It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Electric Hummer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well snap. I thought regular Hummers were cool, but an electric Hummer? Remember that movie Top Secret....be sure and check the voltage before getting a Hummer.
The reviews look favorable but honestly, the electric Hummer gets to sixty way to fast. I prefer the old, slow Hummer.

To each his own I guess.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It's kind of like Ford announcing the electric "Mustang" vehicle. Is it a decent idea? sure. They could have picked any other name for the thing though, it's just not a Mustang if it's an EV SUV. Same with an electric Hummer, just pick a different name. I know they're doing it for brand recognition, but jeez, get creative and make new vehicles.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My brother has a 65 mustang. I'm not a car person but it's so low you have to keep on the gas to keep it running.

It is LOUD.

He let me drive it and damn.

I didn't know I could hit the gas and spin a circle. I love that car. i'd kill myself and everyone around me if I drove it but...I love that car.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Okay, that was not what I thought it was.

Heh, wow, embarrassing. I'll show myself out.

Oh and, cool car!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

It's kind of like Ford announcing the electric "Mustang" vehicle. Is it a decent idea? sure. They could have picked any other name for the thing though, it's just not a Mustang if it's an EV SUV. Same with an electric Hummer, just pick a different name. I know they're doing it for brand recognition, but jeez, get creative and make new vehicles.

I feel like they could have revived the old Saturn brand as an electric car company....

I can see using Hummer though.

Hopefully, they don't half-ass the product design. There is a lot of movement in this segment now. I suspect we will start seeing real electric cars / trucks versus the glorified golf-carts the legacy car companies have been making.

Tesla has proved there is a market for a real performance / luxury car.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why whatever do you mean? 🤣😅😆

a reply to: Ksihkehe

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't get why big-ass Hummer's exist at all.

Jeeps are so much better. At everything.

Save Hummers with eco-marketing? Good luck.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The real Hummer is an amazing vehicle. I would splurge on one of those at a Government auction before I even looked at this one.

When I was in 88M school (truck driving) for the Army, one task was to drive it up a dusty 77 degree incline. Scared the living crap out of me is all I can say. But it took it like a champ. I was literally about to urinate in my uniform going up that hill. Felt like I was driving up a building.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
The real Hummer is an amazing vehicle. I would splurge on one of those at a Government auction before I even looked at this one.

When I was in 88M school (truck driving) for the Army, one task was to drive it up a dusty 77 degree incline. Scared the living crap out of me is all I can say. But it took it like a champ. I was literally about to urinate in my uniform going up that hill. Felt like I was driving up a building.

A coworker won one at a raffle. It is bad ass. A convertible. He drives it in summer. I'd love one if I had space to keep it.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

A coworker won one at a raffle. It is bad ass. A convertible. He drives it in summer. I'd love one if I had space to keep it.

It's a military one? If so that is amazing. Yeah, they can go hard shell or soft top. Same with the doors. I use to love the soft doors in the summer. The door handles would always break though. Some flaw with the plastic. We were always stealing soft doors LOL! Everybody was doing it so it became a running joke in the Army. If you had good soft doors you would not have them for long.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Saturn as the EV brand for GM would make a lot of sense. It would take a little bit of time to work up to a luxury type car just based on the history, but I could see them doing it like Hyundai and Kia with their higher end vehicles and lines. I appreciate that there is a market for them, it's not going to get me to buy one, but I can see why people do want them. I'll probably end up with one when I'm no longer able to drive myself fully, and need the extra assist that the vehicle can provide. Would love to get a self driver for my dad, but I don't think he would appreciate it, even though he's pretty much blind at this point and could benefit from it.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

It's a military one? If so that is amazing. Yeah, they can go hard shell or soft top. Same with the doors. I use to love the soft doors in the summer. The door handles would always break though. Some flaw with the plastic. We were always stealing soft doors LOL! Everybody was doing it so it became a running joke in the Army. If you had good soft doors you would not have them for long.

Yeah. The OG model. He jokes he wants to mount a fake 50 cal to it. LOL. That truck is huge. It is funny because it really isn't all that spacious inside since the transmission is lifted and runs through middle of interior.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
An electric hummer!? SIGN ME UP!!!
Oh wait..... this is the automotive forum...

top topics

join