It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Outsider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Started watching it with my wife a few weeks ago on Amazon. I never was a Stephen King fan. Once I went to a Ramones concert in some junior college gymnasium in the 90's and they played Pet Cemetery. They only played a few songs and left because nobody wash mosh pitting or getting into it. I think that was the last song before they quit. Oh, and there was that Stand mini-series. I watched like two episodes. Boring.

This Outsider show though is outstanding. Good acting and a story that is unpredictable. Jason Bateman is directing it so maybe that has something to do with the quality. He was always a good actor. Even as a child actor he was good. He had his own show as a child for a little while but the time slot he got sucked and it could not get momentum.

I don't even think the show is the original King story. Pretty sure it's loosely based off it. I read a summary of the original but it's nothing like the Amazon series.

Only thing that annoys me, can't binge watch it. They have 4 episodes and release a new one a week. Must be some new marketing strategy. Still haven't found an explanation on why they are taking this approach. Regardless, I highly recommend checking it out. I seldom comment on shows but this one is good.
edit on 31-1-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Cool I'll definitely check that out thanks for the write up! The piecemeal release thing is annoying, they're doing it with Picard too (which is also well worth a watch).

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I like The Ousider so far. Stepehn King movies/shows used to be so corny. We turned that corner. All of his recent stuff is pretty great.

Also. Johnny, Dee-Dee, Joey...

I don't care if they left early, you seen a show. And I'm jealous.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Not a King fan either but read his books voraciously back in the day. His writing is typically quite formulaic.

Started watching this without knowing it was King and really got hooked. Great acting, editing and story. Moves at a good
pace. I also highly recommend this mini-series.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Totally agree about The Outsider. Its starting to have that Fallen feeling to it. I don't expect too much out of hollywood anymore, but I am pleasantly surprised by this so far. S&F.
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople
I will disagree with your opinion on Picard, and Kurtzman Star Trek in general. I'm not alone.
Warning, The Critical Drinker is NSFW

Nerdrotic

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I thought the 1st two episodes were a thrill..and then the rest of the season crawled along at a snail's pace.
No help by the one character who is always monotone and speaks extra slow.

Dont shoot the ceiling will collapse...boom

King is good with characters and setting and anticipation..but then when he needs a conclusion or reason for all this....he fails.

El culco....really?

top topics

join