It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I'm still alive....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I checked out of the online world about 1.5 years ago. Much happier.
Just check FB daily and a few games. Jurassic World, Looney Toons and Star Trek. This is only the second time I turned my computer on in that time. Both to upload music. Finally got Queen1 on cd. Couldn't find a digital version at all. Wings Over America too. Wtf? Figured I'd pop in and see what's up. As you can see alive and well. A new grandson this year. Connor's little bro Oliver is long and lanky. Happiest kid I've ever seen. Really vocal. Growls when he's very happy.
Got out of that hole known as Brampton for Guelph. College town. City really but it doesn't feel like one. Looking forward to this weekend. GO NINERS.

So how's ya'll?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So how's ya'll?

Livin the dream...thanks for askin....

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, hi there, it has been a while. Honestly, I forgot you had left. I remember you saying you were going to be leaving and getting back into the real public society where you actually talk to people.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hey good to see a familiar name, the crowd of strangers is getting huge!
Glad you are doing well!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Welcome back.
Doesn't seem like a year and a half.
Time flies.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Hey Sunshine!

Nice to see you!

Kansas City by 3, baby.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If you check Facebook daily, you didn't check out of the online world. That is enemy #1. My entire life changed when I stopped keeping up with it.

Granted, I posted and replied alot, active participant, esp with old "friends" I never see or talk to in real life. All of a sudden, I had way more free time to do hobbies or leisure. My opinions became more free and I was less attached to group thinking or mentality. I called it an experiment at first.

Be careful though, you might start caring less about things you wear on your sleeve. Politics, stances on various issues. "Networking" with like minds so much daily has a huge effect on people. It'd be like going on an aggressive diet or a fast except after a while, you like it and dont want to start again. It'd be like someone really into writing and reading political opinions on ATS political mud-pit etc completely shelving it.

They might look back after a while and not want to dust it off. Remember how they were then vs now, what they do with the time they used to spend on it, and realize that # was unproductive and not as fun or rewarding as they thought.
edit on 31-1-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Go Chiefs!

If you like Jurassic World (are you talking about the park builder?), you might check out Planet Zoo. I've been wrapped up in it in Franchise Mode. Another one I like a lot is RimWorld. Right now, I have the most hilariously dysfunctional family ever forming the nucleus of my colony. Watching them train wreck themselves into running a successful caravan truckstop for the other local factions has been a hoot.

My kiddo has been into martial arts for about the same time you've been checked out, slightly longer. He's really gotten into it. He's a red belt and one more belt rank away from his year of training for his 1st degree. He's gotten into the tournament scene. I've been really proud of his determination to achieve his goals.

I've dropped about 50 lbs and I'm holding it off. I'm rehabbing shoulder surgery -- frozen shoulder complicated by SLAP tear and suprascapular nerve decompression. Working with my son to help him achieve his goals has its price. Go, go sports mom!

We lost one cat to a sudden brain tumor and added two kittens this past fall. So we now have three again: our 13-year-old neurotic tabby/Aby, Peeps, and two random kitties, DC and Shazam.

Glad to see you're living life and enjoying it. Congrats on the latest family addition. Little ones are such fun! Treasure each minute, and awesome to hear from you.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Pffft... Niners.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hey, what's up ?

The internet is my escape from the crazy world I deal with everyday.

My usual routine involves , coming home, putting my jammies on, popping open my first beer, chatting with my honey while I drink my listening juice,checking the weather, the news , here and another place,catching up on facebook, than playing angry birds and candy crush till time to go to bed.

One day, I will have a house again with some land and won't have time for all of that any more.

Until then,

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Lol you haven't checked out of anything if Facebook draws you back in daily.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Dang dude been a while. Good to see you are still kickin.

By the way I'm with you on the niners!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Niners here too.

Hope you’re well.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
glad you are doing well. Grandkids are totally amazing. Should have started with them.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Good to see you're well and dropped in to say hello!

Missed you around these parts...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Like a bad penny

Glad you are back.
I was on a self imposed vacay myself for quite some time. LOOVED seeing a lot of the same faces here

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
glad you are doing well. Grandkids are totally amazing. Should have started with them.

Like hell they are! Mine moved back in with their mother.. my daughter.. who I may strangle. Theyre spoiled hellions. If yours are less horrible my any fraction, Im up for a trade. Ill also trade them for pygmy goats.. fyi.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I’m suspicious! I mean, c’mon!! Just before Super Bowl?!?!

I smell click-bait!!

LOL!!

Still Political as H3ll. Still no clear photos of Bigfoot or Big Black Triangles. Or Thunderbirds.. ya know, we’re just abiding in the field.

Glad you are still having to do laundry like the rest of us!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

How was the hiatus ?
I was just down in your area (Fellow Canadian- but northerner)
Stopped in Cambridge to take the kids to the Lion Safari.
Much more expensive than it was when I was a kid.
Cost $500 just for us to get in, do the main tour and have a slice of pizza each.

But the experience for the kids was well worth it.

Enjoy your time back.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I didn't know you were gone,welcome back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join