It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Social Experiment: A MAGA Hat In Melbourne, Aus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

So these ladies have super powers that can spot invisible disabilities?

Nothing against middle aged women except for when they huff and puff and give me dirty looks for nothing.

Does chivalry trump equality? I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to behave in this brave new world.

I'm thin because I have self control over what I put in to my body, go to the gym 4 times a week and run 5km's 2-3 times a week.

I'll tell Mum and Dad you would like to catch up then?

edit on 3112020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Go ahead and beat your chest and wear your MAGA hat-not because you are proud to be a Trumper (I am a Trumper but don't try to irritate those who arn't) but to get reactions from people who don't wear political hats and are old, fatter and possibly disabled.

You may end up with more than dirty looks from your mother's friends. Then, again, you might learn a good lesson.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

That's the thing, I'm not even a 'Trumper'. I do think he was (by far) the best candidate in the last election and will be in this one though. He's also achieved a lot more than any other US President in probably 20 years or more too.

Not trying to trigger the old, disabled or fat. If people can't handle four words on a red hat then it says a lot more about them than it does me.

I genuinely want to see how far gone and divided people in Melbour are and if a hat would trigger them. I'm not left, right, Trump, Sanders or any other one of them. I think people who identify as such are part of if not, THE bloody problem!

What do you estimate my mother's friends would do to me for wearing a red hat? She doesn't really have any tbh and the ones she does have I don't see

edit on 3112020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Are you going t tell people it stands for "Make Australia great again"?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think its great...mainly cause I understand Ausie humor. Go watch some older Australia Today shows with Karl whats his name.

Good luck fella, I liked Sydney. Went there for Christmas in 1998....I didnt meet one local as, and we had no clue, it turns into the worlds larvest LQBTQPLMZX meeting in the world and all the locals had buggered off elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Operation quo

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Yeah, why not. But you’d need to get a negative verbal or physical reaction to be valid and you’d owe me if you didn’t.

So I’d advise ya not to accept... lol.

Anyone in the CBD commuting home from work is going to just assume it’s a novelty hat or realize that your deliberately trying to be controversial.

And to be honest, even if someone assumed you were a hardcore Trump supporter, I highly doubt you’d get the negative reaction you seem to be fishing for... Melburnians as a whole are a fairly accepting and tolerant bunch

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

So, you are not aTrump supporter nor even an American citizen. You are going to don a MAGA red hat and wear it in an Australian commute not an American one. You say you are wanting to record video of reactions as a social experiment.

I really do not understand why? What is your true motivation? I mean specifically, what made you come up with this idea to buy a hat? Let alone decide to experiment? A conversation, debate, video, etc?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Don’t carry anything with your dominant arm .

Keep it free in case you need it .

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Hi all,

Today I purchased myself one of those evil red hats.

I plan on wearing this hat in the CBD of Melbourne Australia between my office and the train station and on my commute back.

The results shall be interesting. I ordered it today so probably won't have it until next week but will be sure to post results.

If you're in Melbourne and you see a handsome, early 30's guy in office attire come say hi. Or punch me in the face...such is trhe experiment.

You're going to wear a MAGA hat in the heart of Daniel Andrews Communist "Fruitopia"..!?!

Nice knowing you..!!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You are gutsy. Ill be looking forward to your followup thread. And Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

So, you are not aTrump supporter nor even an American citizen. You are going to don a MAGA red hat and wear it in an Australian commute not an American one. You say you are wanting to record video of reactions as a social experiment.

I really do not understand why? What is your true motivation? I mean specifically, what made you come up with this idea to buy a hat? Let alone decide to experiment? A conversation, debate, video, etc?

I never said I wanted to record video but yes, that is what I want to do. I have a theory regarding the political climate in Melbourne and this is a way to test it.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Time will tell my friend.

Melburnians love people thinking they're a tolerant bunch but in reality I think a lot of them are arrogant, condescending jerks.

Luckily I only work there and live in the country

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Thing is mate...

TDS isn't isolated to the US alone.

TDS is everywhere across the western world (and beyond)..!!

If you want to test the level of Liberal progressiveness (otherwise known as certifiable Insanity), in a particular nation or region, wear a MAGA hat..!!
edit on 31-1-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join