It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Now That Impeachment Is All But Over

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

You are right as usual however, who are we to vote for when incumbents run unopposed, which is often the case?

A fair question, and the real problem... the 2016 election was the first one in my lifetime where I didn't feel like I was voting for the lesser of two evils. By definition, the lesser of two evils is still evil.

To fix that, you have to get involved. These "lesser of two evils" candidates, or the unopposed candidates, are coming from local political forums. So nip them in the bud. Whatever party is not putting up a candidate, let them know you want one! The politicians that don't do as you think they should, call them out in local Q&A sessions! Heck, just letters to the editor help... anything to get your point of view out there.

If enough people started doing that, there wouldn't be many politicians left who would dare go against the will of the people. Who knows? You could become the next Diamond & Silk... they were jut regular people who decided to speak out... now they are a political force in themselves. And never forget the power of "monkey see, monkey do."

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

What would be great (a million times better than term limits) was an automatic process to eject those that fail to actually represent their constituents. The people say no and they vote no or they go, simple as that.

We already have that,,, that's what I was explaining. The problem is that we don't use it. We vote people into office based on their party rather than on what they can do for us.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I want him to pay for what he did to our nation. He committed treason.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I think that was sarcasm. Notice the names listed?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I pegged Vindman the day he testified. I could see he was a rat. When I found out he worked in the oval office, during the call, I knew he was a rat.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Because trump and the repubs didn't allow me to hear from everyone I wanted to hear from I'm going to do something I've never done before and vote straight ticket dem as a protest.

I , the american citizen wanted to hear from everyone, bidon, shiff, hunter, bolton, mulvany.

But they decided I didn't need to hear it all.

I too would have liked to hear from the material witnesses that relate to this case. But to be honest the Senate doesnt have to call for extra witnesses to make or break the case. That is the House's job. They were the ones who held the investigation, it is their evidence that is being used to make the judgment. If they didnt do a thorough enough job gathering evidence then the fault lays with them and them alone. If there is anyone you should be angry at, it's not the Senate or even the Republicans, it's the Democrats for failing to do their job properly and fairly without bias.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The thing is there was no legit impeachment from the beginning.
The crazy democrats/never trumpers were/are hell bent on making anything up to smear and hamper President Trump.
No need for any witnesses or anything, it was all made up.

Their should be retribution for the insolence displayed by Pelosi, Schiff and all the other coup conspirators.

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

Because trump and the repubs didn't allow me to hear from everyone I wanted to hear from I'm going to do something I've never done before and vote straight ticket dem as a protest.

I , the american citizen wanted to hear from everyone, bidon, shiff, hunter, bolton, mulvany.

I too would have liked to hear from the material witnesses that relate to this case. But to be honest the Senate doesnt have to call for extra witnesses to make or break the case. That is the House's job. They were the ones who held the investigation, it is their evidence that is being used to make the judgment. If they didnt do a thorough enough job gathering evidence then the fault lays with them and them alone. If there is anyone you should be angry at, it's not the Senate or even the Republicans, it's the Democrats for failing to do their job properly and fairly without bias.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
The thing is there was no legit impeachment from the beginning.
The crazy democrats/never trumpers were/are hell bent on making anything up to smear and hamper President Trump.
No need for any witnesses or anything, it was all made up.

Their should be retribution for the insolence displayed by Pelosi, Schiff and all the other coup conspirators.

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

I doubt I could agree with your statement anymore than I do presently. Pelosi and Schiff for brains should certainly be held accountable for their part in this fiasco.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In the interest of justice and of great benefit to the people will those two points be addressed? Or will it all just be swept under the rug with the rest of the corruption in DC?

Is that a serious question?

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Congress can't or won't take care of itself. If Schiff and Pelosi get reelected, it's on us, the people. Unfortunately, there are enough voters in their districts who think those two are doing something wonderful.

They're both from CA.

What do you think will happen?

And to think, I used to live there.

smh...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is what will happen: nothing.

Nothing except business as usual, Congress gets a fat paycheck and whores itself to lobbyists and special interests at the expense of the United States Taxpayer. A.K.A, business as usual.

Show's over, now eat your bread since you had your circus.

We did?

Well...sh#t.

I must have missed it.

And I *so* love those cute little clowns too...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It will be interesting to see what effect it any it had on Biden's numbers in Iowa tonight.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So just once, try something new... go to the polls on voting day,and exercise that authority in the way you choose.

Hear hear!

I have 2 children and my wife and I made sure we told them how important it was to vote in every election.

Especially the local elections as those are the ones that will affect you directly. Don't want the town to dig up all the roads for new sewer lines? Don't want your town to continue spending money on stupid stuff?

Vote 'em out then!!

I even went so far as to tell them if you're not sure who any of the candidates are just vote for the 3rd name down on the ballot. It's like chicken soup - couldn't hurt.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The question is serious.

The answer is, of course, another screaming pile of nothing will be done. That would show accountability, something that DC is severely lacking.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Riffrafter

The question is serious.

The answer is, of course, another screaming pile of nothing will be done. That would show accountability, something that DC is severely lacking.

I know.

That's what makes it so sad.

At some point the "great unwashed" middle of the road voters have to band together and start electing people that will actually do something smart for a change.

First requirement: Unless they have accomplished amazing things, anyone in office for more than two terms is automatically disqualified from consideration.

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You CANNOT be serious ?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It will be interesting to see what effect it any it had on Biden's numbers in Iowa tonight.
That depends on if Iowa voters would prefer a more communist version in Sanders.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You may not have heard but 75% of Americans wanted to hear from witnesses so I do not think that member is kidding at all. In fact, those who did not want to hear from witnesses were limited to the majority of the Senate and trumps lawyers. The ones who need to hide what he did.

Funny how they are not claiming he didn't do anything wrong anymore, they are just saying well it ain't so bad...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Well you know what, I am voting straight republican for the same reason. Schiff ran a kangaroo court and denied Trump due process and any witnesses.

Since all investigations and witnesses are supposed to be gathered in the house investigation - My reasoning actually makes sense unlike yours.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The only Hope is Dr. Drew Penske primarying Schiff in Hollywood...

... and in San Fran...just gotta hope the business owners have tired of needles, shiff on their doorsteps and no prosecution of crimes netting under 1k in value.

I agree - but he does not really want to run - and as far as I can tell isn't.

He just wants to get the word out about how stupid the government is handling the homeless situation, and saying he might run is giving him some publicity to get his opinion out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join