It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump didn't win, he stopped another attack.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It's strange, this doesn't feel like something to celebrate, it's something to feel relieved from. Trump didn't win anything here, he just stopped yet another attack from the left. He's the most investigated person I know of, and with all the investigations nothing criminal has turned up.

This in a nutshell is, to me, the most surprising thing in this whole mess.

Combine all of his accomplishments, with the fact that in spite of all of the digging, this was the best they could come up with, is mind blowing. When the SC was appointed, I fully expected a lot of dirt to be dug up from his past business dealings showing pretty bad stuff.

The fact that there wasn't, there isn't anything there, which is a great thing for our country!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

That is exactly what I see Trump doing.

While I am no fan of the "4-D Chess" theory, I am a fan of chess in general. There are basically two general strategies to the game:
  • Younger players tend to go with the attrition strategy. That is where one continually inflicts minor damage on an opponent at every opportunity, with the goal being to weaken one's opponent to the point where one can overwhelm them. Some players use points to keep tabs on their progress and gauge their opponent's relative weakness.

• The other strategy is to concoct a trap for the King. More mature players typically use this strategy when possible, as it has less chance of catastrophic failure and preserves power to be used in one fell attack. The common "Fool's Mate" move uses this strategy.
Trump has been putting pieces into position for some time. The Federal courts, when he was elected, were packed in certain areas with more liberal judges who would use their power to support partisan agendas. Under that scenario, investigations could be stymied and verdicts could be skewed in favor of partisan desires. Trump has spent the last three years working with the Senate to fill the vacancies in the courts with more Constitutional judges that will administer justice fairly. The FBI was severely compromised when he took office; it has taken some time, but the compromising elements have been mostly eliminated.

He has also been able to leverage the success of his policies in the economic arena to embolden some of the Republican Senators. Lindsey Graham is a great example of this; while I still am suspect of his attitude towards ongoing wars, he has gone from a weak voice that seemed ready to back down at the first sign of opposition to someone who shows tenacity when taking on those who oppose him.

The impeachment trial was a trap that Trump sprang perfectly. While the Democrat objective was to inflict injury, Trump took that injury and by doing so gained public recognition of the corruption that had occurred in Ukraine. Now investigations are beginning in earnest in the Senate, which will verify any investigations from the DoJ. At some point, that trap will close and it will be checkmate on those who have been fighting against him. There will be no partisan court to save the accused, no complaining about bias in the face of multiple independent investigations that agree, and no power to stage a successful impeachment attempt. While that power will still exist, the American people have dismissed impeachment with prejudice; they will assume any future attempts are another partisan ploy. The Senate has made it clear they expect real evidence or the attempt will simply be dismissed.

While the President may not be indicted for any crimes while in office, the Constitution is pretty clear that Congress members do not enjoy equal immunity. Article I, Section 6, Clause 1 states

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.
In other words, Pelosi, Nadler, and Shiff may be immune from most prosecution while sitting as Congressmen, but they are not immune from felonies. They can be arrested and indicted.

It may not be "4-D," but it certainly looks like chess to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why were they so agaisnt trump getting his 4 years?

They really cannot wait that long?

What makes trump even greater is he still gets things accomplished with such opposition.

Imagine if more were on board the success the country would have

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Every time a Democrat leader opens his or her mouth, Trump wins.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't hate democrats, I just wish they would grow up and try to act like adults. Adults work towards a common goal. Together.

In fairness I do not think most of these idiots are even Democrats.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

What makes trump even greater is he still gets things accomplished with such opposition.

Imagine if more were on board the success the country would have

I wonder what we might be able to do as well. Trump doesn't seem to think along hard core conservative lines, more centrist. Both sides could be making monumental things happen, instead, we get more "resistance".

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Exactly. Candidate Trump used to say on the campaign Trail, that he supported the Swedish version of healthcare. It augments private insurance with government insurance for those who cannot afford, or medically qualify , for the private coverage.

In this country I think Democrats would go along with that more than Republicans would?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

True. Trump is probably in more trouble than he knows. I wouldn't put it past them to try to assassinate him for embarrassing them...again. At the very least they will stage more mass shootings and maybe even a large scale "event" to blame on Trump. An event on the levels of 911, but something different. When Democrats lose their power, they get desperate. So desperate that they do stupid things, hence the last 3 years. Now they know that they are going to have to go big or they stand no chance. So, get ready for more mass shootings, a possible large scale attack which will probably be blamed on gun owners in America, or Shiff will probably have the CIA to take Trump out.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I thought it was illegal to investigate your political enemies?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

They won't do a 9/11 because that unites people. Look at bush after 9/11. Trump could legitimately get a 3rd term if they did that. Yes they'd have to amend the constitution.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

He is much more centrist than many give him credit for. Myself included.

It's just his most vocal critics/opposition are so far to the left on many matters that he appears far more to the right than is actually the case.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yes, but we're talking about Democrats. They're stupid. Look what we went through the past 3 years. They're illogical. The Impeachment brought us all together too.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Fair point. They've been flinging poo since he took the oath in hopes of getting rid of his support and it has only grown.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

Star and Flag
Very well put.
Fair warning to any snowflakes out there who decide to go off the deep end if Trump wins again in November, it will not be like 2017 we will fight back and you will not like the result.

Im with you on that. House dems may need to be removed though. You know they will not stop the schifft show. I didnt vote Trump last go but i have to this time, just because.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I 100% agree

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I read in the past week that Sanders was castigating Biden as (paraphrasing) having too many crooked toys to warrant the nomination. I read today on Yahoo that Hillary is once again castigating Sanders, and it's all seeming like an extraordinarily strange version of rock-paper-scissors: Sanders covers Biden. Biden cuts Warren. Hillary thumps Sanders.

The Democrats are infamous for eating their own.

Even their young. And they wonder why they can't win the "big" elections...

Makes me laugh.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

The Democrats and their shill media loudmouth lying counterparts wanted the (fool, idiot, cartoon man) Trump to win the Republican nomination. They thought Hillary would win by a landslide. She lost, they totally underestimated this man and all they can blame is themselves for promoting him non stop on CNN and MSNBC. It all backfired.

Very good point!

I totally agree and I remember laughing about it when he got the GOP nomination and saying the Dems are going to be sorry that they got what they wished for.

Ha!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Trump did nothing, Moscow Mitch and the repukes did all the heavy lifting which amounts to treason, swearing to uphold the constitution but ignore facts, play partisan politics, and refuse to be impartial, and acquit a criminal.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

I am guessing you did not watch the 11 days of trial live streaming on CSpan, did you? I know it was a lot and even I had to go back the next day to watch the parts I missed. Much shorter watching that way since you can ff through the long breaks or on the days of Senator questions, speed up the note walking and get right to the question and answers.

I know there was a lot of repetition by both sides, but you have to NOT ff past in disgust since in the repititive responses is actually when you begin to recognize what is really being said by both sides.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Trump did nothing, Moscow Mitch and the repukes did all the heavy lifting which amounts to treason, swearing to uphold the constitution but ignore facts, play partisan politics, and refuse to be impartial, and acquit a criminal.

There were no "facts" there was second, third and fourth hand information. As for being impartial you obviously missed the shift show the House pulled, not letting the republicans question the witnesses refusing to let the Republicans call witnesses. And don't you have to first be guilty of a crime before you can call someone a criminal?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join