It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Manager Says Steele Dossier Wasn't Improper Interference Because It Was "Bought"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Did he say what I thought he said?

House impeachment manager Rep. Hakeem Jeffries was attempting to answer this question, directed to House Impeachment Managers: “Under the House managers’ standard, would the Steele dossier be considered as foreign interference in a U.S. election, a violation of the law, and/or an impeachable offense?”

Jeffries stated that the Steele Dossier was a “conspiracy theory” and didn't violate any law, because "it was opposition research that was purchased.” Then he had the audacity to talk about "the underlying issue of the avoidance of facts."

However, the dossier was proven to be false by the DOJ Inspector General report, which "led to improper surveillance of the Trump campaign."

Jeffries replied: “The analogy is not applicable to the present situation because, first, to the extent that opposition research was obtained, it was opposition research that was purchased.”

He also referred to allegations about the dossier as a “conspiracy theory.”

A recent Department of Justice Inspector General report noted the FBI had found that the “Steele dossier” was false — but kept referring to it as legitimate in applications for renewals of surveillance warrants.

He (White House lawyer Jay Sekulow) also said that the story of the “dossier” was not a conspiracy theory, but a true one — and that the dossier led to improper surveillance of the Trump campaign.

LINK

So, did Jeffries admit on the Senate floor, that Democrats tried to rig the 2016 election by "purchasing" phony opposition research from a foreign source? Did he also imply that because this "research" was bought, it's not a a violation of the law? Isn't ironic that the House Judiciary Report claimed that President Trump is trying to "rig" the 2020 election?

edit on 1/30/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What a desperate statement by Hakeem Jeffries 😆

I wonder how many people will believe that ? 😆

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

More than you and I could even imagine.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Their lies have caught up with them and now they're talking themselves into circles.

They'll be popping aneurysms before November if they're not careful.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If you pay someone to write false evidence against your political opponent, that is definitely all right, especially if that evidence is used to discredit the president of the united states. Are these managers that stupid or have they gone Hulu.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh the irony of his words “The avoidance of facts”
Democrats avoid facts even when they are slapped in face with them.
Time and time again.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

At this point I think they are forgetting about the 74% of American voters that are not registered Democrat.

Oh wait... now it's 76%...

What will it be this November?

#RunThePhuckAwayTheyAreCrayCray

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's ironic I'm finding myself rooting for witnesses, along with the idiots on CNN at this moment. Schiff-Ciaramella-Vindman need to be exposed during this trial, because it will never happen afterwards.

Maybe even Jeffries will have a few skeletons pulled out into the sunshine.

edit on 1/30/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The Dems remind me of that guy in high school who had 4 girl friends. Then those 4 girls became friends....

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I can’t wait to see the backlash at the ballot box in November. It is going to hit these morons like a ton of bricks and they are too stupid to see it coming.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I can’t wait to see the backlash at the ballot box in November. It is going to hit these morons like a ton of bricks and they are too stupid to see it coming.

I actually don't think they are stupid.

Or they would not have the influence they have over America.

No...

I think they are desperate.

In a "Holy Schiff are we actually going to be held accountable for all the shady stuff we have done forever to make a ton of money?" kinda desperate.

I'm having fun watching it.

It smells like desperation.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Most Dems are from big cities. Big cities are full of pollutants that make people vote for stupid leaders.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Should have never spied on him. I know Obama regrets it but he has to live with it. He should have known. Don't ever mess with someone with a lot of money and supporters who clearly says and demonstrates he strikes back even harder. Go ahead and punch him in the face. He will roar back with a couple rolls of quarters in a sock and swing it fifty times.

Obama screwed up.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Obama was illegally investigating his political rival and threat to his legacy, Trump.

How is weaponizing the whole intelligence community and justice community then launching an investigation that was completely made up and, more than lied to the FISA courts but that the FISA courts were complicent and we have to pretend that this impeachment isn't a badly cloaked coup attempt.

The craziness in the current political climate is unreal.

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Should have never spied on him. I know Obama regrets it but he has to live with it. He should have known. Don't ever mess with someone with a lot of money and supporters who clearly says and demonstrates he strikes back even harder. Go ahead and punch him in the face. He will roar back with a couple rolls of quarters in a sock and swing it fifty times.

