It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: UFO sightings in North America jumped to nearly 6,000 in 2019

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I didn't see this anywhere on ATS so as I was researching another subject this came up. Until today I never heard of UFO sightings increasing as the MSM had been pushing that sightings were way down. So whats the truth as it seems that sightings are back up.

ABC News UFO sightings jump

California, Florida and Washington top the rankings for most UFO sightings. By Ivan Pereira January 8, 2020, 5:56 PM

The National UFO Reporting Center, which tracks calls and messages from people around the U.S. and Canada about strange sightings in the sky, reported that it received 5,971 sightings in 2019 -- a jump from 3,395 in 2018.

For me I saw a lot of weird stuff out in space in 2019. However I never submitted a report to NUFORC. Personally I think that much of what I observed is classified US space or air craft.

How about you?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

For me I saw a lot of weird stuff out in space in 2019.

Were/are you an astronaut? On the ISS? Does Jim Oberg know you've escaped?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
SpaceX Star Link was debuted in 2019. I watched from my back deck. Not knowing what they were, you could easily mistake them for UFO's. Little white orbs that increase in brightness, in a line, one after another for hours.

This is what people were seeing >
Click for picture

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I believe there’s some phenomenon going on .

That said

I’m going to post this anyway because I think it’s funny .

Plus the fact that people report these on a regular basis .

Triangular formation, short footage and bad lighting . All the characteristics of UFO videos .

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

We had 240 or so reported to MUFON Canada for 2019...
Guess who had to investigate over half?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Sir you are correct. Yes there are fringe kooks. However, do you really believe that [follow the bell curve] all people cant focus the camera.

Why is it that I never hear anyone in the "professional" UFO arena use stacking software to clarify a UFO? That's what astronomers do. So does the police ad FBI.

What about a truly possible UFO is using a countermeasure? Meaning to screw up a camera. Our military uses Yehudi lights since WWII. lights Never hear that mentioned too much also. I mean I have a video of an object and I recorded myself saying that I cant it anymore as I kept filming. But the other witnesses could see it clearly using binoculars. So I play the video back later, I saw nothing. So just before I was going to send it to the trash bin I adjusted the contrast and brightness. There he is. So I still have it.

Weird sheet is out there.

I try to keep an open mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Were/are you an astronaut?

No.

Does Jim Oberg know you've escaped

I think hes too busy trashing NASA Astronauts who claimed to have seen stuff.

So, to prove all wrong or right why doesn't or didn't he have the Shuttle boys film an experiment with thrust to show how ice crystals look like a UFO.

Never happened did it?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You have 1000's of lakes up there and not many people. I hope you were at least entertained. I filed one report with MUFON. I also sent them a video. They opened a case and that was almost 7 moths ago. Its still open, I guess.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I haven't seen anything like that. Most of what I saw were those orange pulsating - flashing objects. I surmise that they are classified aircraft or spacecraft.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I mentioned it in my first sentence.

I do believe there’s something out there .

Because I saw something I can’t explain

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The thing that makes the military the most happy is the personal drone. Now everyone can fly something lit up in the sky at night and they have a valid excuse – “It’s just a store bought drone!”

As soon as someone mass produces a Frisbee drone it will be all over for the civilian public. The military will have it made.

But at this point in time the burden of proof is on the government. They are the ones trying to sell us a story. That story is that NO UFO’S ARE ALIEN.

That story should have already been very easy to prove beyond any doubt.

In the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and 70’s all we needed was a saucer.

They had 40 years to provide us with one that everyone could walk up too and touch at your nearest airshow. That’s 40 years and they could not do it.

Another 40 years later and not only have they still have not done it, they cannot even give us a triangle.

Not one triangle in a museum.

Not one saucer in a museum.

And now the deniers are holding out hope for a Tic Tac they can touch.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If you want to PM me the case number, I can tell you the status of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hmmm, Trump just established a official Space Force.....coincidence?I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I believe there’s some phenomenon going on .

That said

I’m going to post this anyway because I think it’s funny .

Plus the fact that people report these on a regular basis .

Triangular formation, short footage and bad lighting . All the characteristics of UFO videos .

I see 'em...Awesome...

