It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 More US citizens to be quarantined at four stateside military bases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

There were voluntary quarantines of some of those people.

It would save you double posting if you would read what I wrote. In addition, state means that not every state imposed mandatory quarantine. New Jersey did, but not every state.

In Texas, it was different.

It also raised questions about the best way to monitor people who came in contact with Ebola. In Texas, five “community contacts” and two “ambulance contacts” were formally quarantined, according to Smith. Another 20 health care workers voluntarily self-quarantined.

Only a very few of the contacts were formally quarantined, but most of them chose to self-quarantine.

Nancy Snyderman's camaraman came down with Ebola, and she and her crew went under voluntary quarantine. She broke it. She had to issue an apology.

In a statement released to NBC news Dr Snyderman said: "While under voluntary quarantine guidelines which called for our team to avoid public contact for 21 days, members of our group violated those guidelines and understand that our quarantine is now mandatory until 21 days has passed.

No one forced them to stay under quarantine until she went off without letting anyone know and picked up takeout. She ruined it for her group. Of course, she goes on in her post to explain herself by saying of course she posed no threat to anyone, but it doesn't really matter. She agreed to go under quarantine. She lacked integrity to follow through on that.

But I digress ... the point is that some of those people were not under mandatory quarantine. It was state by state and case by case.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: loam

I know this is probably the most rational thing to do in the face of this virus, but why am I feeling uneasy all of a sudden?

For my part, it signals that at any moment officials could come up to any one of us and say, "We regret to inform you, but you've been exposed. Come with us until we say so."

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I know this is probably the most rational thing to do in the face of this virus, but why am I feeling uneasy all of a sudden?

For my part, it signals that at any moment officials could come up to any one of us and say, "We regret to inform you, but you've been exposed. Come with us until we say so."

There's always that worry. Right now, it's confined to those returning. Let's hope it stays that way.

I guess we could always press to simply leave them there and tell them to hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I cannot speak for Colorado or Texas, but the two quarantine sites in California, Travis AFB and Miramar are located uncomfortably close to major population centers.

Travis lies roughly midway between San Francisco and the state capital, Sacramento.

Miramar is in Southern California roughly near San Diego. San Diego is quite close to the US - Mexico boarder.

There is something that seems....”wrong” regarding the reasoning behind these particular choices.

Like storing the poison in the medicine cabinet, or a can of gasoline next to a water heater with a wonky pilot light.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Great. Ft. Carson is just down the road from me. Don't bring that # here!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There were, but they were voluntary quarantines.

This is what I responded to and as pointed out with a link is wrong. Double posting doesn’t bother me to correct someone when they are wrong.

The whole story about the lady going out to get soup while “voluntarily quarantined” is incorrect as well. It was a state imposed mandated quarantine imposed by New Jersey to which she agreed. She was allowed to quarantine in her own house without guards or anything like that but in no way voluntary. She then broke the conditions to which she agreed too in going out for soup.

edit on 2/1/2020 by DJMSN because: Corrected

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Just saw this link in the other thread:

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dark conspiracy Prediction... The purpose of the Coronavirus is to get us all accustomed to Quarantine laws. It's like the Patriot Act 2.0.

If the USA were facing such a epidemic crisis like is apparent in China who would be running the show? FEMA? Left to state/local authorities to handle?
It's not us I'm worried about but more of Big Brother panic and what they might do.

The FEMA list of Presidential Executive Orders

A Quarantine of this magnitude has never been done before in modern history.
Currently China is locking down cities and shutting everything down, nobody goes to work. This is going to have a huge economic impact on supply chains.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yep. No lack of or fear of it not being spread here. Yeesh.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wait, do the dots represent active wildfires only or is it based on smoke plumes?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This link explains.

gwis.jrc.ec.europa.eu...

Now do you see my concern?

edit on 1-2-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

If the government tries to quarantine me I will escape. I die on my terms.
And you know whats messed up? I would go freely into quarantine if they just asked and I knew that I could leave if I wanted.
But they can never guarantee that.

Maybe it gets so bad they think the best thing to do is kill the infected.
The last thing I will do before that bullet hits my brain is look over at you and say , "see we should have ran."

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If the government tries to quarantine me I will escape. I die on my terms.
And you know whats messed up? I would go freely into quarantine if they just asked and I knew that I could leave if I wanted.
But they can never guarantee that.

Maybe it gets so bad they think the best thing to do is kill the infected.
The last thing I will do before that bullet hits my brain is look over at you and say , "see we should have ran."

So if you have a chance of being infected and you escape, knowing that you are probably going to spread said virus to innocents, you would go that route?

Just because "anti-establishment good?"

Yea... we need to burn America down and start over.

With a better gene pool.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I'd like to hear from people living in china. Who on ats is there? We must have somebody.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Have fun dying in some military tent next to a bunch of other dead people instead of way out in the woods with me.

In this scenario nether of our gene pools survive.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I have wife’s family there and many friends as well. I lived there for a decade.

I verify what I can using WeChat to speak to family and friends. I posted it in other super long thread.

Believe me, it’s bad. Movie level pandemic bad. I did not believe the crematorium videos and family/friends had no way to confirm.

In the last 24 hours I fully believe them after seeing videos of suited people removing bodies from homes Spring up all over WeChat and recently Twitter, and this thread.

Chinese govt has officially ordered all bodies cremated immediately, no transfer or handling of body.

Links in other thread providing confirmation.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

They took the people suffering from Ebola, not just quarantined, but suffering from it to a medical center in Nebraska. It's not like that was out in the boonies for those of us in the heartland.

Felt rather like they were importing it to my backdoor.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Is possible that the “hospitals” that the Chinese government is rushing to complete to “deal with this outbreak” are actually “cover” for hasty emplacement of crematoria?

It might go a long way towards explaining how a “hospital” capable of “treating” a thousand patients could be constructed in just a couple of weeks.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Just so sad.

With such extensive lockdowns, how are people making out with food and other necessities?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

And then you run your sick @ss self into some healthy family with small children possibly infecting and maybe dooming them in the bargain ...

How noble of you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join