Obama screwed up.

edit on 30-1-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is far from over. One thing, and really the main thing I learned in the military; know your enemy. Know them better than yourself. Know what they are capable of doing worse case scenario.

Obama underestimated his enemies over and over. Isis, Syria, Russia, Iran and Trump. I don't know why he never got it but he didn't. He's going to pay for this illegal spying in full and some. It won't be jail time but his legacy is now a pile of ashes. History will frown upon him with extreme prejudice. The ACA, his only "thing" has been ripped to pieces. In a few years nobody will even remember it.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't think it will. They know they are going to lose the election, but now they can say 'We told you that Trump will cheat and win the election, Impeach him! Impeach him! ' at least until their focus ends up on the next 2024 election candidate. Sigh.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Hey officer...that heroin is legal. Its medication that was purchsed!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Only the ones who know the law.

Citizens of the US have a right to free speech during elections just as at other times. And that right even extends to making false statements. That’s why all the idiots who were promoting pizzagate weren’t breaking the law, with the exception of the guy who went there and shot the place up. He was not prosecuted for believing and propagating bull puckey (which he obviously was) but for firearms violations.

Similarly, the Steele investigation did not break any law, if it had, its a pretty good bet that Jeff Sessions would have prosecuted it. There is an entire industry based on opposition research; as long as you are a US citizen and are paying for the research, you are exercising your First Ammendment rights. There is no law against hiring a foreign national to help you. If you think there was a law broken there, please feel free to cite it.

On the other hand, there is a very specific law that prohibits foreign nationals from making contributions or donations to a federal campaign. It is 52 USC 30121. It says, in part:

It shall be unlawful for:
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

This law was written because of Bill Clinton. In his 1996 campaign, he had an arrangement with the Chinese embassy that amounted to the Chinese making donations to help get him elected. In the subsequent investigation, no one could find a specific law that was broken, so they passed 52 USC 30121 to try to make sure that wouldn’t happen again.

If Trump had simply hired Giuliani with his own money to tramp around Ukraine and pay Ukrainians to either give him or make up dirt on Biden, there would not have been any law broken. But that’s not what happened. Trump solicited a foreign head of state to undertake an official act for his benefit.

Apparently, neither you nor Trump either know about or care about this law.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: xuenchen

Only the ones who know the law.

Citizens of the US have a right to free speech during elections just as at other times. And that right even extends to making false statements. That’s why all the idiots who were promoting pizzagate weren’t breaking the law, with the exception of the guy who went there and shot the place up. He was not prosecuted for believing and propagating bull puckey (which he obviously was) but for firearms violations.

Similarly, the Steele investigation did not break any law, if it had, its a pretty good bet that Jeff Sessions would have prosecuted it. There is an entire industry based on opposition research; as long as you are a US citizen and are paying for the research, you are exercising your First Ammendment rights. There is no law against hiring a foreign national to help you. If you think there was a law broken there, please feel free to cite it.

On the other hand, there is a very specific law that prohibits foreign nationals from making contributions or donations to a federal campaign. It is 52 USC 30121. It says, in part:

It shall be unlawful for:
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

This law was written because of Bill Clinton. In his 1996 campaign, he had an arrangement with the Chinese embassy that amounted to the Chinese making donations to help get him elected. In the subsequent investigation, no one could find a specific law that was broken, so they passed 52 USC 30121 to try to make sure that wouldn’t happen again.

If Trump had simply hired Giuliani with his own money to tramp around Ukraine and pay Ukrainians to either give him or make up dirt on Biden, there would not have been any law broken. But that’s not what happened. Trump solicited a foreign head of state to undertake an official act for his benefit.

Apparently, neither you nor Trump either know about or care about this law.

Democrats and corrupt politicians count on people not knowing the law to gyp them out of their votes, prevent the citizens from actually knowing how and where there tax money is being used, and generally just to f**k up their constitutional rights!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Lumenari

Most Dems are from big cities. Big cities are full of pollutants that make people vote for stupid leaders.

Liberal ran cities, progs anyway. And they blame the Conservatives for the cities the Lib run as if we can't see them running them in the ground like Baltimore and San Fran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join