It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sham of Fact Checking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Before the 2016 election I was fact checking if it was true the Clintons stole items from the White House. Bottomline they did. They had to return items. 100% true. If something is taken that does not belong to the person who took it, that is theft. No way around it. Those items did not end up in their possession by accident. Someone tagged it for the taking.

The fact checking sites though go down this long, long rabbit hole on the issue. Then they use this meter thing that doesn't answer the yes or no question. It's a simple answer, no need for a meter. The meter is a way of softening the blow as best they can. It's damage control.

Fast forward to today and I keep seeing Trump is a liar. Thousands of lies and counting. I'm not discrediting those but he ran on a list of issues that, for the most part he honored. Compared that to what Obama ran on in 2008 and there is no comparison. Almost everything he said he would do never happened. So who is the biggest liar out of them. Going off campaign promises, that would be Obama. He didn't get anything done going off his promises.

Even the fact checking site meter kinda dings him on it but not too hard which is nonsense. Going off campaign promises Obama is the biggest liar. No green jobs, no new NAFTA, no affordable health insurance for everyone, no leaving Iraq, Afghanistan, no closing of Gitmo. I could go on and on but the media will never call him out on it. Obama was a large busted bag of lies.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

well obama made sure everybody had health insurance that cost just as much as the old way, and everybody had to pay for it or get fined.

and he made a deal with iran and gave them billions.

give the man credit.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich?

It's sad when people tout their politicians as "he lies much less, only a few thousand lies versus ten thousand".

Basically.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"Fact checkers" are no more than partisan propaganda now.
Funny you made this thread, I JUST finished watching this video from Zeducation.

If you rely on some website to 'fact check' for you, you have already accepted your servitude, enjoy the Utopia comrade.

edit on 1 30 2020 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Choosing between a douche and a turd sandwich?

It's sad when people tout their politicians as "he lies much less, only a few thousand lies versus ten thousand".

Basically.

I'm talking about campaign promises. If there are 10 things you want and I get them for you when I said I would, would you not be happy. Of course you would. You would say I did what I said.

Now, what if I had to tell a bunch of stupid lies to get you those things. Would you be upset. What if I told you there was no way to get those things for you unless I lied.

My point is yes, he does lie. But, he is honoring things he said he would do for his voters. Obama just lied for the hell of it and delivered nothing he promised.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The establishment doesn't allow for a sitting president to actually do anything really unless it' benefits them and those who lobby them.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The establishment doesn't allow for a sitting president to actually do anything really unless it' benefits them and those who lobby them.

Exactly.

And about fact checkers - they are middlemen gatekeeping the truth.

I don't trust any "fact checking" websites.

What I do is just look up things on my own, look at opposing views, then form my own position with the caveat it's subject to change as I learn new information.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I don't believe Obama (or Trump) lies for the hell of it.

As far as I can tell is that they were both puppets for TPTB and served their purpose to distract everyone from reality.

I also don't believe we have a legitimately elected representative govt anymore. I argue that the owners of the MSM control who has a chance and who doesn't.

In other words, the MSM won't even acknowledge or talk about candidates except their chosen ones. Therefore defacto control to the extent they own our govt and officials.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Every time I see or hear "Trump is a puppet" I laugh because that couldn't be further from the truth. He's no one's puppet, he does what he wants to and F anyone that gets in his way. Fortunately for us, almost everything he's done has been for the good of the People, not the government.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Everything he's done is basically just picking up where Reagan was going with the GOPs neo con shenanigans.

"Make America Great Again" ... sound familiar?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm not giving Obama a pass on his promise to re-work NAFTA but the economy was jacked up when he got it. Still though, he made that promise and had eight years to improve it. He did nothing along with a bunch of other campaign promises. Then he just started getting stupid with the keep your doctor crap. People finally had enough. That one lie broke him in half for good.

He admitted a while back he tried to push too hard when just fixing NAFTA alone, the drug pricing would have been enough. The US is subsidizing Mexico and Canadian drugs. Getting those prices down would have gone a long way. He just got stupid with the ACA. That bill was not needed. It was really just a handful of issues he could have fixed.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Every time I see or hear "Trump is a puppet" I laugh because that couldn't be further from the truth. He's no one's puppet, he does what he wants to and F anyone that gets in his way. Fortunately for us, almost everything he's done has been for the good of the People, not the government.

