It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrible Adware redirect on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I normally use my phone to browse ATS, but went on my labtop today. Using internet explorer I got redirected to a website that suddenly took over my explorer with pop ups about my firewall and a virus, while making a very loud humming noise. I closed explorer, cleared the data, ran advanced system care and tried ATS again. Only to have the same problem happen within five minutes of the using this website.

I had no other data running on explorer as ive got a habit of deleted my data.

Just wanted to let you guys know because it makes using ATS on my labtop impossible.

edit on 1-2-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I've found the same thing with my phone. It's pretty much unusable right now. It does happen on my laptop too. Not all the time though.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Yea i had a similar thing on my phone but it was a year ago but it stopped after awhile
Wierd..

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
whelp. sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but....

everyone whom is not using outdated and/or compromised software and/or hardware is running the site just fine.

fix yer wagons, boys.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Try Brave browser.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp
whelp. sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but....

everyone whom is not using outdated and/or compromised software and/or hardware is running the site just fine.

fix yer wagons, boys.

All my software is up to date thanks mr sarcastic.
No need to be funny about it. So much for fellow members helping each other.

This site has gone down hill.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What is the cause is the ad itself. Usually they are linked to the advertiser or another ad site which provides the banner. If that site and or banner is hacked or compromised viola. Usually goes away after a bit when they fix it.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

That's correct. Never any such issues...and try DESKTOP...even on mobile.

Haven't had those issues in 10-12 years. Phone, tab, pc and laptop..

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Try using firefox with the Bluhell firewall, Ghostery and McAfee Webadviser add on extensions/plugins. Using these, I haven't had a pop up or redirect in years.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Hello, I'm a long time lurker here and this is my first post. I also have had these intrusion attempts the last week or so and my Norton has been blocking it but also kicking me off the site. The attacks on me are coming from 85.17.31.152.80 ip. Also the only other ID is PCIERD.site. So I googled it and it was the -
The Department of Science and Technology - Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development. I don't have a solution( not really tech savvy) just that info.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It lasted a day or so and seems to be clear now. New or old it still came through;

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, I downloaded an Ad-Blocker and it seems to have fixed it.

XL5

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If it was a virus on peoples computer, blocking ad's would not be effective! Those bad ad's pay more money I'd bet and its time for ATS to pay rent for the servers.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

First problem you have is using internet explorer.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My laptop seems to be fine with ad-blockers. On the mobile phone, I load the page and almost straight away an ad pops up. Not being able to press the back button as the ad just comes back. I normally give up and log back on when I'm home from work.
It was never this bad. I could browse this site from work during my breaks. A shame.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Always use Adblockers! Always. Also, for some reason, ATS uses a non-encrypted connection. Which is weird in and of itself, considering this is a conspiracy site and all.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I get them too on my laptop. We're not supposed to use ad blockers, but many here do. I know the site needs money to run, but this is getting bad now. Ads on every page and this latest damned thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ther'es is an earlier thread talking about the current ad issues.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please discuss your issues there.
and...

Please note:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Closed.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I think you forgot to click closed.

XL5

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hmmm... the Ad's have infected the site and can over ride thread closures. Soon the Ad's will be posting as mods and then they will take over the world!!!

Skynet started as an Ad off to the side and no one noticed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join