It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dems won't accept acquittal. No, really

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I am looking down the road when eventually, a Dem gets elected.

I cant wait to come back and bring up old snip here.

Then again will ATS even exist 12 years from now?

Sure it will, it's been around for over what 16 years now, I'm sure itll make it another 12

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Gojira54
The democrats have proven time and time again that they ONLY accept things when they get 100% of what they want.

They are like spoiled children. If they don't get 100% of their way 100% of the time, they throw temper tantrums.

Just look at how liberals are acting on social media today. The REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is as loud as ever

That might be true for the outrage mob on twitter, but most of the liberals that I personally know would grudgingly accept the verdict if they felt that the trial had been conducted in a fair and open manner.

They wouldn't like it, and they most certainly would complain about it, but they would accept it.

The problem is that this trial just doesn't feel right. It feels like a white wash. No witnesses, no cross, the defendant being allowed to refuse to hand over evidence and refuse to grant access to certain people.

We'd never in a million years accept it if Obama were to do the same, in fact we'd never accept it in a regular court case.

Imagine if a Democratic senator were allowed to do this after being accused of corruption?

Tell your liberal friends that when the Democrats run an investigation in a fair and open manner, they can have a trial conducted in a fair and open manner.

Until then, you get what you give. So forgive us as we turn away.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: SpartanStoic

If a civil war broke out in this country between the left and the right, it will be a HIGHLY entertaining half hour.

One side has over 300,000,000 guns and well over a trillion rounds of ammunition... the other side needs safe spaces and doesn't know which bathroom to use.

I can see the hashtag now... #DontShootWeAreInaGunFreeZone

There will never be a civil war in this country with the current political divisions. You can't have a war where only one side fights. As much as proggressives like to pretend they have it so hard here, it's so oppressive, so wrong, the conditions are terrible, in reality they have it so #ing good if they experienced 5 minutes of war they'd go home. No iPhone, no Starbucks, no avocado toast, somebody help me come up with more tropes. You get the idea. They're fine being in a mass in places like Seattle where they have 1000 antifa losers backing them up while they assault a lone Trump supporter. A real war would scare them back into place so fast you wouldn't even be able to call it one.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

a reply to: SpartanStoic

If a civil war broke out in this country between the left and the right, it will be a HIGHLY entertaining half hour.

One side has over 300,000,000 guns and well over a trillion rounds of ammunition... the other side needs safe spaces and doesn't know which bathroom to use.

I can see the hashtag now... #DontShootWeAreInaGunFreeZone

And yet whenever I point out the dreamy 'looking towards a civil war' posts by the right on ATS my post gets deleted. Shame what has happened around here.

And shameful that someone talking about "trillion rounds of ammunition" that would be used against other Americans gets stars. Stand against this extremely traitorous anti-American behavior ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

If you truly think a US civil war would be "highly entertaining," you have some serious mental health issues.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

And yet whenever I point out the dreamy 'looking towards a civil war' posts by the right on ATS my post gets deleted. Shame what has happened around here.

Your posts have been deleted for the reasons you stated?

Sorry - I call bull#.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My post though mostly serious was slightly in jest.

There won’t be a Civil War. I would hope beyond hope that CA would be removed from the union. That might sound crazy but considering where politics are now I don’t think it’s so far fetched.

CA brags about 5th largest economy in the world and their great politically correct state kick them out. They can make it on their own.

If the want a fight which I agree with posts here, they are total wussies, bring it on. Cut power to a few cities would stop things real quick. Militias already plan on this.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If Hillary could bury this anger. She'd make a decent vice presidential running mate for somebody with a very powerful personality.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted2

The House screwed it up completely. If they'd set out to screw it up deliberately, they could not have done a better job of it...

Witnesses are the job of the House. They screwed it up. The so-called "crimes" were nothing of the sort. They screwed that up, too.

The Senate did the only thing that was right to do. Acquittal on all counts.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

No...

It means the Senate decided that the charges brought were the sham, and acquitted. As was their job, in this case.

That you don't like the result is quite beside the point.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You notice how quiet Chuck Schumer was when Adam shiff and Jerry Nadler would not let Republicans have any Witnesses, or let the White House attorneys cross-examine any of the 18 Democrat Witnesses.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I did. Telling, no?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

Entertaining? Gotta disagree with you there.

Interesting, in a car crash sort of way? Maybe, but also in a car crash sort of way, catastrophic.

You might take a gander at the results of the last go 'round a hundred plus years ago. There's a reason for giving a civil war a miss.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

My God the whining and sky screaming from you people never ends.
The use of words like shameful would never be approached if you had
any powers of self observation at all. Truly a sickening hoard.

edit on 2-2-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And they shouldn't, Trump is freaking guilty as sin. The repuke senators who swore to uphold the constitution are all traitors and deserve to be hung. Then after that, Trump deserves to be hung.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I did. Telling, no?

Chuck Schumer is one of the few Democratic leaders who doesn't seem to have skeletons in his closet. Maybe he's just better at hiding them?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Y'all had "ironclad" evidence, remember??

Turns out...not so much.

Oh, well, no worries. I'm sure there'll be several more attempts made. So don't lose hope!!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: network dude

And they shouldn't, Trump is freaking guilty as sin. The repuke senators who swore to uphold the constitution are all traitors and deserve to be hung. Then after that, Trump deserves to be hung.

You know why Nixon resigned right... they had evidence that he was party to a crime so once he knew the republicans wouldn't protect him he left.

Fast forward to today, we have the democrats deciding to not use the judicial branch to make sure they got all the witnesses they wanted, they pushed through an impeachment vote based on I think, maybe, or possibly and now the republicans are fed up with the histrionics of Schiff and company.

IF they had found hard evidence that would work in a court of law that a crime occurred he would be done, they did not accomplish their due diligence and now most likely we get 4 more years of trump unless he decides not to run.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

IDK.

It was telling that there was nary a peep out of him during this run up. I do find that interesting!

He knew it was dead on arrival, so saved his political clout--and as Senate minority leader he's got a considerable amount of it--for another fight, another day. Wise on his part, I think.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Did you hear how McConnell announced this?

“After conferring with our colleagues in the house....”

Schumer and Pelosi asked the Senate leader to shut it down!

Why? Because a vote to allow witnesses would have added republican witness-calls:

-Joe Biden
-John Kerry who was “Obama’s Juliani,” applying pressure from the deep state
-the whistle-blower to testify that dems hired him
edit on 2-2-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join