I cannot laugh at the fact most people actually believe Trump is a Maverick. It's actually very unsettling to realize no one questions their own belief systems or their sources.

This is exactly how people treated Obama, they honest to God believed he was the messiah just like people are doing with Trump now.

New boss same as old boss.

Sadly with all the insanity from Dems and Repubs these days it's only get worse as the brainwashed masses assure me the leader is a rebel (ya, right) and everyone gets more and more extremist as they claim they are moderates.

It's all BS made to placate and control the populace and the extremist partisanship will destroy our Constitution and nation completely.

In the end no one will win, everyone will be robots regurgitating what the tv said to believe, and everyone will continue assuring me "their politician" is the messiah etc etc.

I'm so frustrated with the hypocrisy that I don't even bother trying to point out the truth to most ppl anymore.

Both sides live in their own closed reality and believe in only points that support their team. We have two alternative choices for political belief and BOTH of them are complete utter lies.

So I reject the whole system due to it being completely corrupted and undermined. Voting is a sham to convince the cattle they have a choice when the reality is the Media conglomerates are the ones choosing who's name is on the ballot.

My voice has no place at any table because there's like some magical law of the universe that insists all politicians are selfish liars willing to sell everyone out for small term gains.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yea they say Trump's claimClinton acid washed her PC false. She used a app called bleach bit😂 wtf

Then Biden didn't bribe Ukraine over the prosecutor.... Because technically it was extortion not bribery.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

When Trump won I hoped he would be cleaning up the swamp. But the foreign politics have not changes. CIA is still using Wahabbi insurgents (ISIS mercenaries) for regime change in for instance Syria.

Create a problem in a country to justify moving your military there to create regime change.

US could have deescalated the situation but the gas line projects from Israel and Saudi Arabia to Europe took priority over Syrian citizens right to not have ISIS murdering them. Turkey did not get the gas they wanted from Saudi Arabia and Israel and pivoted over to Russia instead. And CIA tried to regime change Erdogan since he did not play ball anymore. Erdogan is a corrupt bastard since he allowed the ISIS oil sale thru Tyrkey to Israel for personal gain.

Now the Israel gas line will go thru Greece to Italy the water way. Israel have not given back the occupied Golan highs to Syria (lot of natural gas). Occupation is morally ok to MSM when it is Israel doing it.

If US government really believe in fair free market they should allow free competition not underhanded politics to create oligarchies and monopolies.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Exactly both parties prevent the other party from accomplishing their campaign promises. I guess ATS now believes the left and right get a long. No mental problems on this site...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Thank you for that response, you've given me a lot to ponder today.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

"America is the greatest fighting force for peace, justice and freedom in the history of the world. We have become a lot stronger lately. We are not going to apologize for America. We are going to stand up for America."

Then why did you vote (I'm going to assume you did) for a party that was willing to impede on free trade from the get go? Trump was murmuring tariffs on all America's allies before he got elected, the GOP is anti free trade and pure capitalist.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

"America is the greatest fighting force for peace, justice and freedom in the history of the world. We have become a lot stronger lately. We are not going to apologize for America. We are going to stand up for America."

Then why did you vote (I'm going to assume you did) for a party that was willing to impede on free trade from the get go? Trump was murmuring tariffs on all America's allies before he got elected, the GOP is anti free trade and pure capitalist.

I'm from Sweden so I cannot vote for US presidents. And I do not vote at all in Sweden anymore since it is the same fake 2 opposite side that is controlled by the same Globalists just like in the US. Your vote always comes up bankers choice no matter what side you choose. Direct democracy should be implemented so banking cartels cannot buy democracy by corrupting the politicians.

The politician that seem to be worth listening seem to be Ron Paul. But if he really will drain the Banking Cartel I am very unsure off.

When Trump won I hoped he would be cleaning up the swamp. I knew both Clinton:s, Obama and Bush was part of the Swamp.
edit on 1-2-2020 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join