It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the Kobe Bryant Rape Allegations Some Questions for Our Resident Left-Wingers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Kobe didn’t have to rape anyone.

Girls fell in front of him wherever he went.

Let’s not do this, the man has barely assumed room temperature.

The appropriate time to speak about this is the same as the appropriate time to make jokes about a celebrity who died.

The moment the heart stops beating.

It is never "too soon".

And apparently he did have to rape someone because he all but admitted to it.

Just because someone is rich, famous and has women throwing themselves at him does not mean he is incapable of rape.
edit on 30-1-2020 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

When Jackson died, I was online making fun of it

What the hell is the point of this thread. What point are you trying to make.

You just outed yourself for being a douche. And now you want us to care that we are not letting douches tarnish the death of someone so quickly this time around?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

When Jackson died, I was online making fun of it

What the hell is the point of this thread. What point are you trying to make.

You just outed yourself for being a douche. And now you want us to care that we are not letting douches tarnish the death of someone so quickly this time around?

Nice deflection...

And I'm not trying to tarnish anything (in my opinion, Kobe tarnished his own reputation.. but that is a moot point)..

If you don't find the reaction from the left over Kobe a bit hypocritical, it's likely because you're a hypocrite.

#BelieveAllWomen ... but only if they accuse a right-winger

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
I don't think people are overlooking anything. They're just being respectful. He was a husband and a father, and a family is grieving their loss. Why the rush to politicize it?

I don't know... ask these people www.redstate.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well, to be fair they love Bill Clinton too. His list of sexual misconduct is a mile long. Can you IMAGINE if Trump had an intern in the oval office giving him oral sex?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Well, to be fair they love Bill Clinton too. His list of sexual misconduct is a mile long. Can you IMAGINE if Trump had an intern in the oval office giving him oral sex?

I can imagine.. for some reason, allegations against Trump have been brought up here by people who don't seem to want to talk about allegations against Kobe.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't see how rape is a left, right or political thing. Care to explain - there was never any mention of James Brown's peadophilia, taking minors across state borders and rape when he died or corruption/offshore bank accounts reported in deaths of businessmen, politicians and bankers.

Lefty and ex-journo from the UK - newspapers don't write, report obituaries in the way you seem to think, they're a department called the morgue and staffed by 'journalists' who can't write/research and also used as a threat in the newsroom to force journalists to work harder.

All obituaries are pre-written years in advance and kept updated by the most incompetent people in the newsroom so Copy can be published/broacast/printed within 10 - 15 minues of the death of a famous person.

The type of content you're expecting takes a few days/weeks to get together and is in opinion, Sunday publications, not in the news section.

Most newspapers/news orgs copy and paste 'page filler content' from Wikipedia - there's been jokes, competitions, pranks by journalists over the years to make ludicrous edits to Wiki just after a death or when one is imminent and see how many national/international news orgs fall for them and report it as fact for a laugh/show how bad certain sub editors and journalists are.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I can't believe some of the commentary in this thread.

"But, but, but look at the work he has done with womens sports and he turned in to a good guy after he raped that chick"

Seriously, have a listen to yourselves.

If he was white there'd be a gaggle of feminists and half of you loonies in the street celebrating.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Usually that makes them want to rape a woman who won't throw herself at him

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: iPray2Allah

But that is not why I posted I wanted to say you're not supposed to talk bad about dead people can we drop the subject he's not here to defend himself the guy's dead God Rest his soul you guys are all Despicable and if you want people to talk about you and you're dead or you claim you don't care I don't believe you shucks a big atheist in the world and he don't want anybody talking about him when he's dead trust me and better be sunshine if they do say anything at all

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Why don't Trump supporters don't care if he's a rapist? They ignore him grabbing random women by their genitalia, they ignore his rapist friends like Epstein, and the 25+ women that have claimed he raped them.

Oh well... Don Trump is probably a rapist, but at least he's a great president #MAGA

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Gojira54
a reply to: dragonridr

What people do after the alleged incident should be irrelevant to these people.. See Justice Kavanaugh.

Pfft.

Justice Kavanaugh should be so truthful and graceful! That was his problem. He couldn't even admit that he might have drank a wee bit too much during his youthful party years.

Blasey Ford was a liar. If I have to believe her, then you have to believe Juanita Broaddrick.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay Electronica

What does Trump have to do with this other than to point out how the left would rather talk about the allegations against Trump than defend treating Kobe like a hero despite being blamed for raping a 19 year old?

#BelieveAllWomen... but only if they blame conservatives. If they blame someone who could bounce a ball and put it through a hoop, and who publicly showed distaste for Trump, treat that man like the hero he wasn't!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iPray2Allah

Usually that makes them want to rape a woman who won't throw herself at him

You know this because...?

Experience?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
I don't see how rape is a left, right or political thing. Care to explain - there was never any mention of James Brown's peadophilia, taking minors across state borders and rape when he died or corruption/offshore bank accounts reported in deaths of businessmen, politicians and bankers.

Lefty and ex-journo from the UK - newspapers don't write, report obituaries in the way you seem to think, they're a department called the morgue and staffed by 'journalists' who can't write/research and also used as a threat in the newsroom to force journalists to work harder.

All obituaries are pre-written years in advance and kept updated by the most incompetent people in the newsroom so Copy can be published/broacast/printed within 10 - 15 minues of the death of a famous person.

The type of content you're expecting takes a few days/weeks to get together and is in opinion, Sunday publications, not in the news section.

