It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 More US citizens to be quarantined at four stateside military bases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Remember the 200 people quarantined at March Air Reserve Base, California? Well, this just happened:

1,000 More US citizens to be quarantined at four stateside military bases due to the Wuhan coronavirus

The Defense Department will provide shelter for another 1,000 government officials and family members who need to be quarantined because they may have been exposed to the Wuhan coronavirus, a Pentagon spokesman said on Saturday.

These latest evacuees are in addition to the 200 U.S. citizens who have already been evacuated from Wuhan, China, to March Air Reserve Base, California, said Army Lt. Col. Christian Mitchell.

"DOD personnel will not be directly in contact with the evacuees and evacuees will not have access to any base location other than their assigned housing," Mitchell said in a statement.

The article continues:

The 1,000 additional U.S. citizens will be housed until Feb. 29 at the following four U.S. military bases:

> The 168th Regiment, Regional Training Institute, Fort Carson, Colorado
> Travis Air Force Base, California
> Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
> Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, California

"In accordance with CDC [Centers for Disease Control] guidelines, all evacuees will be monitored for a period of 14 days," Mitchell said. "Should routine monitoring of the evacuees identify ill individuals, HHS [Department of Health and Human Services] has procedures in place to transport them to a local civilian hospital."

Remarkable times.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It sucks they need to do this, but better to quarantine 1000 or even 5000, rather than entire cities.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Indeed. Still not very comforting though.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
sheesh this thing spreads like wild fire, maybe this is more serious than I initially thought

engineered bio-weapon rumors could be true

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Legacy Media sources now picking this up.
edit on 1-2-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I know this is probably the most rational thing to do in the face of this virus, but why am I feeling uneasy all of a sudden?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Of course it spreads, it's a flu.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because we are seeing governments and the transportation industry make bold moves never before witnessed in our lifetime.

Uncharted territory.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yeah.

Not sure I like this.

But what's the alternative?

Therein lies the rub.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm with you on that. Still hoping this is under control here in the United States.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Media fear mongering.

10,000 people died from the flu so far this season.

But let's all worry about this latest nonsense.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yeah, know what you mean. Now I don't feel so bad about buying up a few extra masks and few extra can goods.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

When was the last time US citizens were detained due to some sort of a viral outbreak????

If memory serves me correctly, no US citizens were even detained during the whole EBOLA outbreak, even if they returned from ground-zero where the outbreak was taking place! The only one I can recall is a victim who actually contracted the virus and was life-flighted out of NE Africa (back to Atlanta if I'm not mistaken).

From this, I can only conclude one of two things:

1. The World at large is not being told the truth about Coronavirus and how serious it truly is, OR..
2. Something else far more sinister is going on

Perhaps...both??

edit on 2/1/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ironically enough, I've worked at 3 of the 4 base hospitals listed in the OP.

The folks returning will get great care if needed.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So I hesitate to point this out, but frankly the more I analyze this map the more concerned I become.

gwis.jrc.ec.europa.eu...

Scroll to the Wuhan province area. Select the MODIS and VIIRS options, then compare now to 30 days ago or earlier.

Can someone who knows something about this tool explain this?

It just seems odd there's all of this burning in the last 30 days.

edit on 1-2-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Out of 100,000 people with the flu only about 14 die in the US, so far coronovirus has killed over 250 people and only about 12,000 people infected, So yeah it is a big deal.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Tin foil hat on for a moment...

Notice the timing of the Corona virus with signing of the China trade deal?

What if China didn't really like the deal, how could they hurt the US economically while still honoring the deal?

Create a virus, or create an outbreak of a virus, that would knowingly raise panic. Knowingly cutoff US airlines from flights. (American Airlines and most others have stopped flights). Cutoff packages from being shipped (articles are popping up questioning the safety of packages from China). Cutoff operational plants of US companies. (Apple has closed up temporarily in Chinese provinces). Knowingly lower the stock markets and currency exchanges.

This is all hypothetical of course... but there sure is a lot of coincidences there?

~Namaste

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ATS is a conspiracy site, so I'm going to throw out a conspiracy...

The US DOD and CDC folks know exactly how serious this particular strain of virus is...because it was weaponized likely years ago. No cure was known then, and no cure is known now. It was never intended to be a first-strike weapon, but rather a 'clean-up' weapon, following a first strike. It was intended to the be the ultimate weapon to decimate one's opponent, because pandemic disease would almost certainly follow some sort of an armageddon-esque conflict anyway (i.e. nukes, etc.). This weapon was designed to accelerate those effects while masquerading as a natural evolution of another event.

Then, the Chinese got a hold of the virus and started experimenting with it at their bio-weapons facilities in Wuhan. It got away from them and escaped their BL-4 containment facilities...by accident.

And now, we have what we see going on.

Just a theory, but it seem plausible...here on ATS.
edit on 2/1/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

On Feb. 1, Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper approved a request for assistance from the Department of Health and Human Services for housing support for 1,000 people who may need to be quarantined upon arrival from overseas travel due to the novel coronavirus.

So maybe? It hasn't happened yet and isn't 100% that it will.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The whole Equator erupted on fire??? Is that what you're asking about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join