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Same here. I write on another secure blog. I use it since they assign a case number and I can post on it whenever as on ongoing diary of what, where, time, day, etc. So I write down what I see or add pictures or video. So if someone tries to debunk me down the road I have my evidence preserved by another organizations time stamp to preserve my facts as genuine. That's what the Feds taught me decades ago. Actually, they said to park your stuff in 3 places. The last thing I saw in space happened on August 10, 2019 over the Georgia Guide stones "region" at 4:30AM EST as I could not sleep. Based on getting no where here on ATS for help I am doing this for myself and will pursue a native Cherokee Indian historical expert as to why they felt that the Lake Hartwell, region was to them the center of the world from a "god" perspective before the colonists arrived in North America.

Actually , I will get off my dumper to actually try to solve something and spend my own money doing it. I hope I do as It will give me eternal peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think we should look at the bigger picture, seen in this graph:

Has E.T. Gone Home?

In that graph, the number for 2019 is shown as an open dot because it's only through September 11 2019. I haven't seen it updated on a graph yet but if abc News is correct about the final number for 2019 being 5971, there were quite a few reports after Sept 11.

However that only brings the number of reports about to where it was in 2011, still nowhere near the three peak years of 2012-2014. If there is a question about the data, it seems to me like the question should be "Why was the number of UFO reports so low in 2018?", not why it was high in 2019, because saying it was higher in 2019 than a very low year like 2018 isn't that remarkable, and 2019 reports weren't all that high from a broader historical perspective.

Some people have mentioned a correlation between UFO reports and UFOs in movies and television. Since the "Unidentified" television series aired last fall, could that be a factor in the uptick?

Newly released documents show that UFO sightings in the UK leapt five-fold in the same year that the alien invader blockbuster Independence Day was released. So is there a link between UFOs and science-fiction?

edit on 202022 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

First of all people are people and also have that sheep herd mentality. So when a new ET movie comes out I am sure they flock to their yards at night to observe the sky. yes, they see stuff. Much is garbage because they want their name in fame. It could simply be that a movie did that. I live in South Carolina and not much gets reported but a lot stuff zips around in space here at night. I also don't report much of what I see because I don't want my location known in public. I want no fame. I just want to know what I am seeing. Knowing the natives who we born here in my opinion they simply may have no interest in "space" stuff hence a low volume of reports.

Plus, who knows it could simply be that more people have bought more smart phones, cameras, telescopes, etc., and can take a picture and figure out its a plane. Or like me they see and don't report, anymore.

All I know is what I know because I have seen some stuff. A lot since moving here. Prior to that I never saw anything for 30+ years and I was outdoors at night quite often; 1000's of days with family, friends or neighbors just chilling and observing the night sky.

I can discern that some are classified military space-aircraft, but some others I cant say. Drones also cant move like a cursor on a PC or turn in a right angle across the sky. They would melt from the friction. Hologram? Nah.

edit on 2-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 2-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

What about a truly possible UFO is using a countermeasure?

I try to keep an open mind.

Seems like 'They' know our current cell phone camera capabilities))
No one can properly zoom in) like 'they' keep certain distance from possibly detailed shot.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Encounter

Some other member posted about a UFO over California so I read it. So I then saw another posted on YouTube by Linda Miller, which appears to be military air or space craft over California. Based on those who have viewed the video they seem to think that its a cloaking device malfunction. I was interested in it as it has the exact colors of a UFO I saw back in 2018.

YouTube - Linda Miller

I and several others saw [7] objects in space on May 4, 2018 that had the same colors as in Linda Millers video. Although we could see them without binoculars and that they were multi-color pulsating-flashing objects [red, green, yellow, white, blue and possibly orange], I believe they are a crude means of a cloaking device as I could not see them through the lens when I tried to record them with my camera. However, we could see them. Then when I played back all videos there was nothing.

I never trashed the videos of what we all saw in May 2018. I was going to delete them because they were all blank. Before I did that I changed the Brightness and Contrast to 125% and the objects were then visible so I kept all of the videos. Including one in which I am recorded saying I cant see them but I continued to film and you then can hear another witness saying; "they are really bright" I sent several videos into another UFO group called ********* They wrote an email back saying my videos are excellent and that they are seeing a "triangle", based on their imaging enhancement capabilities. Then they sent me a questionnaire about my experience with UFO's. So I filled it out. As such they have kept two [2] separate Case Files "open" but no longer communicate with me. That's since June 2019 when I completed their questionnaire.

Weird? What we saw moved so quick in space like a zig zag cursor on a PC screen that it could not have been powered by a jet engine. The metal would melt because of the friction, plus there was no sound and no contrails.

So who owns them?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Waterglass,

I have seen UFO three times. I know they are here.

join