It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Dragon Ball Z live-action movies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have been a big fan of the Dragon Ball series ever since I saw my first episode back in the 1980s. There have been many rumors on the Internet about a live action movie around since 2001 but they turned out to be misleading to say the least. Well, for the first time the DBZ series live action movies have been confirmed and ARE in preproduction. Woot. I have always wanted to see how a live action movie might be, but I have a really bad feeling that its going to turn out to be crap. Unless they pull out all the stops in making this the best possible movies series ever, I will be very disappointed. After all it all comes down to the actors, and personal I dont think they are up to the challenge of being able to look like super-strong martial artist, but u never know... There are supposed to be 4-5 movies each 4 hours long from the beginning of DB to the end of DBZ. The first movie should come out in the summer of 2007.This is the series that made me believe that there is more to the normal human abilities that meet the eyes. This series is also one of the reasons why I got in martial arts at the age of 9 and haven't stopped since. I'll be so pissed if they mess up the DBZ series with crappy acting and bad special effects.

Anyway here are some sites that are keeping track of how the DBZ live action series is progressing:

www.themovieinsider.com...
www.countingdown.com...
imdb.com...

Any other DBZ fans here?

[edit on 9-3-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFiI'll be so pissed if they mess up the DBZ series with crappy acting and bad special effects.

You know they will
. On a positive note Asia Carrera was asked to be in the movie
I bet she was going to be Chi-Chi. Unfortunatly she had to turn down the role as she is/was pregnant.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yep I heard about that also, to me thats a good thing, I dont think she could have played a good Chi-Chi.

I have found another forum site dedicated to the DBZ live movies. It goes into detailed information about the series from what is known so far.
dbzlivemovie.proboards18.com...

The cast members are still being worked out but here is a list of the possible actors:

Goku: ???
Vegeta: Ray Park
Piccolo: Chris Judge
Raditz: Jason Bateman
Nappa: Bill Goldberg
Tien: Orlando Bloom
Bulma: Jessica Alba
Chi Chi: Eliza Dushku

I dont think Chris Judge or Orlando Bloom were good choices, they dont seem to have the right look or attitude to play piccolo or tien. Does anyone know any other information about other actors?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That is a impressive cast, if they are actually signed. Especially Ray Park as Vegita.
I will look around some movie sites and see if they are on contract or not.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
That is a impressive cast, if they are actually signed. Especially Ray Park as Vegita.

Yeah Ray Park and Bill Goldberg are the only ones that seem to fit their characters.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Looks to me that nothing is really official other than what was posted on those first 3 links you had.
The movie(s) being written and produced by Akira Toriyama is a good sign.

I did find some negative news however.

I literally JUST got off the phone with FOX Studios in Los Angeles, CA. I asked outright about the upcoming live action Dragon Ball/Z movie.

This is exactly what I was told by my contact:

"The Dragon Ball Z movie? We don't have that. I 've got a lot of calls about that so I called around [the studio]. We won't be making that [movie]."

So there you have it, folks. That is the OFFICIAL story from FOX. I know some of you may be disappointed, but I also think it's a blessing.
www.dragonballz.com...

I guess we will have to wait a bit to see what is really going on.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What you posted was correct back in 2003. I have seen posted before so many times before on multiple sites before, but simple put, ITS OUTDATED. So the movies are coming out, dont worry.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's good. They should really update Dragonballz.com

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Dragonballz.com has been dead for a couple of years... I dont know why they still keep it up. Anyway I know of a couple of that have discussions about the movies, the cast list varies somewhat but everything else seems to be the same.

dbzlivemovie.proboards18.com...
www.myfavoritegames.com...
www.dbzsc.com...
dbz-movie-club.deviantart.com...

You should really go to them, I found them very helpful.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wouldnt put alot of faith in it turning out good for the simple fact we all know it will be geared toward the much younger end of the fanbase. Violence will probalby be replaced by lots of energy combat, blood reduced, and some of the more twisted aspects like Master Roshi and his pervertedness. It would be nice if they did a good job on it, but I won't be holding my breath on this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I wouldnt put alot of faith in it turning out good for the simple fact we all know it will be geared toward the much younger end of the fanbase. Violence will probalby be replaced by lots of energy combat, blood reduced, and some of the more twisted aspects like Master Roshi and his pervertedness. It would be nice if they did a good job on it, but I won't be holding my breath on this one.

Yeah, they are aiming for a PG-13 rating. Im going to miss perverted old Master Roshi and blood splattering... but if they reduce it too much its going to take away a lot from the original Japanese version. At least one movie should be rated R, the Freeza and Cell were the most brutal. I really HOPE they do a good job but I know they are going to mess some things up, if not the whole series

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
dragonball z = the best anime show EVER...

i love this show and i am pissed it is not on anymore...

anyway, i will be even more pissed if this movie looks "fake"...

the movie MUST be made by the BEST CGI graphics EVER in order to make it look "real" or at least good...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
anyway, i will be even more pissed if this movie looks "fake"...

the movie MUST be made by the BEST CGI graphics EVER in order to make it look "real" or at least good...

My sentiments exactly. I want it to look as real as possible otherwise it would just look stupid. I truly hope Fox does a really good job in producing this series, but if they don't ...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Looks to me that nothing is really official other than what was posted on those first 3 links you had.
The movie(s) being written and produced by Akira Toriyama is a good sign.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard that Akira Toriyama got kicked off the project as he wanted to much control over it. I remember once hearing a rumour that they were considering jackie Chan as an actor for goku but many people opposed it. And how are they going to do they hair?No human has the hair like of the caracters in dgbz.
Arite i think this site has been posted before but it is the source of my info www.dbzsc.com...

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Xavierrouge]
edit-messed up the quoting

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Xavierrouge]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can guarentee Hollywood will find some way to screw this all up.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen
I can guarentee Hollywood will find some way to screw this all up.

Damn it, I read the script for the first movie and they have changed so many things around. Its no where near the animated series in terms of story line. Stupid Hollywood writes, they have gone and messed up Mr. Akira Toriyama's vision. :w: Im still going to see the movie... if it turns out as bad as I think I will, then FOX will get a lot of hate mail.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The dragonball series was and is the best series i have ever seen and if any one messes it up there will be one very very very displeased person right here i havent missed 1 episde of dragonball dragonballz or dragonballgt so if it sucks i will be mad oh heres a little hint of another db movie called dragonball s my friend told me that there will be no goku only vegita and he fights freza cell AND baby all at one time i dont think it will be that good

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Whos going to be the bad guy in the film?

outrider that sounds awsome! Vegita is the coolest and deserves something.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A pic of SSJ 1 Gohan...

They have killed DBZ...

[edit on 13-3-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
A pic of SSJ 1 Gohan...

They have killed DBZ...

[edit on 13-3-2005 by beyondSciFi]

Dam that looks like a piece of crap.