Most newspapers/news orgs copy and paste 'page filler content' from Wikipedia - there's been jokes, competitions, pranks by journalists over the years to make ludicrous edits to Wiki just after a death or when one is imminent and see how many national/international news orgs fall for them and report it as fact for a laugh/show how bad certain sub editors and journalists are.

Rape isn't a left or right wing thing.. I just find it funny that the people who seem to live to destroy a man's life over a mere allegation (past or present never seems to matter to them) are virtually silent about Kobe.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I can't believe some of the commentary in this thread.

"But, but, but look at the work he has done with womens sports and he turned in to a good guy after he raped that chick"

Seriously, have a listen to yourselves.

If he was white there'd be a gaggle of feminists and half of you loonies in the street celebrating.

Or maybe if he said he thought Trump could unite the country instead of saying he'll just divide the country, they'd be SCREAMING about anyone who would dare call that rapist a hero.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It's not really fair (or correct) to lump "the left" into the same box, and then presume that if you haven't seen it happen, that it isn't happening.

There are plenty of feminists discussing Kobe's rape charges, and the media fawning, as well as the media silence on the rape charges -- especially the Washington Post reporter who was suspended (now reinstated) who tweeted about the rape charges.... Not only do women have to worry about their jobs if the speak of Kobe's rape charges, they have to fear the very real (and sometimes very violent) threats against them. For example:

Another tweet included a screenshot of an email she had received containing death threats and abuse, which showed the full names of the sender. “Piece of s***. Go f*** yourself. C***,” the email said. She tweeted the email to underscore “the pressure people come under to stay silent in these cases.”

Why Did the Washington Post Suspend a Reporter After She Tweeted About Kobe Bryant’s Rape Allegation?
Generally speaking, these same women are discussing this in context of the greater problem of silencing women, especially around transgender issues.

I'm not making excuses for them though. Just filling in some blanks. I'm more than a little disappointed in the self-proclaimed feminists who self-censor to protect themselves while pretending to promote women's interests against the oh-so-dreaded patriarchy... but that's a whole 'nother thread!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm putting this here in the mud-pit, because I believe this is political. If I put it in the wrong forum, admins please move it to where it belongs...

Personally, I believe Kobe Bryant was guilty. To me his apology reads like a half confession... but that is besides the point. I can agree to disagree with people on that matter.

I am kind of shocked at the response to his death from liberal america. They are heaping praise on the man and calling him a hero. Are we not supposed to #BelieveAllWomen? Where is the outrage? Where are the feminists marching in the street in their pink pussy hats? Why are they jumping to Kobe's defense when someone brings up the 2003 incident? Isn't an allegation all they need to try to destroy someone's life and legacy? And why aren't you all attacking the people who bring up the accuser's background, story, sperm stained panties, sexual history, or anything else about her? Why aren't you reminding people that she refused to testify because her name leaked to the press, her picture got on the cover of the Enquirer, and the death threats she and her family were recieving? Why is the #MeToo movement silent?

Is being really really good at bouncing a ball up and down a court, and putting it through a hoop, enough to give a guy a pass?

What gives?

Typical OP from a braindead liberal mental midget.

So, you are saying that a person cannot learn from mistakes they may have made in their past to become a better person? Who am I kidding, you all literally believe all humans can be checked into certain boxes and individualism is for the birds.

And then wonder why Donald Trump is your Prez LOL

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

it's also not very heroic to abuse a person's death for your own ideological purposes. it's an old story. take hitchcock. a sadist who psychologically abused women. but one of the greatest directors of all time. i love his movies. woody allen. polanski. there are countless celebrities with dark pasts. dead and alive. and most of them are still idolized. we humans are just not perfect and we don't always act as logically as mr. spock. but that has nothing to do with political attitudes - it's in our nature.
edit on 30-1-2020 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

I'm putting this here in the mud-pit, because I believe this is political. If I put it in the wrong forum, admins please move it to where it belongs...

Personally, I believe Kobe Bryant was guilty. To me his apology reads like a half confession... but that is besides the point. I can agree to disagree with people on that matter.

I am kind of shocked at the response to his death from liberal america. They are heaping praise on the man and calling him a hero. Are we not supposed to #BelieveAllWomen? Where is the outrage? Where are the feminists marching in the street in their pink pussy hats? Why are they jumping to Kobe's defense when someone brings up the 2003 incident? Isn't an allegation all they need to try to destroy someone's life and legacy? And why aren't you all attacking the people who bring up the accuser's background, story, sperm stained panties, sexual history, or anything else about her? Why aren't you reminding people that she refused to testify because her name leaked to the press, her picture got on the cover of the Enquirer, and the death threats she and her family were recieving? Why is the #MeToo movement silent?

Is being really really good at bouncing a ball up and down a court, and putting it through a hoop, enough to give a guy a pass?

What gives?

Typical OP from a braindead liberal mental midget.

So, you are saying that a person cannot learn from mistakes they may have made in their past to become a better person? Who am I kidding, you all literally believe all humans can be checked into certain boxes and individualism is for the birds.

And then wonder why Donald Trump is your Prez LOL

You got me wrong. I'm no liberal.

I'm a Trump supporter. Have been since the day he announced he's running.

Since you called me "brain dead" I'll spell it out for you in a way a 10 year old should understand... This post is about the hypocrisy of the left. Had Kobe been white, or a conservative, we would see feminists and the #MeToo movement up in arms about how he's being hailed as a hero. We'd see people demonizing him on TV.

Whether you think he's guilty or innocent isn't the point. I said I thought he was guilty and I explained why I thought that. I can agree to disagree with you on his innocence or guilt.

Next time why don't you try reading the whole conversation so you don't make a fool out of yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join