It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Depot Clerk though I had Coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ok, this is Funnnnnnnnnneeee, seriously hilarious!

I've been having some pesky allergy symptoms. I rarely take allergy meds, but it was really bugging me so
I took a few pills. They make me a bit groggy and very tired looking.

So I was running errands and had to stop at Home Depot. We are getting ready to sell the house and I needed to stock up
on tons of cleaning supplies. So I got bleach, spray disinfectant, scrubbers, several rubber gloves, and detergent.

So imagine this scenario
-100% cleaning/disinfecting supplies,
-I'm Asian
-I look groggy, possibly sick.

I go to the self checkout and an error pops up. I see the clerk, she mouths "oh crap".
I didn't think much of it until she didn't want to touch anything and asked me to re-scan. She quickly left, and
I swear she was trying not to breathe/inhale while I was walking out.

I know the Corona-virus isn't funny, but this seriously has me cracking up. I don't blame the poor clerk.
This virus is still pretty low key in the States, but I wonder if it gets any worse will mass hysteria break out?
Our area still has regular flu going on, that coupled with the Wuflu could get interesting.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm now wearing gloves when I reply to you, no offense. . . . .

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Me and a mate, years ago on a train, both had a cold, and were coughing.. I suddenly said "Now my fingernails are bleeding. I knew we shouldn't hav e gone to Bali.." and he said "Yeah, especially with that virus going around." and we kept coughing.

Passengers moved away from us like flies off a pretend turd..

The problem was, this one chick and her boyfriend didn't move... she turned to us, and said "You guys are terrible!" and we recognisdr her as the top chick from the local bottleshop, having a giggle at what she knew we were doing from the start.. haha.

Damn it, even global panic cannot be started because there is always someone there to say "Oh you guys..." lol

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You should get some makeup to make you look really sick a really cheap paper mask and go around trying to hand out free 1$ coins having them all in your hand and occasionally cough on the coins

If anyone asks why your giving away money just say you wont be needing it where your going

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Did you tell her you don't drink Corona?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

2 days ago I went to doctor's office because my bad knees. They have like 5 doctors working as a team, so you may see a different doctor each time.

This time the doctor who saw me was an Asian lady and she was wearing a mask. The other doctors weren't wearing masks.

She's smarter than the other doctors according to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I was squatting next to a Chinese guy in the Gym on Monday who was coughing, and I was looking at him thinking ''Oh #'' before realizing I was being a bit stupid lol

Made me feel bad, and a bit dumb!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I know the Corona-virus isn't funny, but this seriously has me cracking up. I don't blame the poor clerk.
This virus is still pretty low key in the States, but I wonder if it gets any worse will mass hysteria break out?
Our area still has regular flu going on, that coupled with the Wuflu could get interesting.

Do you know how easy it is to get sick from customers in a retail establishment? Yeah, funny and ridicule the clerk, just trying to make an honest living. Bad form!!

Karma works in strange ways. Even to affecting your family to teach you a lesson.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Here’s hoping you don’t end up in an interment camp of some type.

“Just in case” or, even better, “For your own safety”.

Others before you have.

Most of them weren’t even thought to be I’ll.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Visited my favorite Chinese herbal shop yesterday and the youngish clerk was wearing a mask. I innocently asked "how's business" without thinking. She just silently stared at me. I got the message and felt badly. And stocked up.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you know how easy it is to get sick from customers in a retail establishment? Yeah, funny and ridicule the clerk, just trying to make an honest living. Bad form!!

Karma works in strange ways. Even to affecting your family to teach you a lesson.

Having a hard day?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I saw two lovely Asian ladies wearing masks at Costco, today.

It's a shame...I really liked Costco.

I'll miss all those samples, too.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I used soy sauce once.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, funny and ridicule the clerk, just trying to make an honest living. Bad form!!

HUH??
I was making fun of me more than the clerk...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, funny and ridicule the clerk, just trying to make an honest living. Bad form!!

HUH??
I was making fun of me more than the clerk...

You're Asian and obviously diseased, so it's okay to mock you now.

Duh.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I saw two lovely Asian ladies wearing masks at Costco, today.

It's a shame...I really liked Costco.

I'll miss all those samples, too.

Wow, those ladies are smart! I bet a few coughs at the right time and they can breeze through the lines at Costco!
the receipt checker might hurry it up too.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A co-worker's husband headed into the ER a few days ago for a nasty cough and a fever. Flu, right? The nurses there apparently freaked out and bustled him straight to quarantine. Didn't even check him in or do triage. It was straight to an isolation room and an x-ray. Tiny town in Western Canada.

Her and her husband were laughing afterward at how fast he got into the ER. And yeah, it was just the flu.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Peeps should whip out these stats to peeps making a big deal of corona flu.

"So far, 8,200 people have died and 140,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC."

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It's not quite the same, but it goes to show how weird people are when it comes to perceived illness -- you should see how people give me a wide berth when the oil glands in my eyelids clog -- it's basically a very small Chalazion cyst that produces a buttload of swelling for a week or two before going away on it's own, and sometimes makes it look like I have a mild black eye if I had to wash it or rinse it immediately beforehand -- it's just irritation discoloration. And I always lose the eyelashes in the area, too, from basic blotting & rinse care.

So yeah, it looks pretty god-awful, like I have some contagious eye disease or something.

I had that crop up one time when I had a cold, and oh my GAWD, people acted like I had the plague or something. Damn folks, you couldn't give two s#s less if I was sneezing and coughing all over the place, but throw in wonky eye swelling with the sneezing and coughing, and it's all, "WHOA, what did you catch??" from 10 feet away.

XD
edit on 1/31/2020 by Nyiah because: actually, realistically speaking, more like 10 feet, 3 feet is pretty close.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join