed to hit the crochet and knitting communities online too.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I respectfully disagree sir. Colin Kaepernick, players taking a knee during the anthem while Trump blasts them on twitter. This is a liberal conspiracy against us and for them to celebrate.

The CEO's of the companies paying millions to air their special commercials? Liberals. The whole thing stinks like Hillary Clinton's secretions pre-menopause.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Yep, my earliest memories would have been the Bradshaw days...Mom loved her Bradshaw!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

The Simpsons have predicted so many things.. I find them more reliable than the MSM

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
See this is why, at least in my book, sports are the modern equivalent of the gladiator from the Roman days. Distraction from the important things in life.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

U R OLD.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join