It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are FEMA Camps next???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I say the subject line a bit tongue in cheek, but as you may have heard, the 179 evacuees they sent Kalita over to go pick up in Wuhan China had the luxury of riding countless hours in a 747 cargo liner only to arrive at March AFB in CA and be told that they were going to be quarantined there for at least two weeks. Welcome home!

This action by legal order of the Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC.

Evacuees Detained under quarantine order

Are FEMA camps next?

Because, it's for your own safety!!

ETA - And no, this is not a joke!
edit on 1/31/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I mean, I hate to be a dick, but...

Hundreds of people fleeing quarantine from a plague infested nation land in California - a place where people literally defecate on the sidewalks in a massive densely populated area.... the exact conditions that caused the last big plague (and probably several before it)

At some point it's just self defense.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'd hope not, but I would also hope when citizens come back from ground zero in infection-city, that they could be forced to be under quarantine in some manner. What would the alternative be? They just let them go with the promise they'll not run around infecting people?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

but I would also hope when citizens come back from ground zero in infection-city, that they could be forced to be under quarantine in some manner.

That's just exactly what has happened here! That is, if I understand you correctly.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So what happens when there's an outbreak in Seattle, or Dallas, or....

FEMA camps???

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Two weeks?

We got a plane coming in, those people will be quarantined for 3 weeks. (Belgian/dutch plane).

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I say the subject line a bit tongue in cheek, but as you may have heard, the 179 evacuees they sent Kalita over to go pick up in Wuhan China had the luxury of riding countless hours in a 747 cargo liner only to arrive at March AFB in CA and be told that they were going to be quarantined there for at least two weeks. Welcome home!

This action by legal order of the Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC.

Evacuees Detained under quarantine order

Are FEMA camps next?

Because, it's for your own safety!!

ETA - And no, this is not a joke!

You can thank Typhoid Mary.

In this case with a pathogen with this kind of question marks. I have no problem with this.

They could have stayed in China I guess until....god knows when?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This virus was around a month before we even heard of it. People all over might have gotten exposed to it, and most cases will not even be investigated because the symptoms could mimic the flu to some extent. It has already probably gotten into our country, that is the problem with world trade, disease can take out big populations world wide. Something people supporting global depopulation would want to see.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Just had an update...quarantine will be 2 weeks but here's the best part...those people will be allowed to quarantine themselfs at home..

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So what happens when there's an outbreak in Seattle, or Dallas, or....

FEMA camps???

State Emergency Response Plans go into effect and then CDC, National Guard assists with logistics, and there are Medical Reserve Corps (civilian) from all over. ETA: Strategic National Stockpile gets deployed.

I don't really understand the FEMA camp thing. If there are 20,000 people infected wouldn't you expect temporary facilities? Should they be in the streets getting treatment?
edit on 1/31/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Where's Betsy when you need her???

2nd.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Well, 'FEMA camps' is kind of a metaphor. Call them what you want. Forced detainment against one's will.

The minute military trucks come rolling down our road to round people up they're going to have hell of a lot more to worry about than novelvirus!

edit on 1/31/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I get what you are saying, but if you were say, the parent of a child in a school whose teacher came back directly from ground 0 in a city with probably 10s of thousands infected, because he wasn't quarantined and he felt fine and didn't want to lose pay, would you be cool with that?

Wider scale infection would yield different results I'm sure. In this case, it's a much smaller #, and initial containment is underway. The hope being nip it in the bud, then you won't need those wide-scale containment plans.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Remember the plastic coffins and the mysterious roadsigns....oh good times.

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Let's hope you're right, but it looks like we're going to see one way or the other.

I'm not aware of an incident like this in recent memory where people exhibiting no symptoms were detained against their wishes 'just cuz'. They didn't even do that with Ebola!!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Hey! We got people over in "Rant" bitching and whining about the old days on ATS!

Well, here we go...for REAL!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
When the WHO made their announcement, in my mind I interpreted that meant UN troops...mouth watering idea to the sick and demented.
can't scare me into asking UN for boots here so forget about it.

Now that That is off my chest.

FEMA camps? How do we find out if any have been status updated in concurrence with "petri-dish fever" thing?

edit on (1/31/2020 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

edit on (1/31/2020 by loveguy because: ok better now

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Pro tip: if the barbwire in your camp is facing inward it's not to keep anything out, it's to keep you in!

On a serious note, I am pretty sure the US is pretty well prepared but if this spreads like in China, can we expect measures to be like in China? Whole cities on lockdown etc..

Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Well, 'FEMA camps' is kind of a metaphor. Call them what you want. Forced detainment against one's will.

The minute military trucks come rolling down our road to round people up they're going to have hell of a lot more to worry about than novelvirus!

Okay. I missed the plastic coffins and road sign thing I guess. I do remember the whole Wal-Mart being closed and turned into forced detention during some military exercise a while back. I'm not too worried about the inept government coming to get me. YET!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

FEMA camps is Alex Jones language.

They would quarantine in place if it did happen. If a plague hit's, I'm sure the survivors would be very grateful for the quarantine.

You should be asking which is smarter. A quarantine on the infected or letting them run around spreading joy?

Never happen and this virus is not dangerous enough to trigger it. The seasonal flu is killing more people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join